Something new besides Banshee for 2014?

IndyGuy4KI

^^A new magic show? I was unaware that the new show was a magic show. The show is called "Cirque Imagine," and the announcement said that it is a show, "...featuring an incredible showcase of strength, balance and athleticism." I'm not sure this is magic show.

• Like 4

Yes it is back on! IT is a new magic show!

A new magic show? I was unaware that the new show was a magic show. The show is called "Cirque Imagine," and the announcement said that it is a show, "...featuring an incredible showcase of strength, balance and athleticism." I'm not sure this is magic show.

I'd take a magic show over it to be honest

• Like 1

I'm sure that some will derive great enjoyment from this show.

I will almost certainly not be part of this "some", but to each his own. I had my two consecutive years of enjoyment out of that theater. Because I love Kings Island, I hope the show is a success, but I will not be contributing to the success, as I have no intention of seeing the show.

• Like 2

Think of this show more along the lines of what you'd find on a cruise ship--given the size of the stage in the theater, I think the show will be good. Cirque Du Soleil plays on massive stages (for their permanent shows), so its comparing apples to oranges. If only KI would put a bit of money into rehabbing the interior. New carpet and seats would be a start.

• Like 6

I'll be honest, it looks kind of dumb. I know they just posted a 2-minute video, but it looks like 1/100 of what Cirque De Soleil is. Oh, wow, people roller blading over a hill - cool!

While I sat it out to ride Leviathan, Canada's Wonderland has the same show. From what I hear, it is an amazing show.

• Like 2

Guest KingsIslandPR

Long-time park visitors will find the caliber of this show ranks right up there with the shows they saw in the KI Theater in the 1970's and 1980's.

• Like 32

I'm not one for shows at parks, but this I am decently interested in. Ed Alonso was a great addition last year, and, though he didn't do too much for me personally, I really liked the deviation from musical revues and ice-skating Snoopys. (I was born after those 70's and 80's shows, so I can't exactly compare this to them, but this is a welcomed change from what I can remember growing up with at the park.)

Thanks to everyone at KI who decided to try something new and different--I know I'll be at a showing of this as soon as I can.

• Like 5

Who would want to go to a show, when their is all those amazing rides in the park. Come on people! I would rather ride Diamondback, The Beast, and Banshee, then watch a show.

A few examples:

-Grandparents/parents who are visiting with grandkids and can't/don't want to ride those rides

-Anyone of any age who doesn't like the rides (yes, those people exist) and finds him- or herself at the park

-People who go to amusement parks like Kings Island for more than just the rides (some of whom post here)

-People who are physically unable to ride the rides

-People who like the shows at the park enough to make a fansite for them

• Like 13