ERT (Early Ride Time) 2014

CoasterOhio

Uh-Oh. While I understand and respect the park's ERT choices (Banshee makes a lot of sense, so therefore does a 2nd ride in that area- no real need to open the entire park for ERT), I am pretty sure DonKIPR's post right above mine will get much hate, simply based on what happened when ERT briefly became WindSeeker and Vortex in 2011...

Be ready Mr. Helbig...there will be complainers...though I am sure you have dealt with this sort of thing more than once before. :P

• Like 4

My guess would be Banshee and DB going ERT all season, perhaps other coasters in a rotation throughout the season.

Diamondback will not be part of the early rides lineup this year.

Banshee & Beast?!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

My guess would be Banshee and DB going ERT all season, perhaps other coasters in a rotation throughout the season.

Diamondback will not be part of the early rides lineup this year.

Banshee & Beast?!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I would kind of doubt it- I'd put money on either The Bat or Invertigo (maybe even both?). Something in the Action Zone section- hence they wouldn't need to open up the whole park for ERT, something KI is hesitant to do (at least it seems that way).

• Like 1

I am pretty sure DonKIPR's post right above mine will get much hate, simply based on what happened when ERT briefly became WindSeeker and Vortex in 2011...

Banshee will be the most demanded ride this year, and KI is delivering.

The park will get complaints from some individuals no matter what they do.

• Like 15

I am pretty sure DonKIPR's post right above mine will get much hate, simply based on what happened when ERT briefly became WindSeeker and Vortex in 2011...

Banshee will be the most demanded ride this year, and KI is delivering.

The park will get complaints from some individuals no matter what they do.

Yeah, I know. Heck, there would be people upset with ERT even if the park somehow managed to open EVERY ride early for them (I don't really know how as that would be awesome but I realize also brutually difficult for the park to do). And Banshee ERT easily makes the most sense for the park in 2014...

I even remember back in 2011, when I saw these people complaining that ERT would be moved from Diamondback/Beast to Vortex/WindSeeker (though it never really happened that year)... "Would they still complain this much if the ERT was moved to another brand-new large roller coaster?" I dunno, but we're going to see...

Funny, I haven't read any posts about anyone getting upset, just people posting about people getting upset when nobodies posted being upset yet. :blink: It makes perfect sense not to have DB during ERT along with Banshee, I thought about that after I recalled ERT at KI was only 30 minutes again this season.

• Like 3

Funny, I haven't read any posts about anyone getting upset, just people posting about people getting upset when nobodies posted being upset yet. :blink: It makes perfect sense not to have DB during ERT along with Banshee, I thought about that after I recalled ERT at KI was only 30 minutes again this season.

Ehh...good point. I was just wondering if people would get upset over Diamondback NOT getting ERT in 2014 based on what happened in 2011 when it was supposed to be WindSeeker & Vortex instead of Diamondback & Beast as it was in 2009-2010...then again that was a flat ride (albeit a massive one) and a 20+ year old coaster which had waits often under 30mins anyway and Banshee is a brand-new coaster with a world record and good stats that will likely have 1+ hour lines on most days in 2014.

Sorry If I have caused any trouble...

I suppose I am "complaining" but I really enjoyed Diamondback on the ERT list, but I understand why they picked Banshee. But if I remember, Cedar Point opens the entire park for an hour, they do not open all rides but they seems to have a larger line up than Kings Island. Why can't Kings Island open more than just two rides? I would really love too see Action Zone alive during ERT even if it is compressed into that area( yes, I know that Plant Snoopy is open) with Drop Tower, Banshee, Invertigo, The Bat and maybe evem Delirium.

• Like 1

I completely agree with wanting Kings Island to open the whole park even though the rides wont be running until the general public is let in. It's nice to kill time just walking around the park when everything is fairly quiet in the morning and being able to go ahead and get in line for certain rides.

• Like 2

I'd bet Invertigo or Delirium will be chosen along side Banshee.

Also, looks like the kiddies will get their turn at early riding too, this year.

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/451841222055698432

I've never been to KI early enough to make use of ERT, we are typically a late afternoon thru evening in the middle of the week attendee, but IIRC, a handful of rides were part of ERT time last season, Flying Ace Arial Chase for one, I think the helicoptor ride and a handful of others in Planet Snoopy.

I'll throw my guess into the ring and say I think The Bat will be the other ERT ride (or perhaps they'll add a few rides in Action Zone in addition to Banshee. The Bat was often walkup last season, at least at the time frame we were typically there, but a large roll in that was its location in the park. Its not a ride that is visable from much of the park, so it doesn't call out to you to come ride it the way Vortex or Diamondback does, and unless your a fan of Delirium, Drop Zone or Invertigo, there wasn't a lot back in that area to attrack people to take the long walk back to a ride thats been around for a long time. Throw in the crowds expected at Banshee this season, as well as the retheming of The Bat, and The Bat should see a significant boost in lines this season. ERT would allow gold pass members to get a quick ride on the rethemed ride, then get on with the rest of their day.

Kings Island with be PUBAR this year. (Packed Up Beyond All Recognition). Get ready for it...get used to it.

Hopefully it will draw attendance from Cedar Point as I am the only one in the Family to have ever been and we plan on wearing out our Platinums this year. Either way, it's going to be a GREAT Summer!

I was just checking out pictures of Delirium and it made me realize how badly I would like for Delirium and/or Drop Tower to also be available for ERT. Their lines can always get insane even before Banshee. I would really like to have this period to ride my two favorite flats in the park before the GP throbs towards the area. I even like these two flats better than most of the park's coasters.

• Like 5

I agree, Delirium could definitely benefit from ERT. I remember the lines once the Dive loop was constructed.. I didn't even bother trying to ride it. I never find it's worth the wait anyways, but if there's ERT, I could check it out again..

Pretty much all rides in Action Zone have always been slow-ish in their lines aside from The Bat followed by Drop Tower, though DT often is a good investment in time compared to the ride time.

• Like 3

Its only 30 mins again this year. I requested it be moved back to an hour like previous years (still an hour at CP) seeing as how 30 min's barely gets you enough time to get 1 maybe 2 rides in before the "herd" of public shows up. I also requested we get a few plat pass holder ride nights ala CP or passholder appreciation nights, they used to do this on a couple fridays in may from like 5-10pm but its been years. I guess its gonna take more than me requesting to get heard. I still think its sad that I feel like I get far more value for my plat pass @ CP verses my home park, KI.

• Like 9

I still think its sad that I feel like I get far more value for my plat pass @ CP verses my home park, KI.

I agree with this. Last year at CP it was clearly labeled what and where you got food discounts. I could never find it on KI website. Was it a HUGE deal, no, not at all, but it is useful.

As for the 30min ERT compared to an hour at CP its a bigger park.

Please don't take this the wrong way everyone. KI is a great park and they have some fantastic rides. But like NightlyBeast said it's like they get the short end of the stick and that shouldn't be the case.

Hopefully KI will put out a list of exactly what and where the food discounts are this year. That and all the other deals that you get with your Platinum pass. It could of been me last year too. Maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough, lol.

• Like 4

Yeah, the hour ERT was sweet, we would make sure we got up early to get to the park in time for it, now it's not such a big deal. Then we got teased with Fun Perks, just to have that taken away, yet the price keeps going up for our passes. I have to listen to my wife complain about losing Fun Perks and getting pretty much nothing in return, leading me into talking her into getting passes the last two seasons (she'd rather walk around the zoo or better yet a mall anyways). Complaining is contagious, but I already convinced her into another year of passes, so me and the kids are safe for another season! :P

• Like 5

In years past, there has been a temporary gate stationed just inside the turnstiles to the right (the side which leads you towards Planet Snoopy) with a security guard stationed in front of it. Once ERT begins, people quickly filed past the guard flashing their pass. There was no set line, per se, as everyone just glommed together. The gate was then removed just before park opening.

• Like 2

I still think its sad that I feel like I get far more value for my plat pass @ CP verses my home park, KI.

I agree with this. Last year at CP it was clearly labeled what and where you got food discounts. I could never find it on KI website. Was it a HUGE deal, no, not at all, but it is useful.

As for the 30min ERT compared to an hour at CP its a bigger park.

Please don't take this the wrong way everyone. KI is a great park and they have some fantastic rides. But like NightlyBeast said it's like they get the short end of the stick and that shouldn't be the case.

Hopefully KI will put out a list of exactly what and where the food discounts are this year. That and all the other deals that you get with your Platinum pass. It could of been me last year too. Maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough, lol.

CP is actually not bigger. They are both about the same size. KI has more unused land though.