Something new besides Banshee for 2014?

IndyGuy4KI

Looks like there doing something in the old AZ circle.

6mCMXwc.jpg

EDIT: It is now really starting to look like a FE Ride. The White-ish Cement Could Be The Ride OP Booth. The other area of Cement, Exit. And the Dirt Area Could Be the Queue Line.

We can not assume that whatever is going on in the circle in AZ is going to be the announcement today.

I was just saying what I thought. Didn't say it was going in there. <_<

• Like 2

Looks like there doing something in the old AZ circle.

6mCMXwc.jpg

EDIT: It is now really starting to look like a FE Ride. The White-ish Cement Could Be The Ride OP Booth. The other area of Cement, Exit. And the Dirt Area Could Be the Queue Line.

We can not assume that whatever is going on in the circle in AZ is going to be the announcement today.

I was just saying what I thought. Didn't say it was going in there. <_<

Sorry, I assumed since you posted it under this thread it was part of your guess!

• Like 1

The approximate radius of the current circle is too small to hold a standard (insert standard name for what the Flying Eagles were) according to satellite maps via Bing or Google.

And don't let the word "approximate" deter you to thinking I'm inferring with a bias.

I dont know if its just me, But it looks like they have "Expanded" the circle a little more.

• Like 1

The approximate radius of the current circle is too small to hold a standard (insert standard name for what the Flying Eagles were) according to satellite maps via Bing or Google.

And don't let the word "approximate" deter you to thinking I'm inferring with a bias.

I dont know if its just me, But it looks like they have "Expanded" the circle a little more.
Nice avatar
  • Like 2

Nice avatar -___-

No, I didn't steal it from you. I just have a picture folder of Vintage KI Photos on my computer

• Like 1

Nice avatar -___-

No, I didn't steal it from you. I just have a picture folder of Vintage KI Photos on my computer

I didn't say you stole it. It's just very similar.

• Like 3

Nice avatar -___-

It's not the same photo so it couldn't be theft. I think he was simply saying "nice avatar" Mr. Guilty Conscience :D

• Like 3

My bet is a new live show that will culminate in a daily human sacrifice. The lucky victims will be selected from internet forums/message boards; specifically those individuals who consistently fail to capitalize proper nouns or who cannot distinguish between the proper usage of the words "your" or "you're".

• Like 10

My bet is a new live show that will culminate in a daily human sacrifice. The lucky victims will be selected from internet forums/message boards; specifically those individuals who consistently fail to capitalize proper nouns or who cannot distinguish between the proper usage of the words "your" or "you're".

If only.

I was talking to my a few of neighbors the other day. I mentioned we were excited about KI opening soon. They asked when we were planning on going. I told them media day, opening day and other days. Of course they looked at us (Katie was there) weird. Katie said we will go several times. One neighbor asks, 3-4 times? Katie responded "no like 15-20 at least." Ha!

She told them about Banshee and how excited we are. The same neighbor asked if we get bored. Katie said never, we love the park. We've met so many people there we always have fun even on cold or rainy days.

With that being said I am so excited about an added attraction announcement. I think this year maybe the one of the most fun (at least most anticipated) years at KI for both Katie and I. Today will drag. It's nothing shy of wonderful being able to do things with a teenager and having her not dread hanging out with her mom.

I am hoping to be available at 4:00 for the announcement, but I am at work. I know a few have my cell # can someone text me the news when it's announced?!

I am thinking the announcement will be what's going on in the target. It could be the target area and shows. Eagles would be a sweet, sweet thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

^That was pretty good..

My biggest thing about Alonzo's show leaving..Something needs to meet or exceed the show IMO to be put in there. If it's anything less than what I got out of Alonzo, I'm going to be disappointed. Something with the same wow and interesting factor that had enough to pull me out of the lines and midways to watch a show other than to escape into shade/AC, it has to be good. If it's not I'll wait for another ride.

Nobody honored that great man more than I, but they couldn't really do that show forever...

Vegas does....or so it doth seem.

Vegas also doesn't offer season passes....or so it doth seem.

• Like 2

^That was pretty good..

My biggest thing about Alonzo's show leaving..Something needs to meet or exceed the show IMO to be put in there. If it's anything less than what I got out of Alonzo, I'm going to be disappointed. Something with the same wow and interesting factor that had enough to pull me out of the lines and midways to watch a show other than to escape into shade/AC, it has to be good. If it's not I'll wait for another ride.

Nobody honored that great man more than I, but they couldn't really do that show forever...

I've heard of people getting a "pass" to go to Vegas; never heard of anyone getting a "season pass" to go to Vegas.

As far as replacing Ed Alonzo's show, I think it would be pretty awesome if they could do something like the ShadowBox Caberet in there. For those that haven't been (I'm not even sure if it still exists in Northern Kentucky and Columbus or not) it was a mix of live, part improve part sketched comedy mixed in with live music/singing. The people doing the improve were also the same people playing/singing the music. They'd have to tone it down a bit to make it more family friendly for KI, but I wouldn't imagine that would be too tough. Something like that would be awesome.

Personally, if they could find a way to run the Blue Racer backwords again, might be more thrilled about that than the installation of Banshee. It ran that way for what, 20 seasons (guess)? so it obviously works, even if they had to modify the trains. Of course getting new trains or modifying the existing ones to get PTC to sign off may not be a cheap endevour, but I adored the Backwards Racer.

• Like 2

^That was pretty good..

I've heard of people getting a "pass" to go to Vegas; never heard of anyone getting a "season pass" to go to Vegas.

As far as replacing Ed Alonzo's show, I think it would be pretty awesome if they could do something like the ShadowBox Caberet in there. For those that haven't been (I'm not even sure if it still exists in Northern Kentucky and Columbus or not) it was a mix of live, part improve part sketched comedy mixed in with live music/singing. The people doing the improve were also the same people playing/singing the music. They'd have to tone it down a bit to make it more family friendly for KI, but I wouldn't imagine that would be too tough. Something like that would be awesome.

Personally, if they could find a way to run the Blue Racer backwords again, might be more thrilled about that than the installation of Banshee. It ran that way for what, 20 seasons (guess)? so it obviously works, even if they had to modify the trains. Of course getting new trains or modifying the existing ones to get PTC to sign off may not be a cheap endevour, but I adored the Backwards Racer.

Well they started going backwards during The Bat (original) final days of operation. I was at the park daily with my friend and we could catch a Bat ride when they would open it. Knew it was on its last trips as they got wilder and faster. I thought it was a PR thing to have people forget about The Bat and its issues. Yes we all agree in our family that backwards Racer is the way to go.

• Like 1

Roll call of rides beginning with B?

Bat, Banshee, (New attraction beginning with B )?

This post brought to you by the letter B.

In other news, I've grown to hate the sunglasses smiley. Always interfering with my ability to type a B followed by a close paren.

You forgot the Backwards Racers.. B-)

• Like 4

Roll call of rides beginning with B?

Bat, Banshee, (New attraction beginning with B )?

This post brought to you by the letter B.

In other news, I've grown to hate the sunglasses smiley. Always interfering with my ability to type a B followed by a close paren.

You forgot the Backwards Racers.. B-)

Don't forget Bavarian Beetle too. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 6