Koch Family Have Purchased Alabama's Splash Adventure

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rampage tweet / photo update from Mr. Dan Koch via Twitter (@SplashinDan)

"Rampage looking good. Still lots of work to be done. #SplashAdventure"

14cg0wk.jpg

"I love the smell of fresh number one grade lumber in the morning.Smells like victory.Rampage rules! #SplashAdventure"

z0dwo.jpg

"The Koch family loves Alabama, America and the Rampage. God bless Alabama! #SplashAdventure"

23h54px.jpg

"Woo hoo! Rampage. #SplashAdventure"

rmu1ec.jpg

"Not pretty! Real train is at PTC in Philly. I'll tweet when it comes back completely refurbished. #SplashAdventure"

mc6nif.jpg

.....And just to clarify the above photo and tweet for those of you who aren't aware......The train that Dan mentions above, is in fact in Philadelphia right now undergoing refurbishment from PTC. The train you see in the photo sitting near the station is Rampage's second train, which has not yet been sent to Philadelphia for refurbishment.

• Like 8

Given how terribly that a large racing coaster in Illinois' trains are running, one is forced to wonder about the future of THAT particular ride.

Some owners respect, even revere wood coasters.

Others, on the other hand....

(And the new steel coaster in that Illinois park is glorious. I woodn't and won't call it wood.)

• Like 9

From Dan's Facebook today:

This forgotten little park in Alabama (Alabama Splash Adventure) is turning around. 2014 has been great. We are clean, friendly, safe and happy. Alabama Splash Adventure's future is so bright we shine like a Super Nova that burns forever! Thank you Alabama and America. We are blessed to have the greatest guests and the greatest two parks for one low price in America with the Rampage Roller Coaster back online for 2015. I'll be sending pictures of Kochs riding Rampage this fall. We should be able to squeeze an ACE event in this fall as well once the Rampage ptc train returns from Philly! Woo Hoo! Life is great in Bama!

Dan has really shown his passion in this project. I love it!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Per Dan Koch (@splashindan) on Twitter:

"@SplashinDan: We are getting it done. Rampage rules! # SplashAdventutre"

Attached is a picture of some maintenance employees and Pat Koch in what appears to be a new red Rampage car from PTC.

Link to tweet: https://twitter.com/splashindan/status/520603083039326210

If you look a few tweets down from this one on Dan's feed, you'll find a somewhat awkward selfie. I suppose what he does with his Twitter is his business, but still...

• Like 9

It's possible that selfie was uploaded by accident and/or meant for a personal account (non-work-associated) account.

Looks like an awesome coaster. Where, in Alabama, is this located?

It's located in Bessemer, Alabama, which is about 15 miles southwest of Birmingham.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...