Canada's Wonderland/Darien Lake Trip

I'll start out with the question that gets pounded into the ground every time anyone is going to a new park. I know, I know, it's impossible to predict crowds on any particular day, etc. But that's not what I'm asking. My question is much more simple and easier to answer. On Saturday May 17th (which is the second operating weekend) what are the odds that I would be unable to ride all of the major rides at Darien Lake due to high wait times? I'm guessing since it's early May and they aren't a huge park, it won't be a problem, but I know next to nothing about that park in general. I'm going there on a Saturday so I can go to Canada's Wonderland on Monday and Tuesday. I figure that riding everything on a weekend (without Fast Lane) would be much more difficult at CW than at Darien Lake, so that's how I scheduled my trip.

If anyone has any relevant info on either Darien Lake or Canada's Wonderland, I'd love to know it. Anything from which rides are the best night rides to what places offer the best food in each park. I do plan on taking a full day to travel from Buffalo to Toronto, and in that day, I should be able to enjoy Niagra Falls, as well as do a little exploring in both cities. I just hope that I don't witness any Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo. That would be horrible to watch.

• Like 2

I visited Canada's Wonderland (on a Saturday and Sunday), and one of the locals who visits the park about as much as i visit Cedar Point or Kings Island said pretty much every weekday there is dead.

EDIT: By my observation, the park does not close the rides in very heavy rain. I love riding coaster in the rain and i was able to repeatedly ride Leviathan and Behemoth in heavy rain without them closing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That particular Monday at Canada's Wonderland might be a bit crowded since it's a long weekend, but Tuesday should be much better (provided there aren't too many school groups there that day).

That particular Monday at Canada's Wonderland might be a bit crowded since it's a long weekend, but Tuesday should be much better (provided there aren't too many school groups there that day).

Oh, you make a good point. I didn't even think about the fact that Canada has different holidays. I could always push the trip back a day and spend Sunday at Darien Lake, Monday traveling, and then Tuesday and Wednesday at CW.

I have been on the Maid of the Mist in the summer of 2001. But I was just a wee lad back then. I was also in New York City that same trip, and stood atop the one of the World Trade Center buildings (don't remember which tower) in August of 2001...

Needless to say, that made the next month's events that much more unsettling for ten-year-old me... But I guess in a weird, terrible way, it's one of those things I can say I've done that nobody will ever get to again...

• Like 4