2014 KI Gay Pride Night

Cody

:When:
Friday September 5th 2014

:Tickets:

Will become available in July

*Season passes will NOT grant you entry for this event, you will need to purchase a Pride Night ticket*

You will be able to buy tickets at the front gate the day of the event($45)
Online tickets are $40
Group prices are available!

:Private event:
Closed to the general public(All ages are welcome but Snoopy part of KI & Water Park & Dinosaurs Alive will be closed)

:General Info & FAQ:

*Parking is free
*Event time is 6pm-12am (gates open at 5pm)

to be added later

:Briefing:

*Any post that reflect a negative outlook or response for this event or towards homosexuals, will be removed*
*Simple if you don't like what I'm posting, don't reply*
*Do not threaten to protest this event, this event is held on private property and KI holds the right to refuse entry and to remove trespassers on KI grounds*
*This event is a unique night of fun, rides and entertainment*
*KI does not host this event! This event is hosted by Cincy GLBT Center and takes place at KI*

:Links:

to be added later

went ahead and posted this so some of you can begin planning. WIll be adding more info as the season goes on. If you have any questions I can try my best to answer them with the current information I have.

• Like 11

I thought the gay days or pride night was done during the normal operating schedule. Did it use to be that way and change or did I just not pay attention close enough?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question as I really don't know.

• Like 2

As soon as my boyfriend heard about Pride Night at the park, he started begging me to go. He thinks it'll be good for me. (I'm struggling to accept my sexuality.) Do y'all have any tips for a first timer?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

It is like any regular day at the park plus 100 times better...lol

You do not have to participate in anything you do not wish to. Just go enjoy the park. You will get a LOT of rides in that 6 hour time frame.

• Like 7

Any chance of them finding a cure with the money that is raised?

I owe you an apology, and I am truly sorry. I admit, I've had a rough time since starting the coming out process, and thought intolerance. I spent four months trying to "cure" or "fix" myself, so my mind automatically jumped to conclusions.

• Like 7

I once rode by a gay couple on Drop Tower. The rest of my friends were to scared so I went by myself(there was no line.) So I got seated next to a gay couple. They were super funny and amusing. I totally forgot I was riding by myself. That encourages me to go and visit Gay Pride Night to learn more about it. Maybe I'll even see them there! Hahaha

• Like 6

Gay Pride day is excellent at either park, one of the most fun days in the park..

I'll never forget seeing drags exit the womens restroom at CP..The puzzled faces..beatiful..

In 2010 it was somewhat..awkward for straight families & stuff, you could see it. Last year was fantastic, didn't really see any of it. It's fantastic to see progress.

• Like 4

Any chance of them finding a cure with the money that is raised?

I owe you an apology, and I am truly sorry. I admit, I've had a rough time since starting the coming out process, and thought intolerance. I spent four months trying to "cure" or "fix" myself, so my mind automatically jumped to conclusions.

It is alright m8, no harm done, I am anything butt intolerant.

Nope...gay day is on father's day

Although rather convenient, since it rhymes and all, can we please refrain from reffering to this, or similar events as "gay day".

• Like 3

Aight time for answers

CP Gay Day is unofficial and is indeed on farthers day and is during public operation(though I'm actually thinking about making a committee and making a pride night for CP)

KI pride night USE to be unofficial and during public operation, this was changed many years back and is now held as a private event on a bought out day in September.

If this is your first time visiting KI Pride Night, it is a very nice night to go, you'll meet wonderful people, wait times are nearly non-existant, you don't have to worry about being judged for being openly gay since the park is closed to the general public.

Yes anyone can attend, all you have to do is purchase a Pride Night Ticket, season pass nor a regular ticket will gain you entry to the event.

The ticket sales go to the Cincy GLBT center and from there covers the costs of next year Pride night + center costs

KI will REMOVE protesters and people looking to ruin our night. We haven't had much trouble except for 1 year when a group of people from a church gained entry to the park and were handing out pamphlets(which is actually against KI rules) and they were ejected from the park in a timely matter.

List of things that go on Pride Night that don't go on Normal operating days.

Drag queen show in the festhaus

Music blasted throughout the park on all speakers(usually a DJ does this, its usually techno gay club mixes)

Eiffel Tower lit up in rainbow.

Water Park & Kids Area & Dinosaurs Alive are closed

The park is open til midnight(I'm making a suggestion to extend this to 2am)

Karaoke in the festhaus(this has happened off n on from year to year)

Rainbow Flags everywhere

Openly display about your sexual orientation without the fear of being ridiculed

Drag queens riding rollercoasters

• Like 10

With the recent passing of Fred Phelps, perhaps said church will fade into the dustbin of history along with other hate groups. Anyone who would protest at an event such as this (or at a military funeral), has bigger issues.

• Like 3

correct me if I'm wrong, but back in the Paramount days when the organization planned the event during the regular season the park did receive some complaints (I don't know how many or the nature)- but, it was in part because a sizeable group would choose to converge during a regular season day and add to already long lines. If not mistaken, moving it to its own day solved numerous issues:

• if offended, don't show up.
  • group size didn't add to long lines
  • able to be fashioned as a fund raiser, whereas during the regular season was difficult to separate.
  • Like 1

I cannot wait to attend this again this year! I had a blast last year going for my first time. It was nice to be able to walk around the park with my girl without fear of being judged. I honestly could care less anyways what people think, but I will say that the atmosphere was totally different and far more relaxed, open and fun than any other time I have been at the park. Plus I absolutely loved the short lines and being able to grab two night rides on The Beast! I feel like this will be a great opportunity to grab a bunch of rides on Banshee too.

• Like 7

I don't see a straight day.

They don't have one per-se- it's generally assumed to be most days in June, July and August.

They have this day because they rented the park out for the event. As I understand though, so long as you buy a ticket and not interrupt activities with your own "agenda"- you're able to come. I've never been (i have a SP, so no reason to feel like I should pay for a ticket on any "special" event day: GLBT, P&G, GE, etc...).

Jokingly, I "get" your comment though. I'm waiting for someone to sponsor the "White-Hetero-Male-age-18-to-49" Day! It will be flannel and jeans everywhere. Everyone else get's their day, right?

I don't see a straight day.

They don't have one per-se- it's generally assumed to be most days in June, July and August.

They have this day because they rented the park out for the event. As I understand though, so long as you buy a ticket and not interrupt activities with your own "agenda"- you're able to come. I've never been (i have a SP, so no reason to feel like I should pay for a ticket on any "special" event day: GLBT, P&G, GE, etc...).

Jokingly, I "get" your comment though. I'm waiting for someone to sponsor the "White-Hetero-Male-age-18-to-49" Day! It will be flannel and jeans everywhere. Everyone else get's their day, right?

They're was once a whole night for recent area High School Graduates, didn't work out well but it worked out in a way expected.

• Like 3