Slaughterhouse 2014 CONFIRMED!

Delirium2018

Given the recent trend that's been occurring with haunts over the past few years, I'd expect to see an Edgar Allen Poe haunt pop in before a Shakespearean one. Between the literal (Universal's Nevermore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G7F9L04n9s) and more abstract (Knott's Forevermore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24q3Y67U_5s) interpretations, it would seem to be a quite unique haunt in Kings Island's lineup alongside ones like Board 2 Death, Holiday Horror, and Wolf Pack.

• Like 2

Tapatalk is a registered trademark. As such, it is always capitalized.

Not trying to split hairs, but.....

arypy5e6.jpg

**Edited**

I stand corrected. After researching more, I found that my teachers were not 100% correct.

I swear some grammar rules are just as bad as the leagaleze that some laws are written in.

• Like 2

The Nevermore haunt US Florida was really fun. It was atmospheric and gothic with lightning, blowing curtains, a raven "cawing", a Tell Tale Heart beating, and dramatic Poe readings throughout the attraction and several Poe impersonators...lol...it was bizarre, but effective.

• Like 2

The regular ones are more fun.

See Kings Dominion.

I wouldn't be so sure. ;) I actually liked the amount of hang time we got on KI Crypt rather than KD Crypt, though KD's did provide more of an "out-of-control" feeling. KI's felt more immersive, which I think is half the fun, but I can't attribute all of that to Cedar Fair.
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Can I just please say, for those who knock the actors, there are many scare actors who work their a$$@$ off every night to scare and entertain the masses. Until you have done it you will never know. I love being a scare actor and will be until I can't walk. To hear what we hear from people is very troubling sometimes. I will say one last thing, we have alot of "seasoned" actors but we also have an abundance of "newbies" every year, and for them they do need some time before they can somewhat perfect their craft. Thanks . "Jack"

• Like 7

Can I just please say, for those who knock the actors, there are many scare actors who work their a$$@$ off every night to scare and entertain the masses. Until you have done it you will never know. I love being a scare actor and will be until I can't walk. To hear what we hear from people is very troubling sometimes. I will say one last thing, we have alot of "seasoned" actors but we also have an abundance of "newbies" every year, and for them they do need some time before they can somewhat perfect their craft. Thanks . "Jack"

Oh, no doubt. I volunteered one night for St Rita's Haunted House and I was over it after about an hour. It certainly was a lot of hard work. Fun, but exhausting.

Problem is, everyone tries to create the Knott's experience. Los Angeles has more actors looking for work than any other place in the world. KI, Carowinds, CP, etc simply don't have that luxary.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Oh yes, some of us like myself know full well the hard work Haunt is. Having done it for about 8 years myself..thanks to my knee probably never do it again so I enjoy it from a guest point of view. As Ryan pointed out Los Angeles is more entrainment based than say Cincinnati especially in acting. A lot of Knott's actors are actually....actors some of which played extras on television shows and such. LA is almost a completely different world.

For Cincinnati, I'll agree KI does good but it'll probably never be Knott's or even Universal.

• Like 3

^ Another interesting point... Universal Orlando. There aren't exactly a million actors in Orlando either. Some, but nothing like LA. That's offset by Uni putting a bajillion (that's one followed by 218 zeros) dollars into their haunt. It's an offset, but boy does it pay off for them.

Knott's gets the better deal, though, I imagine. lol

• Like 1