Xtreme Skyflyer recieves new paint scheme

TheBEASTunchained

I can't decide if they're painting it all to the white or if they're making it black and white striped.

I was trying to decide that myself. Looks like they were careful to stop painting at the joint, so I'd guess that it is supposed to change color then.

• Like 2

2014: The Year of Fresh Paint :)

Unfortunately, the coaster that needs it the most is once again left out. I would understand that The Racer can't be done due to finances and other reasons, but how many rides/coasters have been painted that are in a better shape? Just paint The Racer already!

• Like 4

Its great to see Action Zone getting some much needed TLC. This part of the park has been looking pretty grim the last 5 years so its great to see that the area is receiving new paint and of course a new attraction ( and a lovely nod to the past with The Bat )

I'm getting more and more excited to go to the park this year! Action Zone will really be full of ACTION once again!

• Like 6

I think they might be painting it a dark gray/black color. I think the white/light color we see them painting might be a primer coat. Originally, the left tower of the winch tower was painted white, and now only the base is. The towers were previously exposed galvanized steel with no paint, so the primer was probably a necessity in order for the finish coat of paint to stick to the structure.

I am excited to see all the fresh paint and ride the shiny new B&M that KI is getting. Just over a month more of waiting to go!

• Like 4