Halloween Horror Nights (Orlando, Hollywood, Japan)

I might be going to HHN Orlando this year, but that is unknown at this time...

I think the biggest impact will be what kind of houses they have this year.

They need to use their own movies as houses, drop the Walking Dead stuff (I love Walking Dead, just it's not that scary for me.) and in conjunction with using their own movies, use some stuff they make up themselves. The only thing I would like to see them do that isn't their own thing, would be The Last of Us haunted house.

Last year was good, but still below my expectations of Universal's previous Halloween events.

• Like 2

I might be going to HHN Orlando this year, but that is unknown at this time...

I think the biggest impact will be what kind of houses they have this year.

They need to use their own movies as houses, drop the Walking Dead stuff (I love Walking Dead, just it's not that scary for me.) and in conjunction with using their own movies, use some stuff they make up themselves. The only thing I would like to see them do that isn't their own thing, would be The Last of Us haunted house.

Last year was good, but still below my expectations of Universal's previous Halloween events.

Cool! Looks like Scare-Zones might be returning & possibly an icon (Most likely the return of Jack)! As for WD, I think there's a 50% chance it will return, but hopefully the rumors about American Horror Story are true & that it will take the place of WD. Some Youtube HHN Insiders say there'll be possibly 3 or 4 ips this year. But who knows

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

They need some new blood in the creativity department....wonder if they are hiring?

I missed the one year that they had a maze called "Blinding Darkness". I hear that it was incredible. The concept was you had a group (I'm sure the "group" was a congo line...lol) and the lead of the group had a flashlight. As the group negotiated the dark maze, the lightning flashes would occur giving the group brief flashes of what they were walking through. Therefore most of what was being experienced was what was being heard combined with flashes of what was being seen.

• Like 2

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/06/09/halloween-horror-nights-walking-dead-universal/10220147/

Why?! I think 2 years is enough, but 3?! Can anyone say over used?!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

From a guest satisfaction point of view, it's consistently been one of the highest in the history of HHN....also a very strong revenue driver for merchandise. Walking Dead is not the theme of the event, just a house.....a very large house!

- Todd

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a compiled list of all the attractions thus far announced for Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights:

Houses:

-The Walking Dead: The End of the Line

-From Dusk Till Dawn

-Halloween (not officially announced by Universal, but announced by Halloween)

-Alien vs. Perdator

Scare Zones:

-Face Off

-The Purge Anarchy

• Like 1

I learned over the years that you go on nights with 2:00 am close and pay the price. They cut the staff back on 12:00 am nights and it's just not as good. I have never been to HHN without the Express Pass and will never go without one.

I also learned that the price can be too low like Phantom Fright Nights. You can go to Phantom Fright Nights and stand in line all night for one attraction for only 28 dollars.

• Like 2

Here's a compiled list of all the attractions thus far announced for Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights:

Houses:

-The Walking Dead: The End of the Line

-From Dusk Till Dawn

-Halloween (not officially announced by Universal, but announced by Halloween)

-Alien vs. Perdator

Scare Zones:

-Face Off

-The Purge Anarchy

Now Dracula Untold, that leaves 3 more houses. Let's hope they're original (doubt it. Possibly 1 original this year) Can't wait to see the rest of the "Street Experiences" & as for the shows, no brainers (Bill & Ted and Rocky Horror)

Over the past 3 years HHN Orlando has just gone down hill. I have had just high expectations for them since I began following them in 2006. Seems like Singapore is turning into Orlando while Orlando's turning into Hollywood. Kind of sad if you ask me :\

I miss the extensive build up with the website countdowns and mystery.

Until the zombies took over, they had a seasonal icon that had it's own house.

Those were the best seasons. I think the last one to have their own house/zone was Bloody Mary, and that was the year they brought in New Line Cinema horror movies. Been going downhill ever since, I've heard.

The house are always phenomenal, just starting to get lax on the theming.

• Like 1

I miss the extensive build up with the website countdowns and mystery.

Until the zombies took over, they had a seasonal icon that had it's own house.

Those were the best seasons. I think the last one to have their own house/zone was Bloody Mary, and that was the year they brought in New Line Cinema horror movies. Been going downhill ever since, I've heard.

The house are always phenomenal, just starting to get lax on the theming.

And speaking of the website, last night I was selected to do one of the surveys of the site. Like you I'm displeased with how the site looks now compared to how it looked from 21 & below. Also they mentioned the houses...sy3ebumy.jpg

They also asked how I felt about TWD being used lately. All I can say is, it looks like HHN Orlando may not be returning to its roots :(

BUT a few weeks ago on Twitter Mike did say they may pay tribute next year (25th anniversary) to the past. *fingers crossed!*

https://twitter.com/horrornightsorl/status/491801597819641856

• Like 2

& there's this year's line up, kind of sad if you ask me

:(

Houses:

The Walking Dead

From Dusk Till Dawn

AVP

Dracula Untold

Roanoke: Cannibal Colony

Giggles & Gore Inc.

Dollhouse of the...

Halloween

No 3D house or legend house as they said the would continue :(

• Like 1

I think next year will be good... I think for HHN 25 (next year) they will go back to some older houses and maybe have an overall icon again... Sure it's always about making money but HHN 22-24 feels like, "lets do the popular things right now, and make even more off of it!" I have high hopes for HHN 25. Please UOR, DON'T SMASH THEM! If their is Walking Dead for HHN 25 (love the show just like I said doesn't scare me much), I will loose even more hope in HHN, which isn't much anymore. This year, if i'm not mistaken, The Walking Dead is their biggest house ever...

• Like 1

I was thinking the same exact thing! Mike did say on Twitter that they will revisit the past, if they go all out next year, I'll totally make my way down there to see it! But this IP stuff ain't cutting it (for me at least) If they do any IPs next year, I hope that they collaborate more with Face Off, they could do a lot with the talent the people on show have!

• Like 1

Houses:

The Walking Dead

From Dust Till Dawn

AVP

Dracula Untold

Giggles & Gore Inc.

Dollhouse of the...

Halloween

The whole dollhouse themed haunted house thing is getting old if you ask me :\ hope KI doesn't get one any time soon

^^^

Yes! Totally agree, this year's line up (to me personally) is pathetic. I know they can & could do better

Scare Zones "Street Experiences":

MASKraid: Unstitched

Bayou of Blood

Face Off

The Purge Anarchy

Shows:

Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

Rocky Horror Picture Show: A Tribute

Again not pleased with this year (but I do like Face Off! If only it was both a scare zone & house)

Holy quintuple post, batman.

• Like 3

Houses:

The Walking Dead

From Dust Till Dawn

AVP

Dracula Untold

Giggles & Gore Inc.

Dollhouse of the...

Halloween

The whole dollhouse themed haunted house thing is getting old if you ask me :\ hope KI doesn't get one any time soon

^^^

Yes! Totally agree, this year's line up (to me personally) is pathetic. I know they can & could do better

Scare Zones "Street Experiences":

MASKraid: Unstitched

Bayou of Blood

Face Off

The Purge Anarchy

Shows:

Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

Rocky Horror Picture Show: A Tribute

Again not pleased with this year (but I do like Face Off! If only it was both a scare zone & house)

Holy quintuple post, batman.
Had to spread out my thoughts & statements ;)