Wildfire Coaster New in Sweden for 2016 - "This can't possibly be real..."

Oh, many of us have. He can be charming, nice, fun to be with and a great guy. Then, for many, when he thinks you aren't within earshot, the personna you see on the forums comes out in full force. The pronoun you can equally refer to a friend, acquaintance, club member or park.

It is both somewhat amusing and very, very sad.

• Like 6

Alright, donate the $500 to the Scream for a Kid Again page and you don't have to be around him from now on.

I would be shocked and amazed if the "gentleman" in question and many of his minions were not at a Mason, Ohio park's Media Day. I'd say it is a near lead pipe certainty he, and they, will be.

I will certainly be there as a member of ClubTPR!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Kolmarden Announces Wildfire! The First RMC In Europe!

W0KoZMj.jpg

Stats:

Top speed: 113 km/h (70.2 MPH)
Track length: 1,300 metres (4,266 feet)
Height: 57 metres (187 feet)
First drop: 49 metres (160 feet) with an 83 degree angle
Inversions (travelling while upside down): 3
Air time moments (sensation of weightlessness): 12 times (4 with negative G)
Ride duration: 120 seconds
Capacity per hour: 960 people/hour
Seats per train: 24 people
Height restriction: 120 cm (47.2 in)
Build by: Rocky Mountain Construction
Designed by: Alan Schilke

uBxNqKb.jpg

Y3IlhdO.jpg

kN2SrHR.jpg

dYHDnTc.jpg

nKcXaya.jpg

• Like 11

Beautiful coaster. I love when designers use the terrain and keep as much of the natural beauty as possible, particularly with wooden coasters; it gives an organic feeling, that I just thoroughly enjoy. My husband and I are (and have been for a few months) in the early planning stages of a Norway & Sweden vacation, so a trip to Kolmarden may actually be in my future.

• Like 6

El Toro's reaction: "UH-OH." (This ride may very well be the one that kicks El Toro from atop the Mitch Hawker wood coaster poll, where El Toro has won the past 4 years in a row)

This ride looks incredible. If they can keep the scenery around the ride like that, it will make the ride so much better, as I know firsthand from what Beast @ Kings Island does. And this thing looks like Outlaw Run on steroids...Outlaw Run was solid enough already, but now this? Wow...

Wooden Coasters are so NOT dead anymore...in recent years, they have surged back into prominence.

• Like 3

That looks AWESOME!

That it does...part of me kinda wishes instead of "Coming to Kolmarden in 2016!" it was "Coming to Kings Island in 2016!"...though with Banshee making its debut in just 9 days, perhaps a RMC woodie like this would be a bit soon in 2016. Then again, SFGam got X-Flight in 2012 and Goliath this year...

Of course, this being a "woodie" (due to RMC's building methods and such that is debateable) it would instantly draw comparisons to a ride Kings Island wants us to forget, plus it's also a very large "woodie" so it would get compared even more and even have some guests confused even if it were in a completely different location...the reason this would be an issue:

In McSalsa's Imaginary World where this ride was coming to Kings Island in 2016:

GP Guest 1: Hey! Let's go ride that big wooden coaster over there behind Racer. (In my imagination, 2014 is last year for Dinosaurs Alive! and this opens on that spot so it can use the woods and stuff)

GP Guest 2: No, let's not. I heard it crashed and killed 27 people.

GP Guest 1: Wasn't that Son of Beast?

GP Guest 2: Yeah, they just changed the name.

McSalsa (who has been standing nearby for last few mins): Uhh, this is a brand-new ride that has nothing to do with Son of Beast...and Son of Beast was over in Action Zone where Banshee is now. This ride's in Coney Mall, on the OPPOSITE end of the park.

GP Guest 2: So they moved Son of Beast and re-named it?

McSalsa: No, they DESTROYED Son of Beast and then built Banshee, then they built this over here. It's 100% new and from a far better company than what SOB was from.

GP Guest 2: You're just making this up.

McSalsa: (Facepalm) Fine, not dealing with you...I'm going to go ride the new wood coaster. I hear the line's only 40 minutes today.

GP Guest 1: If you die, can I have your PS3?

McSalsa: I doubt I'll die...wait...HOW DO YOU KNOW I HAVE A PS3!?!? I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU!!!

GP Guests: Uhh...

(GP dudes run away)

McSalsa: Ugh...

• Like 6

A lot of hate for Mr. Alvey in this thread... I just have to respect the man to some degree, I mean he brought us this:

aladdin.jpg

Without which, my childhood would have been missing at least 100 extremely fond memories. I would like to meet him at least briefly, if for no other reason than the "meeting a celebrity" factor.

(For those who don't know, Robb Alvey is/was a video game producer in addition to founder of TPR)

All that said, I really want to make a Robb Alvey soundboard just for the lols. Obviously, it would hit number one on the App Store :P

• Like 3