Which haunted house do you prefer?

italianchef

Unfortunately, I was never able to experience Phantom Theater. I grew up around Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle. Seeing how they just kept everything the same, but ripped out everything that had to do with Scooby Doo makes me very sad to ride Boo Blasters. Without Scooby, I feel it would be better if they just completely gutted the building and came up with a new, completely original attraction that is unique to Kings Island.

• Like 6

The quality has just gone down with every change. Boo Blasters is very poor, Scooby Doo was a minor step up from it.

Phantom Theatre though was great. It was definitely a higher quality with lots of animatronics and tricks to it, good full scenes as well. Everything now is fairly static and mostly cardboard cut outs.

• Like 3

Since I am a big Scooby Doo fan, I voted for Scooby Doo because it was a really interesting ride, a ride that that the whole family can enjoy. The Phantom Theatre was a really popular ride and it made a lot of people mad when it was replaced in 2003. I am glad that Boo Blasters did'nt get a single vote, because I perosnally think that the ride is lame. Throughout my 17 years of going to Kings Island, I would have to say that Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle will always be my favorite ride.

• Like 2

I'll be in my Doom Buggy if anyone needs me, I'm moving into this amazing place called The Haunted Mansion! :P

On a serious note, Phantom Theater, I detest new blaster doo-hickeys.

• Like 2

I agree with upstop a bit on the shooting rides, but it's more because they always seem so low budget to me. they tend to mostly be cutouts and flat scenes. If they made a good immersive one I wouldn't mind it as much. Plus with ours the guns are horrible. Half the time they don't work and you can't tell where you're shooting. I do prefer the traditional dark ride over the shooting ones still.

I would love to see us get a return of the Phantom Theatre or something like the Haunted Castle at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

• Like 2

I wish they would kind of ditch the shooting concept of it and change the ride to more of a story based ride like PT. BB has a bit of a story but feels a bit scattered to me.

Scooby Doo had a better story than BB, IMO.

Why are you comparing a waterpark to a haunted house?

Men in Black and Toy Story Midway Mania is about as immersive as shooters get.

Their theming makes the concept work. but I spend so much time aiming and shooting, that I couldn't tell you much about either ride. On Men in Black I like the fact that you can shoot the other car and make it spin out of control at the end. I could take an entire ride where you could do that. On Toy Story Midway Mania, you really don't travel that far and when you are shooting, you are stopped and concentrating on one set of targets, and it is, simply a shooting gallery.

What if you could have a dark ride, a Haunted Mansion type ride where, you would be given a choice to make and your decision determined the direction the car would go? Maybe a vehicle with set of twelve dash buttons (a, or b ) for up to six riders, and the vehicle would occasionally stop. A disembodied voice tells you a quick story and asks you to make an a or b decision. Majority rules with a computer tie breaker. Then the vehicle travels that direction. Of course there would need to be computer decisions to make sure cars are travelling to all areas. There could even be surprise elevator lifts and drops so that all areas are covered. This could make nearly every ride different.

• Like 1