Which kids area would you prefer at KI?

italianchef

I rather Hanna Barbera for nostalgia sake but Six Flags got their meathooks on them.

Sesame Street already grace the SeaWorld parks...

Nickelodeon....I tried to watch that station recently and it is unrecognizable

Planet Snoopy is just fine. :)

Edited to add: Nintendo would be interesting...

• Like 3

I know this is is a topic to have a discussion about our kids area at KI, but we are thinking in the eyes of teenagers and adults. My kids went though the transition from Nick to Snoopy and not a peep from the change. As long as they got to see some sort of character, get a hug, then be able to ride the rides to keep them occupied they are happy!

Would they be more excited to see Yoshi or Mario on the midway, of course. Would it ruin their day if they didn't, absolutely not.

• Like 3

As you can see by my avatar, I am very bias towards Snoopy.

Therefore I vote for Planet Snoopy.

Also, I think that Nickelodeon Universe would not work because Nickelodeon is constantly changing it's shows. Plus, they don't show many cartoons anymore like they used to. Snoopy/The Peanuts gang are seen more often, and I think when little kids see Snoopy and the Peanuts gang at Kings Island, when they see Snoopy/The Peanuts gang they would think, "Kings Island!"

• Like 3

My vote is 100% with Scooby Doo and Hanna Barbera Land - the Jetsons, the Flintstones, Yogi Bear, etc. SpongeBob and Nickelodeon would be my second choice. Snoopy and the gang would not make it to my top 5 or top 10 choices. The cartoon was just not that interesting. I'd rather see H-B, Nick, Disney, PBS, Nintendo, Bugs Bunny, or so many other kids themes for my kids and I to interact with.

• Like 3

It was Hanna Barbara when I was a kid and I remember riding all the rides there with it. Smurfs boat ride and always sat in the Jabberjaw seat one the carousel. Then changed to Nick when I was a ten but watched most of the cartoons anyway so liked it as well, but did miss some of the nostalgia. So I'm kind of biased to those two. But they aren't really that identifiable anymore for the people going there.

Peanuts works since it's something everyone knows and will for a long time so appeals to kids and adults. But given the choice I'd take Looney Tunes over them. They are fun and can be a bit more vibrant and dynamic in the area. And they have that same universal timeless quality that Peanuts has as well. Everyone knows those characters

As much as I loved Hanna Barbera Land, the current set up is nice and open, colorful, and bright. Its also much more friendly to foot traffic to accommodate guests going to Diamondback and Beast in the morning than its earlier configurations.

As for what theme, as long as its making its target demographic happy, I'm perfectly fine with whatever Kings Island decides to do with the kids area.

• Like 3