Scooby Doo needs to make a comeback at Kings Island

yes, yes he did. I'll point out here, as Terpy did in that thread, that obtaining the rights to Scobby and the gang will be about as easy for KI/CF as it will be for me to win $1 Bill from Warren Buffett in his NCAA poll.

I'm a little more optimistic. In fact, I already have some guys working on my Mario Kart themed go-kart track at this very moment. Also, when I get my billion dollars from Mr. Buffett I'm going to fill up a swimming pool with 10 million dollars in pennies so I can dive into it like Scrooge McDuck.

• Like 4

When Scooby came to the park, he and the rest of Hanna-Barbera were owned by Taft Broadcasting. In the 90s, they were owned by Turner Broadcasting, and thus, currently, their characters are owned by AOL Time Warner.

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but check out Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated on Netflix. For one thing, it's the best Scooby Doo! show since Scooby Doo! Where Are You?, but more importantly, you'll notice the opening logo, the Warner Bros. shield, not the Hanna-Barbara logo. That's because any and all contemporary incarnations of these characters are now handled by Warner Bros. Animation.

So, you see, Scooby probably isn't coming back to Kings Island, and no amount of protesting or cynical jabs at other lovable characters who just happen to be there now will change a thing, because, in all likelihood, it's completely out of KI's hands.

• Like 4

I am 100% in agreement. Due to its historic ties to the park and its huge popularity, Scooby Doo should be returned to Kings Island. And seriously, do any of today's kids know or care who Snoopy is? My 10-year old son is furious that Scooby Doo has been replace by Snoopy, whom he refers to as "lamo...all he does is sit on his dog house." And I concur with my son. Bring back Scooby Doo and Hanna-Barbera Land.

That being said, KI is now part of the Cedar Fair family which has Snoopy in all of its other parks. Hence, for the sake of brand consistency, I do not foresee Scooby ever returning to Kings Island. :(

• Like 1