Diamondback Rumor

PKIVortex

*wakes up from long hibernation*

YAWWWWWNNNNN... what did I miss?

..huh? People are reminiscing? Yeah I miss those guys too. Those were the good ole' days. :)

I missed this place so I figured I'd pop in and put my two cents in a topic or two. Lol.

On the restraints rumor: If I were a betting man, I would say no restraints on opening day. But I would not be surprised to see them in the future. The seatbelts probably won't deter many people from coming through the gates and spending their nickels in the park. And it can only increase safety and help to avoid a tragedy like those at the six flag parks last year. Its a wise business decision imo.

I'm still not sure if I want them though. Depends if they're on my lap or the lapbar.

• Like 2

Seatbelts are present on Diamondback as of today. Per reports from another KICer, they are not the adjustable kind as you would see on Racer and Beast, but they are made of a stretchy elastic material. They go across the lap like on the woodies rather than clipping to the restraint like on FoF, Vortex, Banshee, Invertigo, etc.

Presumably, there is nothing more to discuss here, unless someone wants to post a picture. I know at least one KICer has a pic and has put it on Facebook, but I'm not going to be uploading somebody else's photo.

• Like 6

LoraX has a picture up in her trip report thread. I'll have to see how these affect the airtime. If it takes too much airtime away, Diamondback is going to suffer from a severe drop in my coaster rankings.

Edit: Just read the reports in the wait time thread. Airtime is apparently unaffected, at least for small riders like me. Yay! DB can feel safe remaining in my top 3.

• Like 2

Was at the park today (plan on doing a small/short TR tomorrow), and was disappointing with he seat belts but I can say, it had no effect on airtime!

I am so relieved to be hearing so many people say that airtime has not been affected. I love Diamondback and love the massive amounts of airtime. I simply don't think Diamondback would be so great like it is without the airtime.

Let me ask this: if the airtime is not ejector air (which feels like to me), then why are seat belts necessary? Even if the lap bar comes up I find it hard to believe a person could fall out of their seat in any of the turns/helices.

I find it so odd that after 5 years of operation seat belts are installed.

• Like 3

Was at the park today (plan on doing a small/short TR tomorrow), and was disappointing with he seat belts but I can say, it had no effect on airtime!

I am so relieved to be hearing so many people say that airtime has not been affected. I love Diamondback and love the massive amounts of airtime. I simply don't think Diamondback would be so great like it is without the airtime.

Let me ask this: if the airtime is not ejector air (which feels like to me), then why are seat belts necessary? Even if the lap bar comes up I find it hard to believe a person could fall out of their seat in any of the turns/helices.

I find it so odd that after 5 years of operation seat belts are installed.

I would simply chalk it up to a CYA move by those who are in charge. Better to be over the top safe now than have to shut the ride down during the summer season for two/three days, and, have to publicise WHY it is shut down.

This way, it is done, quietly, and the general public has no idea it even happened.

While I am not a fan, it really doesn't change the ride experience, other than the psychological. It will almost certainly have a small impact on capacity, even after most get used to it. There are always going to be new riders, twisted belts, crew stopping to fasten empty seats, etc. I understand the reasoning though, and it is what it is.

• Like 5

I love Diamondback. I was not happy about the possibility of the seatbelts. This rumor was the main reason we made a trip on Easter before they installed them. I was expecting them before the season started so I am happy I got a final ride before they were installed.

I think I have mentioned it, but I am okay with the seatbelts. I love the airtime on it. The seatbelts did not change the airtime at all they are really something you do not feel like it's restricting or confining you. I think I had it set in my head it would end up tightening up during the ride like what a car seatbelt does, but it does not do that at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I love Diamondback. I was not happy about the possibility of the seatbelts. This rumor was the main reason we made a trip on Easter before they installed them. I was expecting them before the season started so I am happy I got a final ride before they were installed.

Wish I could of said something similar in 2009... :(

• Like 1

Welcome to KIC.

Yep, that was in a bunch of the posts above yours. Take a spell to read a bit. And again, welcome.

Oh sorry, they didn't show up until now (the seatbelt posts). The last post was by you on April 21st at 7:12. Sorry I didn't say this earlier, but thanks sonofbeast2.0 and Terpy for the warm welcome to KIC. Edited by Banshee-Back-7
  • Like 3