Coaster Campout

XjoshhyX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Registered attendees and their guests (1 for noncampers, up to 3 for campers) get a complimentary admission ticket for each day.

I registered, but I didn't get a campsite. I still don't know whether I will attend.

I'm still not sure about this event. It looks like a decent hotel would be ~$100 after tax tomorrow night, which is hard to justify for ERT for one person.

The weather looks perfect, though, and night marathons (that are open to the public) at CP don't happen very often.

Not much sleeping going on in the tents, I take it?

Some campers were apparently no-shows; they invited a group of us non-campers to go buy a tent at Walmart and pitch it right then. We didn't take them up on it.

• Like 2

The tent I've used to camp near Holiday World the past couple of years came from Walmart for $25. Actually a decent tent for how basic it is. Had no problems with it until last October, when it leaked in the rain, but that's my fault for not performing maintenance on it, specifically applying seam sealer.

If I go to this next year and don't get selected to camp, I'll make sure to toss my tent in the trunk of my car just in case there are no-shows and they make that offer again. :)

I'm pretty sure that Walmart was just the first store that came to mind for camping supplies after midnight. They had extra space, so they were inviting some non-campers to camp out if they had (or could get) the gear. (To be clear, this wasn't publicized or announced.)

The event was a lot of fun. The park was very generous with complimentary admission for non-passholders, and attendees enjoyed free meals and exclusive access to Frontier Town after 8:00pm. Walking through silent midways packed with tents was a sight to behold.

I hope to attend next year (assuming they do it again) and actually camp out in the park.

• Like 2