Something new besides Banshee for 2014?

IndyGuy4KI

Well it's unfortunate that these guys aren't receiving love.

I love this kind of stuff, performances of aerobatics, flashy tricks that take either athleticism or tons and tons of practice.
Like just alone the guys doing some tumbling with the corks and such... Just that alone I love watching.

Maybe I just like a wide variety of show entertainment, but I'm happy for this show, and I hope they have a performance on Tuesday.. Or at least after or before my shift. I would clock out and make my way over to the park to see this.

• Like 8

I never liked magic, until I saw the Ed Alonzo Show. I've never liked watching rolling on ramps, but I'll give it a shot. You ever know.

Huh. That's exactly what I was thinking. This isn't going to be Ed Sullivan Plate Spinners, like an average acrobatic show.

I didn't find Ed Alonzo's show boring, and I was never one to go to a magic show.

• Like 4

You know, if you don't care about the show, there's no need to complain about it. Kings Island is getting Banshee, a thrilling coaster made by B&M. You are more than adequately supplied in the thrill department. This show doesn't detract from your experience but it may add to other guests experiences in the park.

• Like 10

As was mentioned, there are a lot of season pass holders here.

I like to switch out activities in the park. One day nothing but Coney Island, another day nothing but coasters.

There's days I just want to walk around and take in things, like watching shows.

• Like 6

Im personally very excited. I love roller coasters but I will take time out of my day to watch a show. It looks like the Entertainment department was thinking of a new type of show instead of a musical. It look like the Circle in AZ is laid out as two circles so I think it maybe a fountain. I mean we are already getting Banshee for Gods sake we are lucky we are not a neglected park when it comes to rides unlike some parks(VF, MA, MS&CF)

• Like 5

Perhaps Kings Island is being wed this year. Look at what the major announcements for 2014 so far:

Something old: Flight Deck becoming The Bat

Something new: Banshee

Something borrowed: Cirque Imagine brought over from CW

Something blue: Banshee twist ice cream returns.

-homestar92, who has realized he should probably get some sleep now...

• Like 11

Perhaps Kings Island is being wed this year. Look at what the major announcements for 2014 so far:

Something old: Flight Deck becoming The Bat

Something new: Banshee

Something borrowed: Cirque Imagine brought over from CW

Something blue: Banshee twist ice cream returns.

-homestar92, who has realized he should probably get some sleep now...

No, the "something old" is supposed to be a DSL modem. Seriously, what's older than DSL internet?

(every time that commercial comes on, I want to throw my remote through the TV.)

• Like 5

And to the bellyachers/whiners who moan it's not a ride:

Not a single person watching a show, waiting for a show, walking to the show or walking back from the show is in front of you for a ride. Then again, showgoers have stronger demographics and buy more in the park, including most probably Fast Lane. They often are the admission buyers, who decide whether to go to a park, or can veto it, taking their money elsewhere.

Banshee cost tens of millions. This show probably not even two. I'd go so far as to say that the show will have a shorter ROI (return on investment), though it will have a shorter lifespan.

The show will be different three years from now. It is hoped Banshee will be evergreen--the same 20 years from now as on April 18, 2014. Or April 17.

• Like 14

Who would want to go to a show, when their is all those amazing rides in the park. Come on people! I would rather ride Diamondback, The Beast, and Banshee, then watch a show.

I'm one of those that don't like to ride coasters all the time. (a lot of them make me sick)

Well it doesn't make me sick. And that's just me.

Thong? : ). Also, than to compare, then when discussing sequence, as noted by Terpy.

Edit: darn Terp you fixed it!

A. Posting from a bouncing Metro car is fun.

B. Perhaps Club Blood intervened.

Are we back to posting from a bumpy road again? What an offseason it truely has been.

• Like 3

^I would hope not, this off season has made me go a little bonkers too.

I didn't really expect much of an announcement, but I am glad that they did. They needed something to match, and or exceed what Ed Alonzo's was(Mind you I disliked the show for one reason: Provocative dressing, other than that it was a great show.). The ice cream, well, it's ice cream, something I don't eat much of, and something that would draw dollars from the new attraction.