New paint for Eiffel Tower

coasterdime

On Sunday, 5/2, I decided to take a trip to the top of the tower. It was pretty easy to see the primer all over the bottom of the tower, around the elevators. Obviously, the tower is getting a little cosmetic TLC, but will the work stop there?

I'm thinking that it may be a little late for major paint work this year, but can someone who knows for sure tell me?

While I'm on the subject, does anyone remember the old color? The dark/olive green of the 70's Eiffel Tower? Which color do you prefer? I'm partial to the lighter color....simply because it lights up so well at night.

While I'm on the subject, does anyone remember the old color? The dark/olive green of the 70's Eiffel Tower?

If memory serves me right (as Monroe would say) i believe the name of the color was trademarked, Eiffel Tower Blue or Eiffel Tower Green.

This Tower sup thinks the Tower looks like its got acne right now!! Strips and blotches everywhere! And the reason its so gosh darn late is because they had to get my new elevators in first....so that they didnt scratch the paint putting them in...hehe.

Only the bottom third, and the two platforms will be painted....painted in the original color...Eiffel Tower Green....

--Di

I don't think the French would like it because right now they don't like us. Has nothing to do with the colors of their flag. Abviously, red, white, and blue is associated with the USA, not the French. Anyway, I hope they paint it soon. Looks terrible.

The flag - the tricolore - consists of three vertical bands of equal width, displaying the country's national colors: blue, white and red. The blue band is positioned nearest the flag-staff, the white in the middle, and the red on the outside.

Source

and you were saying?

but yea it did look bad

I don`t quite understand why the park would only paint the observation platforms and the bottom third of the tower. Even if they were painted the same color, you would be able to tell what sections weren`t painted because of the faded paint that wasn`t repainted. However, at least they are repainting the tower, and giving it some much needed TLC.

For what it's worth, the original Eiffel Tower is actually painted three different colors, that get lighter...progressively farther up the tower. It's supposed to promote an illusion of increased height...

Absolutely correct! Three shades of brown are used that are only used on the tower and no where else.

Its the color is it now, until in fresher look, and its the bottom 1/3.... to 1) Save money 2) no one looks there anyway.... And no, according to Jill, the middle section isn't to be painted even in the off season (I asked)

--di

I think that the whole tower needs to be re-painted, not just the part of it. The faded paint color is light blue and the faded paint color would fade from blue to white if not re-painted. Just like when it faded from green to blue.

Derek

Well, I haven`t been up to the island in the past couplr of weeks. So I don`t know how bad the Tower looked last week. I do find it odd that they didn`t do more painting on the Tower earlier. I understand they were putting in the new elevators, but I would have thought that they would have done some primer or preliminary work to prepare for the paint job in the winter. I just find it odd that they started painting the preseason is almost over. I hope the new paint makes the tower look good. PKI has been painting a lot of attractions the past couple of seasons.

Im sure they would have done it earlier..... but theres another flaw in that logic---- $$$$ They had to find and alot the money for it.....not always a quick and easy task.

I'm happy with the partial job, I just hope they do it soon, and dont have to close my ride down, and I'll have to keep people away from touching the darn thing, cause that sucks.

I don`t agree with the partial painting of the Tower. I`m assuming that the new paint will be a brighter green than the paint that is already on it. The two tones might just look awful. But, then again, you might only be able to tell the difference if you ride to the top in the elevator.