Fast Lane 2014 ?

soke81

I have only seen Fast Lane sell out twice at Cedar Point. It will not sell out the day you plan on going.

Even on the busiest of Halloweekend Saturdays I have been able to ride pretty much everything I wanted without a Fast Lane pass. You just have to have a good understanding for how the crowds move.

I think you'd be fine without getting Fast Lane, but if you are looking for multiple re-rides on things then yeah, Fast Lane is a good thing to have.

• Like 1

Most of KI's Fast Lane take you directly to the station (except FoF)

Just a summation of all the FastLanes, and how they operate, circa 2013...

INTERNATIONAL STREET

Eiffel Tower - Takes you directly to elevator, no wait

Boo Blasters on Boo Hill - Takes you directly to station, 3-5 car wait

Action Zone

Invertigo - Takes you directly to the station, 1-2 train wait

Congo Falls - Starts midway through queue, takes you directly to station, 1-2 boat wait.

Drop Tower - Takes you directly to loading, no wait

Delirium - Takes you to the "bull pens", 1 cycle wait

OKTOBERFEST

Adventure Express - Takes you directly to the station, 1-2 train wait

Viking Fury - Stars midway through queue, takes you to platform. Generally 1-4 cycle wait (unless the park is very crowded and the queue house is used, this seems like the least helpful FastLane in the park)

CONEY MALL

Racer - Takes you directly to station, 1-2 train wait

Zephyr - Right to loading, no wait

Monster - Right to loading, no wait

Scrambler - Right to loading, no wait

Dodgem - Right to loading, no wait

Firehawk - To separator, 1-2 train wait

Flight of Fear - To inside UFO, 1-3 train wait

Vortex - Right to separator, 1-2 train wait

WindSeeker - Right to separator, 1 cycle wait

Shake, Rattle, and Roll - Right to loading, no wait

RIVERTOWN

The Beast - Right to separator, 1-3 train wait

Diamondback - Right to separator, 1-3 train wait

Planet Snoopy

Flying Ace Aerial Chase - Right to separator, 1-3 train wait

Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown - Right to station, no wait

Surf Dog - Right to separator, 1 cycle wait

• Like 2

Every Fast Lane I know basically you go up the exit or a separate line right to the ride platform.

KI lets FL over regular riders alot more often, CP is pretty fair. They may let a bit of regular line go, and FL waits maybe five minutes compared to a 40 minute wait. FL doesn't give you the privilege of walk ons, it gets you in a separate line for just people with the same bracelet, that's all.

• Like 2

I got the Fast Lane + when I went on a Saturday in July and was able to do everything multiple times. The + option worked for Gatekeeper and Top Thrill Dragster, so if you want to do those as well, I recommend spending a few extra to get them. If you have never been to Cedar Point before and want to do everything multiple times, I recommend the Fast Lane or Fast Lane + options.

• Like 2

KI lets FL over regular riders alot more often, CP is pretty fair. They may let a bit of regular line go, and FL waits maybe five minutes compared to a 40 minute wait. FL doesn't give you the privilege of walk ons, it gets you in a separate line for just people with the same bracelet, that's all.

Therefore, Cedar Point's FastLane is not as good a value as Kings Island's. If I spend extra money for extra treatment, I expect that extra treatment, and would feel scammed if I had to stand and wait as long (if not longer) than a guest who didn't pay for the service.

• Like 2

Look I got Fast Lane quite a bit last year. One time I got it the Fast Lane was about half the size of the real line. That day we bought Fast Lane and it wasnt sold out. That said if you go and Fast Lane is sold out you wont want it anyways, because the line will be too long to be worth it. I waited about 30 mins on Diamondback last summer on that day. So dont buy it online, besides you dont know if it will be raining that day.

• Like 1

^^It is a better value I'll give you that.

The extra treatment is just to stand in a different line with other people and their shiny wristbands. That is literally all your paying for. I'd say they delivered. You will never wait in a FL line longer than a regular guest..only time is if the ride has no queue. Most people on average at CP have waited was like 30-90 minutes for Maverick this season but the regular queue was 4 hours. By the amount of rides you can get done with FL in the park versus a regular guest, you practically triple the amount of rides in time of that of a regular guest on a busy day. I had a huge debate about this on Pointbuzz. You pay for standing in a line, that's your extra treatment. You get on rides before anyone in the regular line unless both lines are dead, end of story.

• Like 2

Therefore, Cedar Point's FastLane is not as good a value as Kings Island's. If I spend extra money for extra treatment, I expect that extra treatment, and would feel scammed if I had to stand and wait as long (if not longer) than a guest who didn't pay for the service.

I wouldn't say Kings Island's is a better value. At the end of the day, one gets you on Cedar Point rides and the other gets you on Kings Island's. I think that makes up for it.

• Like 1

The pricing for Fast Lane and Fast Lane plus is being finalized and should be ready about the next 2 weeks. Banshee is part of Fast Lane + and will be priced according like last year with higher tier pricing on weekends. Just remember that Fast Lane allows you to by pass the regular queue lines and you may have a small wait as to when you can actually ride. Ride ops should allow some Fast Lane riders first then allow the regular queue line go next. KI hopefully designed the Banshee queue line like Gatekeeper at Cedar Point so you enter the line at the most difficult point, left or right side. Either way if you have fun on the 4th of July weekend and remember it's free admission for armed forces and it's on a friday so the park is sure to be overloaded and Fast Lane passes went up after Father's Day last year so get them while they are at the lowest price of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

• 2 weeks later...

^^ Interestingly enough, the "thrill rides" section of the website still shows Beast and Firehawk as the Plus attractions and Banshee isn't labelled as a Plus.

Also, on another note, CW seems to have departed from CF's "2 attraction on Plus" model... As of right now CW has "3" attractions on Plus. Leviathan and Behemoth as well as WMG during July and August in the mornings.

• Like 3