Spring break 2014

LoraX

Ok. I will post several posts before this is done. I can say we have had a lot of fun and not broke the bank.

Thursday we had a down day. It was honestly much needed. We usually run so much we neglect our need to have a rest day.

y6u3a5uv.jpg

We watched most of season one of Pretty Little Liars while we have been off. After rewatching it, we both have picked up a few different possibilities of who "A" is.

We went to a friends cupcake cafe, followed by going to a couple of thrift stores. Found my Easter dress, a few pairs of cargo type pants/shorts and a couple other items and did not spend $20. I love great deals!

We stopped and visited a friend we had not seen in quite a while. I then had very encouraging call with a other friend. It's wonderful when you can talk to people and it lifts your spirits. I hope I can be that person for others.

Friday we headed to Columbus, Indiana and had lunch at Zakarahos.

hane8eza.jpg

gy4yzare.jpg

We met up with SixxiNixx99 and his daughter (and Mason, he's not due to arrive until the summer.) Not sure why I did not get pics of Marshall and Tressa. However, Tressa is the cutest girl. She's so tiny and sweet.

Katie and I split a cheeseburger and French fries, we each got REAL fountain drinks, mine was a cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper and she got a blue raspberry soda.

y4e7adyr.jpg

Mee then split an amazingly wonderful brownie sundae. Oh so delicious!

! a4ete4ar.jpg

Bill was $20.85 plus tip.

They have a museum on the other side of the restaurant.

qeza4e9a.jpg

I hope the pic looks okay because I used a panoramic shot.

atugy8a9.jpg

yregazez.jpg

9edutu4y.jpg

We followed up by a trip to Half Priced Books and Walmart to see my son. We also drove by the Ice Tree. Once a thing of beauty, I can say I am happy it's melting.

ygy9enym.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I will post more from today's trip. I might not get to this until tomorrow. It will end though with our final activity that we were able to record. It is once of the funniest things I have seen in a long time.

• Like 5

We left Saturday morning at 7:00a.m. To meet thedevariouseffects, beastie1980 and momofbeastie1980.

Our first stop was at Starbucks. It's a treat we only really do on trips.

Katie and her most current selfie. It's been a while.

ahezata7.jpg

Crossing the state line on a rainy morning.

3ugepupu.jpg

Just for the record, snow (sleety, cold gross stuff) followed us. I did not want it to follow me.

yryvavu9.jpg

egyvyqy2.jpg

This museum is really amazing and it's free. I was blown away by the amount of history is in one place and in the grand scheme of things, the progression of where technology of aeronautics began to present day, it's astounding. We spent the day and could easily go back to see more.

asupe9ys.jpg

I never realized how tiny the tires were on early planes. I guess they did not need to he huge, but expected more than bicycle sized ones (or slightly bigger).

ydunypaz.jpg

4/5 of us are female. We like the pretty colors.

3u8ete3u.jpg

e8etajyq.jpg

asununuj.jpg

• Like 8

The Holocaust / WWII

My grandpas fought in WWII so I've always been fascinated by this war.

usumage6.jpg

abyte5uh.jpg

eqape3u2.jpg

pa7uje5y.jpg

ehyjeqym.jpg

This looks like the size a toddler or youth would wear.

zapunahe.jpg

y3y9ubas.jpg

gesajygu.jpg

After hearing on this site about the Doolittle Raiders I looked forward to seeing the cups.

u3u9anyq.jpg

The video about this plane was amazing.

havepu9a.jpg

• Like 6

A volunteer so kindly "forced" the girls into the astronaut suit. She would not take no for an answer.

a5uty9u9.jpg

Katie

asuma9uj.jpg

Melissa

ryne7ahe.jpg

Of course, I am a child of the '80's and remember when MTV actually played music videos.

Katie crashing and burning during a simulation.

a3ega2y5.jpg

A few other pics:

I was happy to see the tribute to Bob Hope. I have always respected how much he did to entertain our troops for many years.

zagenuby.jpg

e6avadup.jpg

This was really cool. It's not a solid image, it's made up of over 100,000 small tiles.

vamujyzy.jpg

vynuryzu.jpg

I will be posting more pics, but they are from Katie's phone.

• Like 8

Katie and Melissa being trained for the flight simulator.

maqasy7e.jpg

Buckled in:

epazeqy3.jpg

That boy above said we cannot watch the video or take pics of the video. Was slightly bummed. He shut the door and makes the video full screen, tells a coworker, this will be good. He then allowed us to video the screen.

Katie is flying. Melissa is shooting or supposed to be.

• Like 7

Katie and Melissa being trained for the flight simulator.

(pic)

Buckled in:

(pic)

That boy above said we cannot watch the video or take pics of the video. Was slightly bummed. He shut the door and makes the video full screen, tells a coworker, this will be good. He then allowed us to video the screen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=YY9eNY5cROM

Katie is flying. Melissa is shooting or supposed to be.

Here's the video embedded for easier viewing:

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I need to hit the Air Force museum again sometime. When I was up there a few years ago, I didn't see the flight simulator things and missed the Presidential Hangar as well. It'll be nice when all of that is in the main part of the museum.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3