Predicted Weather for Kings Island Opening day?

kingsislandfan1972

81? What is that?

Something we haven't seen for 171 long days.

The record low for Cincinnati on April 18 is 18°F, and the record snowfall is 3.3". Everyone should be very glad that ohiocolts already has the day off from school.

You got that right Matt! B)

• Like 1

I can pull a more accurate forecast outta my ***. I predict temperatures between 15°F and 90°F, with between 0% and 100% cloud cover and between 0.00" and 8.00" of precipitation, and winds from calm to 70 mph out of a heading between 0° and 359°.

:)

• Like 5

81? What is that?

Something we haven't seen for 171 long days.

The record low for Cincinnati on April 18 is 18°F, and the record snowfall is 3.3". Everyone should be very glad that ohiocolts already has the day off from school.

Then there's Media Day...

• Like 3

I've never been to an opening day for the park. Does a sort of ceremony usually occur prior to opening? Ribbon cutting or something, or do they just start letting people in?
And will an hour and a half be plenty of time to get to the park in time to be one of the first ERT guests? If anyone was at Diamondback opening day.

And will an hour and a half be plenty of time to get to the park in time to be one of the first ERT guests? If anyone was at Diamondback opening day.

Plan to wake up VERY early if you want to be one of the first. I wasn't there on Diamondback's opening day, but from what I've heard, traffic was backed up out onto I-71 in both directions by 6:00 AM.

• Like 2

Plan to wake up VERY early if you want to be one of the first. I wasn't there on Diamondback's opening day, but from what I've heard, traffic was backed up out onto I-71 in both directions by 6:00 AM.

I don't necessarily need to be first, I just meant to be in line before 12:00. So that my wait will be much shorter than the regular pass/ ticketed guests. Not that I'm not a regular person.

• Like 1

If you check the history of Good Friday in the Cincinnati area, it will rain sometime during the day. It might be sunshine to start but clouds will roll in and then the rain will come, it is a given on Good Friday. Walking the steps at the Holy Cross Immaculata it has always rained sometime during the day. Sorry don't mean to be a negative Nancy but I still will be there enjoying the day !

I don't have any data to back this up, but I'm in your corner, I think it rains about 80% (or more) at some point in the day when Good Friday comes around. IIRC, either last year or the year before was a rather nice Good Friday, I was shocked there was no rain.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been to an opening day for the park. Does a sort of ceremony usually occur prior to opening? Ribbon cutting or something, or do they just start letting people in?

I was there for DB opening and the ERT Line went out into Nick U at the time even when I got in line. When the parked opened to the GP, the line went though Nick U, Back to ET, around by BLSC, and stopped close to The Beast's entrance! It was insane.

I personally do not see that issue next Friday being that it is a school and work day for most people. Now next Saturday on the other hand, oh my!

• Like 3

I was there for DB opening and the ERT Line went out into Nick U at the time even when I got in line. When the parked opened to the GP, the line went though Nick U, Back to ET, around by BLSC, and stopped close to The Beast's entrance! It was insane.

I personally do not see that issue next Friday being that it is a school and work day for most people. Now next Saturday on the other hand, oh my!

Most schools in the Cincinnati area are off for Good Friday. This is going to be a crazy opening day. You should check out TombraiderTy YouTube video on Diamondback opening day. He shot it from the Eiffel Tower and you can see how long the line was to ride Diamondback that 1st day.

This is what to expect opening weekend at Banshee!

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

• Like 3

To be honest, I don't think it could be any worse than opening day for Diamondback. Usually opening days happen on a Saturday, this year it's on a Friday and one that is also a religious holiday. Some people are saying "most schools are off Good Friday" which is true, but most schools is not "all" schools. Whereas on a Saturday all schools are off (unless you're in Saturday school or something). So I feel like worst case scenario would be crowds equal to 2009 opening day, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for slightly lower crowds considering the Friday opening.

• Like 2

Plus you have to take into account the businesses that aren't closed on Fridays. The place where I work doesn't close for Good Friday (they hardly close for anything, but that's beside the point), and I'm sure there are other places around the area that don't either. I'm lucky enough that I have some vacation days saved up so I will be taking that day off. However, others might not be as lucky. So again, I'm hoping that this will lighten the crowds slightly even for just the first part of the day.

• Like 3

You can def tell that the sun is getting closer to us. The sun is getting warm. :)

Actually, the opposite is true. In the Northern Hemisphere, the Earth is closest to the sun in Jan, but the tilt of the Earth's axis causes the sun's rays to mostly reflect off the surface here in the Northern Hemisphere and back out into space. In summer, the Earth's axis is tilted backwards in the Northern Hemisphere, thus allowing for most of the sun's rays to directly hit the surface, causing warmer temps.

Gabe, who is no Neil DeGrasse Tyson, but who is enjoying the reboot of Cosmos.

• Like 2

From my Accuweather(It said it was snowing when it was 50 degrees mind you) said that it will be raining that day. I actually would prefer to have rain on Opening Day, it would keep the crowds away, and keep me riding my Banshee & Beast 100 times over.

• Like 1

I've seen several different forecasts for Media Day and I'm taking all of them with a grain of salt. Things change.

One item worth mentioning is that I saw a model for next Monday and it's calling for 6-10'' of snow- also taking that with a grain of salt.

However there is none due to this brutal winter...

• Like 1