Predicted Weather for Kings Island Opening day?

kingsislandfan1972

I'm predicting either cold and rainy or hot and sunny. Maybe somewhere in between, like warm and mild with a slight breeze. Could even be some snow. For April in Ohio it could be any one of these scenarios, so pick your favorite one and keep your fingers crossed!

• Like 11

I will most likely be there as well, rain or shine!

However, it is still to early to tell what the weather will be like 20 plus days away. The predictions are made based on last year around the same time. They are also just predictions.

www.weather.com is a great tool when planning a theme park trip.

• Like 1

Right now the super inaccurate super early prediction from Accuweather.com is 67 and rain for Media Day and 68 and "a little morning rain" on opening day. I will be there both days, rain or shine :) I've been to cold rainy opening days before. They aren't much fun but make for very light crowds and super short lines for when it finally stops raining and rides open!

• Like 4

Today is today, tomorrow is tomorrow, and so on and so forth. It has snowed in April before, the same for March, the season has seen this before, and therefore it will be appropriate for the Cincinnati "Bi-polar weather" that we call natural.

No one knows truly where this wind will go, but hey, let's go follow it for a little while and see where it goes!

-BB1

• Like 2

^ The weather today is not appropriate for late March.

I went down and did some go-karting this afternoon. Temperature was in the mid-30s. After letting my car sit in the sun for an hour and a half, it got so hot inside that on the subsequent drive to Panda Express, I was sweating despite having removed my coat and rolled my sleeves up.

In summary, I would say that the weather is confused. :P

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

• Like 1

The strong March sun made it feel a lot nicer than low 30s in the winter. Unfortunately, it couldn't do much to increase the air temperature.

^^^ & ^^^^^ Did you two get the March e-mail from the karting place? This month, you can buy one pack of races and split them to save money.

• Like 2

Yeah, I can't seem to break out of the 31s. I'm thinking about looking into a private lesson later in the summer if my times stay there.

malem, I got that email, but it's for annual members only. I do have a membership, but I don't think Devan does.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

Yeah I'm a member, and yeah I split a race pack with a friend, we bought 10 races, only cost me a little over 60 I think, great deal.

I'll probably go back here next check to do the exact same thing. If not even buying 120 worth of races and just sitting them down on the account is great.

But mid/low 29s on the profile..need to break 29

• Like 1

If you check the history of Good Friday in the Cincinnati area, it will rain sometime during the day. It might be sunshine to start but clouds will roll in and then the rain will come, it is a given on Good Friday. Walking the steps at the Holy Cross Immaculata it has always rained sometime during the day. Sorry don't mean to be a negative Nancy but I still will be there enjoying the day !

• Like 1

Yup..why I'd buy the race pack and cash them in on my account :)

Let em just sit there..They had no problem just putting the last race back on my account, I didn't have to register it like it said

Yeah, I bought a three-race pack yesterday and only used one. The other two are sitting there ready for whenever I decide to go back.

Just for fun, here are observations from ten years of Cincinnati weather on April 18. Let's hope this trend continues!

• 2013: Hi 81° Lo 61° (dry)
  • 2012: Hi 69° Lo 44° (dry)
  • 2011: Hi 74° Lo 50° (trace rain)
  • 2010: Hi 61° Lo 35° (dry)
  • 2009: Hi 75° Lo 43° (dry)
  • 2008: Hi 75° Lo 48° (dry)
  • 2007: Hi 63° Lo 47° (0.02" rain)
  • 2006: Hi 71° Lo 45° (dry)
  • 2005: Hi 79° Lo 51° (dry)
  • 2004: Hi 81° Lo 58° (dry)
  • Like 6