Fast Lane 2014 ?

soke81

Me and my family visit Kings Island once a year, last year we bought the Fast Lane and now will never visit KI without it. This year we are visiting on 07/04 or 07/05, and trying to get our four Fast Lane passes ASAP as these dates will be popular. I contacted the park about when they will go on sale twice and got the same answer, "we have no idea".........REALLY!!?? Its a month away from opening day and they have no idea? To me this makes KI seem unorganized for a major theme park. When we go to Disney they always have at least a tentative date for everything. Anyway, just wandered if anyone on here has heard anything about an on sale date.

• Like 1

Welcome to the site!

That's actually a really good question. I do wonder if they're hesitating to make Fast Lane purchasable online to avoid selling out too far in advance of opening day, what with Banshee opening and all. I don't know if that actually is the case or not. I guess your safest best would be to keep in contact with the park as opening day gets closer to see if any information becomes available.

I'm actually somewhat in the same boat with you, as a matter of fact. Carowinds hasn't made any Fast Lane information available for a future visit I'll be taking, and their opening day is a week from Saturday. Hm...

• Like 4

I too am a fan of Fast Lane, so much I cashed out for 5 different people between 2 KI & 3 CP trips last year. Skipping a 2 hour line for Raptor made my sister and brother in-law believers. Probably gonna get + next year whenever I make down for Banshee

All hail Fast Lane.

• Like 2

On a related note, this page does not label Banshee as being part of Fast Lane at all. I see two possibilities:

1. The page simply hasn't been updated (which, as Terpy pointed out, could be because they are still working out details), or

2. Banshee will not have Fast Lane this year.

#1 is more likely IMO, but #2 is still possible.

• Like 1

There's a huge demand for Fast Lane, and it's a major revenue source for the park. It will certainly be available for Banshee, most likely as Fast Lane Plus.

Pricing, tier(s), and ride line-ups have yet to be announced for Fast Lane at Kings Island in 2014.

• Like 2

It probably will be Banshee and Firehawk on Plus for 2014. Firehawk because its capacity is terrible and Banshee because it is new (*sparkle *sparkle). I can see them moving Banshee down to regular for 2015 and placing Flight of Fear on Plus (On a side note - forget renaming AZ, rename X-Base to "Low Capacity Central"). CP had Gatekeeper on its Plus rotation for 2013 but for 2014 Plus includes Maverick and TTD.

• Like 1

I figured I would ask this here.

The wife and I are going to Cedar Point May 31st for the first time in three years. Thats a long stretch for us. Ive never used Fast Lane at any park but we will only be there one day and I'm considering it. So the questions I have are:

1. Does the allotment usually sell out on a Saturday and if so how quickly?

2. How crowded do you think this date will be considering it is not the holiday weekend?

• Like 1

I figured I would ask this here.

The wife and I are going to Cedar Point May 31st for the first time in three years. Thats a long stretch for us. Ive never used Fast Lane at any park but we will only be there one day and I'm considering it. So the questions I have are:

1. Does the allotment usually sell out on a Saturday and if so how quickly?

2. How crowded do you think this date will be considering it is not the holiday weekend?

For what it's worth....we are going this year and plan to purchase them for a Monday.

Not sure how fast they sell out but I won't buy them in advance in case of weather conditions.

And yes....it's totally worth the price. Makes a visit to the park a complete different experience, IMO.

Also.....2014 Fast Lane info for CP has been released.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/things-to-do/fast-lane

• Like 1

I'm guessing it will still be pretty crowded even though that's not the holiday weekend this year. Lots and lots of class trips during the week and that'll be the first weekend out of school for a lot of kids.

When we have gotten Fast Lane we waited until a day or two before our trip to buy it. That way you can check the weather and make sure it's not going to be a complete rain out type day. My brother and I always get Fast Lane for our one Cedar Point visit a year and have never regretted it. We figure if we're only going once we better make sure we get our fill of rides while we are there.

• Like 1

APE

1. Never have I seen Fast Lane sell out, especially on a Sat. in May

2. It's a Saturday end of May..it could go either way to an extent, buy your FL in the park if needed, I would never buy it beforehand. But it could be either or.

FL is nice, esp if it's a one time trip, not like me where I make three trips in a weekend :P. We did it during Pointfest because I didn't want to deal with the majority of the Jesusy people in the park that day, they drive me nuts, and make the park ridiculously packed. It's nice to bypass the majority of the line and wait a normal amount of time for a ride you would expect waiting for (60-70min tops) or complete walk on or next cycle wait.

• Like 2

We usually do a three day trip when we go however since my son isn't even a year old yet the wife (and rightfully so) is having trouble with the idea of being away from him for a night let alone three. So we are going to be at the park all day Saturday, stay at Sandcastle Suites, then do a few hours Sunday morning before heading home.

• Like 1

If you are used to KI Fast Lane and never experienced CP's, expect a change. CP's Fast Lane integrates you with the regular line at some point doesn't take you directly to the station (much like FoF once you entered the spaceship), the only exception is Maverick, Raptor and maXair.

• Like 2

It's a mix of both, some rides have you use the exit, or go right to a ride op to get loaded, some major rides merge the line, but usually right before the station skipping the majority of the queue. For instance Magnum gets you to the base of the stairs for FL, Monster gets you right to the platform, and Millie merges prior to the ramp skipping the three queue houses.

• Like 1