2014 KI Gay Pride Night

Cody

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Only a week away now starting to get excited. This trip is becoming a tradition now. Had 5 going this year from East Tennessee now down to the original 3. Staying at the Kings Island Resort that evening then heading up to Sandusky Saturday and Cedar Point on Sunday (sadly private events ruined CP Saturday). So I would like to pose a question anyone else here going up to Cedar Point that weekend? If so anyone interested in pulling together funds and stay at Kalahari, losing the 2 other members of the trip staying there has become a bit unfeasible cost wise. Laid back crew here message me if it might be something you're interested in.

• Like 2

What really bothers me is why do people have to hate/bash another person for being different? So what a guy like/loves a guy or a girl likes/loves a girl! Why must some people be so aggressive and negative to someone that is gay, bisexual, or transsexual? Next thing is why is marriage of the same gender such a terrible thing too!? why not let two people be happy together? Why do parents kick out their "sinful" children for liking the same sex? If you ask me, it's all stupid and pointless! Let people be happy! That's all they want too! How would you like it if I came up to you and started preaching to you and saying your going to hell, just because your with the person you love or you are being your true self?

If you ask me, it should be an amendment, to allow anyone to marry the same sex in all 50 states in the USA! Also I think their should be laws against getting rid of your child because of who they like!

• Like 5

^As many states who passed amendments banning gay marriage are now finding out those protections are already there. I feel like the states that passed the ban have done more to progress the fight for the equality they intended to withhold. It's time is near but one or possibly two more elections could damage the strides made in recent years.

• Like 3

If so anyone interested in pulling together funds and stay at Kalahari, losing the 2 other members of the trip staying there has become a bit unfeasible cost wise. Laid back crew here message me if it might be something you're interested in.

LivingSocial has a voucher to make it relatively cheap, but Saturday night is sold out. I bought a voucher for Friday night, but that wouldn't be very helpful for your trip.

You could keep reloading the page to see if more Saturday night vouchers become available. See my post in the HalloWeekends meetup thread: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/30088-cp-halloweekendskalahari-meetup/

• Like 1

Been checking Living Social and Groupon quite often the past couple months if I could change my dates it would be great. So now looking at plan b and possibly even c. So I pose this, anyone here stay at Maui Sands and is the water park worth the extra money? That or would be staying in Port Clinton and ferrying over to Put In Bay for about 4.5 hours worth the extra drive to Cedar Point in the morning? What would you all do?

• Like 1

I'm a Christian. A Baptist Christian. I do not agree with Gays, Lesbians or their life style. I do not hate you. I won't preach at you and condemn you to Hell. Many people give Christianity a black eye and sadly it's mostly us Christians ( Westboro Baptist Chruch anyone?) God gives us choice. Life is a choice. One thing I have learned is that you HAVE to love the person and Hate the sin. I hope you all have fun ! Enjoy it ! Life is too short to hate someone. That's just my 2 cents.

• Like 3

You know, I usually keep my mouth shut on these matters, but in this case I simply cannot. I read far too many comments like the ones posted above and I just need to say something.

There is no "gay" life style.

I do not drink "gay" coffee.

I do not eat "gay" food.

I do not take a "gay" shower.

I do not go to "gay" work.

Etc Etc

I just wish people would stop saying "gay lifestyle". I don't do anything differently than anyone else when it comes to living my life. I do everything like anyone else as far as trying to live my life and survive in this world, which isn't done in some special "gay" manner as many like to think. Life is life, save "style" for clothes and hair please.

Also, even though you may not hate anyone, you going out of your way to say you don't hate the LGBT community makes you come off sounding entitled. My love is not a sin. I am in a committed relationship of almost four years now and have been faithful to her and I truly LOVE her.

I didn't wake up and decide to be a lesbian. Just like you didn't wake up and decide to be straight. I just made the choice to be happy and be myself...because you're right...life is too short to hate anyone or give them grief for who they love. It's this exact mentality of saying "love the sinner, hate the sin"...that perpetuates the religious community as better than anyone who so happens to seem different than themselves. And the only time one ever seems to hear that overused quote is toward the LGBT community.

Anyways, that is all. No one has to agree with me and I'm not asking for pats on the back.

• Like 20

Screaming... DJ- that's why these discussions in general are frowned upon in these forums. There's no happy ending and it causes a negative tone on an otherwise benign Park site. If there is a thread with a discussion I have a strong opinion on that some hold dearly... I avoid it. This is one of those topics that, for this site, all should agree to disagree- and for the most part, leave it at that. There is a time and place for this debate, KI Central is likely not that place.

• Like 9

I'm a Christian. A Baptist Christian. I do not agree with Gays, Lesbians or their life style. I do not hate you. I won't preach at you and condemn you to Hell. Many people give Christianity a black eye and sadly it's mostly us Christians ( Westboro Baptist Chruch anyone?) God gives us choice. Life is a choice. One thing I have learned is that you HAVE to love the person and Hate the sin. I hope you all have fun ! Enjoy it ! Life is too short to hate someone. That's just my 2 cents.

DJSkyFoxx You took the words out of my mouth.

What bothers me is that the Screaming_Chicken had underlined two words: Have and Hate. Whether intentional or not, it sends the wrong message.

This whole thing brings me to a weird point because I'm a practicing Christian and I'm gay. No where in the Bible has God said "you HAVE to love the person and HATE the sin." This phrase has been used numerous times and it's just not biblical. It's a man made phrase that people use to feel better about how they treat those who may not go through life like some Christians believe they should.

The Huffington Post in 2013 published an entry that summed the whole phrase up: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/micah-j-murray/why-i-cant-say-love-the-sinner-hate-the-sin-anymore_b_4521519.html

The fact of the matter is, those of us in the LGBTQ community don't really need anyone's approval to be who we are, we don't need anyone to say hey I love you but I hate your lifestyle, etc. We just need to be treated like we're just as Human as everyone else.

/Rant

I am so upset that I can't attend this event. I unfortunately have to work very early the next morning. To those going, have a ton of fun, take pictures and please ride Banshee for me :)

• Like 11