Xtreme Skyflyer recieves new paint scheme

TheBEASTunchained

A new paint job, can't imagine what would happen if they changed the color on Vortex next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

^Them's fightin' words. Nobody messes with my Vortex!

Also, in other news, it would appear via a map teaser on Carowinds's Facebook page that their Xtreme Skyflyer has been renamed to Ripcord and relocated to a new spot between Nighthawk and Flying Ace Aerial Chase. Not worth a whole thread, so I figured I'd post it as an aside here rather than start a topic in the "Other Parks" board.

Between Flight Deck, Xtreme Skyflyer, Jr. Gemini, and The Grove at Kings Dominion, it would appear this is the year of the renames at Cedar Fair.

• Like 4

A new paint job, can't imagine what would happen if they changed the color on Vortex next year.

Also, in other news, it would appear via a map teaser on Carowinds's Facebook page that their Xtreme Skyflyer has been renamed to Ripcord and relocated to a new spot between Nighthawk and Flying Ace Aerial Chase. Not worth a whole thread, so I figured I'd post it as an aside here rather than start a topic in the "Other Parks" board.

Between Flight Deck, Xtreme Skyflyer, Jr. Gemini, and The Grove at Kings Dominion, it would appear this is the year of the renames at Cedar Fair.

You know everyone wants to see Vortex painted red and yellow just like Diamondback.

You know everyone wants to see Vortex painted red and yellow just like Diamondback.

I really, really hope that was sarcasm...

• Like 5

Carowinds has renamed there Xtreme Skyflyer to Ripcord wonder if this will be the trend to come? All the former Paramount Parks had an Xtreme Skyflyer while Cedar Fair liked to call their version Ripcord.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I love this ride. My daughter, one of her friends and I rode it. We still laugh about it. "Are you ready girls?" "No!" "Get ready we are going on 3! One!" "No!" "Two!" I pull the cord in two of course. What a rush on that drop.

If I was not on the pull side we'd still be up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

I've never been on this type of ride before...even with all the times I've been to CP, I've never gone on RipCord. I really want to go on one though. They sound like they're unlike anything else and provide such a unique thrill.

As TTD-120-420 mentioned, don't bother with Cedar Point's: it's insanely expensive. Kings Island's, with its typical $5 price in the morning, is the cheapest Skycoaster I've ever encountered.

• Like 2

I've never been on this type of ride before...even with all the times I've been to CP, I've never gone on RipCord. I really want to go on one though. They sound like they're unlike anything else and provide such a unique thrill.

As TTD-120-420 mentioned, don't bother with Cedar Point's: it's insanely expensive. Kings Island's, with its typical $5 price in the morning, is the cheapest Skycoaster I've ever encountered.

That will most likely change this year.
  • Like 3

I guess this is one of those situations where you didn't realize how bad something looked until it got revamped. There's a clear difference between what's been painted and what hasn't. It's certainly going to "pop" during the day now that it's all bright and shiny.

• Like 4