Something new besides Banshee for 2014?

IndyGuy4KI

^That was pretty good..

My biggest thing about Alonzo's show leaving..Something needs to meet or exceed the show IMO to be put in there. If it's anything less than what I got out of Alonzo, I'm going to be disappointed. Something with the same wow and interesting factor that had enough to pull me out of the lines and midways to watch a show other than to escape into shade/AC, it has to be good. If it's not I'll wait for another ride.

Nobody honored that great man more than I, but they couldn't really do that show forever...
Vegas does....or so it doth seem.
One could argue that Disney and Universal do as well. I just don't think it would work at Kings Island.
  • Like 5

I don't post often. But, I have a good feeling a about this one.

In honor of The Bat returning, the blue car on The Racer will run backwards again. (teaser tweet about which Racer car is your favorite)

And a return on one hour ert

The second year of The Bat's operation (1982) was the year The Racer began to run with one side backwards. Makes sense to me. Although they did just switch them back to both forward less than a decade ago.

As for one hour ERT, Yes please.

• Like 2

I don't post often. But, I have a good feeling a about this one.

In honor of The Bat returning, the blue car on The Racer will run backwards again. (teaser tweet about which Racer car is your favorite)

And a return on one hour ert

The second year of The Bat's operation (1982) was the year The Racer began to run with one side backwards. Makes sense to me. Although they did just switch them back to both forward less than a decade ago.

As for one hour ERT, Yes please.

For Racer ro run backwards again, PTC would have to agree to it unless they brought trains from a company that agrees. PTC has already said that they dont recommend it.

• Like 4

We already are receiving Banshee and The Bat is currently being repainted...

Banshee is the cake, The Bat will be the icing, and if this announcement turns out to be something exciting, then it will only be sprinkles onto the treasure we already have!

And if this announcement doesn't particularly interest you, than well, that's why their building Banshee...

[This post was moved from Banshee Construction Progress]

• Like 7

What has happened this year...

Banshee
'The Bat' rethemeing
Xtreme Skyflyer repaint
Action Zone Target pulled out of the ground, and something mysterious going on there. (Possible TBA location?)
TBA Attraction
Parking lot sign refurbished
Chicken Shack
New Adventure Express Chain

• Like 10

What has happened this year...

Banshee

'The Bat' rethemeing

Xtreme Skyflyer repaint

Action Zone Target pulled out of the ground, and something mysterious going on there. (Possible TBA location?)

TBA Attraction

Parking lot sign refurbished

Chicken Shack

New Adventure Express Chain

Parking lot repave.

From Oktoberfest to Action Zone the asphalt has been replaced with concrete.

Not sure if this is any indication of something new, but all the turnstiles and gates had been removed from the front.

• Like 1

^ Somebody needs to take a deep breath and let it go.

jcgoble3, still slightly upset that he didn't get to ride SOB (so does that make me a hypocrite?)

There's a difference between marginally regretting a missed opportunity and beating a dead horse to a bloody pulp and then running it through a meat grinder.

• Like 8

See, that's the thing. It's not a "missed opportunity" for me. It's that I never even had the chance. As an 8- or 9-year-old kid (I forget which), The Racer spooked me so bad back in the mid-90s that thrill rides were not something I ever even thought about until I saw a Kings Island Gold Pass commercial on TV in spring of 2010, and even then it took about a month from my first visit to work myself up to Diamondback and learn to enjoy thrill rides. So I never had a single chance to ride it, yet for the better part of three seasons I went to the park on a regular basis and saw it sitting there SBNO. So I'm slightly miffed that I had to look at it for three seasons and never had one chance to ride it. :)

• Like 7

See, that's the thing. It's not a "missed opportunity" for me. It's that I never even had the chance. As an 8- or 9-year-old kid (I forget which), The Racer spooked me so bad back in the mid-90s that thrill rides were not something I ever even thought about until I saw a Kings Island Gold Pass commercial on TV in spring of 2010, and even then it took about a month from my first visit to work myself up to Diamondback and learn to enjoy thrill rides. So I never had a single chance to ride it, yet for the better part of three seasons I went to the park on a regular basis and saw it sitting there SBNO. So I'm slightly miffed that I had to look at it for three seasons and never had one chance to ride it. :)

Wow. I feel you- I'm kind of in the same boat, though technically I did have two chances to ride Son of Beast: in its opening season of 2000, but I was a 10-year-old kid and the sheer size of the ride alone scared me a bit back then all by itself (and another ride I rode scared me that very day as well). Then, in 2009 when I was overcoming my fear of roller coasters for the first time, and having just ridden Diamondback (along with Beast & Vortex earlier in that day), I headed over to SOB to ride it and...it broke down. :wacko: Oddly, it never re-opened but was testing all day, so at least I got to see it running empty trains and stuff that visit. I would not return to Kings Island until May 2010, however, and by then SOB was closed...for good.

Oh, and the ride that spooked me into a fear of roller coasters on that visit in 2000? The Racer. Didn't realize what "airtime" was and thought I was actually flying out of the ride. Ironic, eh? Or perhaps Racer just is NOT a good starter roller coaster...

• Like 7

Yay. I won't be judged for not being a big fan of coasters. It's not a fear, I just don't like the feeling of my stomach sitting next to my brain. It gives me a headache. That's part of the reason I hope today's announcement is the Eagles, it would be something new for me to ride.

And, there wasn't a particular ride that made me not enjoy them. My cousins forced me to ride Adventure Express, and the lap bar forced me to sit down. I came off in pain with bruised legs. Which, of course reinforced the thought of coasters being un-enjoyable. I now ride Adventure Express regularly.

Another reason that the Eagles would make me very happy, is because when telling my mom about them, she told me how much my late mam-maw loved them. I was very close to her, and I think getting to ride something she loved, even if not the originals, would make me feel close to her. She freaked my mom out the first time my mom rode them; guess who was snapping!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Looks like there doing something in the old AZ circle.

6mCMXwc.jpg

EDIT: It is now really starting to look like a FE Ride. The White-ish Cement Could Be The Ride OP Booth. The other area of Cement, Exit. And the Dirt Area Could Be the Queue Line.

We can not assume that whatever is going on in the circle in AZ is going to be the announcement today.

• Like 8