Will Kings Island ever put another 3D ride next to Dinosaurs 3D in the Action Theater?

kingsislandfan1972

I think Dinosaurs 3D, will come to an end soon, and their will be a new project for the building their after. I would like to see a return of moving seats and see some special effects added, like water spray, fog effects etc. But when Dinosaurs 3D is done, who knows what will come of the building... I keep getting the feeling they will expand Urgent Scare into where Dinosaurs 3D was (ounce/if Dinosaurs 3D comes to an end), and allow for that haunted house to be back to it's original length.

The only problem is that Urgent Scare permanently occupies the other theater during Halloween Haunt.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting frustrated with all this "wasted" space being used for only 2 months out of the year? I get tired of hearing things like, "Can't use that building because it's a permanent 'Haunt' attraction" or " 'Haunt' occupies that space, so we can't use that area" and so on and so fourth. For people who don't give a rip about any type of "Haunt" attraction or festivities of any kind (like myself), it's just frustrating to read stuff like this. I understand that the "Haunt" celebration at the park is a huge draw, but it's a very small part of their whole operating season. I wish there wouldn't be so much emphasis placed on it. If KI needed a space for a new main season attraction, I hope that they wouldn't hesitate to use a space or a building that already existed and not over look it because it's currently being occupied by a "Haunt" attraction.

I, for one, enjoyed the Action Theater and was sad to see it go. Many, MANY great memories of all the films that once were featured in that attraction. It's sad when things start changing, but it's nice to see when new things come. Unfortunately, nothing of interest is really being displayed as of now in that building for me. Perhaps one day in the future!

• Like 9

Agreed. I have no problem with them using the SOB station since it was built and the other option was tear it down. Same with the Crypt location (for now). But if they were to add another ride there I would be 100% okay with it. The motion rides have some of the best memories for me. WIth it being a wasted space for months is silly to me as well.

Movies played in the theater in order of awesomeness (according to me).

Days of Thunder

Marvel

Spongebob

• Like 2

I like Haunt, but I would prefer they wouldn't just use "fillers" on attractions that have came to an end... Put an attraction in the former Crypt building, put a new motion movie where Dinosaurs 3D is (or was, it is unknown if it's getting the boot), and as for the former Son of Beast station, that i'm okay with unless it hinders any sort of future building or even did so to Banshee's placement.

• Like 1

I doubt anything Haunt related is specifically holding back development in any of the spaces they currently occupy during the haunt (ie the theater, the Crypt building, the other half of Boo Blaster's building, SOB station, etc...) More than likely, there are no projects that have been floated that they feel would give them a decent enough return on investment to transform those buildings into a new whole season attraction. So while they are no longer being used for regular season events, it makes a convinent place to hold a Haunt where props don't have to put up/taken down every year, as well as a storage facility for the regular season. As soon as a project comes up that can make better use of those spaces and provide them the return on capital that they are looking for, they will move/get rid of the Haunt attraction in favor of the attraction that can be used from April thru October.

• Like 4

I am sure someday there will be changes made to said buildings and structures. Action Theater could still be something great again if they find the right flim(s) to show there that the whole family can enjoy together as a break from the summer heat. I also hope someday they transform the old TR:TR into something else someday with a nice flat ride of sorts to occupy the space or something of that nature, but only time will tell. These things will eventually have their time and place to make way for something else, whatever that may be. Until then that leaves room for future discussions eh?

A good example is Slaughterhouse being relocated to make room for the Chicken Shack.

That's a decent example. Another one would be Trail of Terror being taken out to be replaced by Dinosaurs Alive.

I like DA and think it's a great family attraction, but I miss ToT. It was one of my favorite haunts that the park ever had. Too bad it wasn't relocated somewhere else, but I don't know where they could have moved it to.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

The only problem is that Urgent Scare permanently occupies the other theater during Halloween Haunt.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting frustrated with all this "wasted" space being used for only 2 months out of the year? I get tired of hearing things like, "Can't use that building because it's a permanent 'Haunt' attraction" or " 'Haunt' occupies that space, so we can't use that area" and so on and so fourth. For people who don't give a rip about any type of "Haunt" attraction or festivities of any kind (like myself), it's just frustrating to read stuff like this. I understand that the "Haunt" celebration at the park is a huge draw, but it's a very small part of their whole operating season. I wish there wouldn't be so much emphasis placed on it. If KI needed a space for a new main season attraction, I hope that they wouldn't hesitate to use a space or a building that already existed and not over look it because it's currently being occupied by a "Haunt" attraction.

I, for one, enjoyed the Action Theater and was sad to see it go. Many, MANY great memories of all the films that once were featured in that attraction. It's sad when things start changing, but it's nice to see when new things come. Unfortunately, nothing of interest is really being displayed as of now in that building for me. Perhaps one day in the future!

I love Haunt but I hate seeing an attraction space wasted to just keep a haunt attraction set up inside it. The other permanent ones aren't a big deal because they aren't taking away from space. Club Blood and Wolf Pack aren't taking up an attractions area. I love Madame Fatale's but would rather see it moved to get a new attraction int hat space.

However, I don't think the haunts are really taking away form anything either. These are spaces that they are not planning to use anyway or I think they'd take them out. It's not like the Action Theatre is really in use anymore without Urgent Scare there. And I don't see it coming back. Idealy I think the building would be better used to have anew dark ride built inside it.

• Like 1

Many may not remember when AT opened it was a very very long line. An hour or two. That was with both sides open and shuffling people through. Both sides playing the same movie. Near the end it was a 10-15 minute wait, usually with only one side open or each side playing a different movie. It was not like they removed 1 whole side cutting into a very popular ride