ERT (Early Ride Time) 2014

CoasterOhio

Maybe the reason Cedar Points whole park is accessible during ERT is because all of the rides open are so spread out.

And Banshee and Diamondback aren't spread apart?

Cedar Point could have a controlled location with only 2 or 3 rides open. Maybe Gatekeeper, Wicked Twister, and Ocean Motion? Or Power Tower and Dragster.

I think Cedar Point is a little more generous than Kings Island with ERT.

Also remember that Cedar Point ERT is open to all resort guests, which requires a larger area to deal with the much larger number of people. On top of that, CP has four gates and it's not reasonable to expect everyone to use one gate given the layout of the resorts.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

• Like 7

I am pretty sure DonKIPR's post right above mine will get much hate, simply based on what happened when ERT briefly became WindSeeker and Vortex in 2011...

I think the other difference from a few years ago is the park didn't say this year that ERT will be on Diamondback. A few years ago that wasn't necessarily the case. (This is in addition to malem's point, that Banshee will be much more of a "demanded" ride for people, as compared to WindSeeker.)

• 3 weeks later...

So far this season: Banshee, Delirium, The Bat.

Thanks for the reply Malem! I'm very happy to hear Delirium is included, it's my favorite ride at KI that is not a coaster ;)

Also I have yet to ride The Bat this season, so I'll fix that tomorrow morning! I would love to do Banshee, but won't have any extra money for a locker.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question from a Gold Pass newbie - I have my Gold Pass voucher printed out and have not had a chance to get my card. I noticed that Season Pass processing is listed as being open during park hours (10 AM). If I take my voucher through the gate for the first time pass before getting my card, will the ride OPs allow me to participate in the ERT for Banshee? Or do I have to have the card?

Does season pass processing start any earlier than 10 AM?

The pass processing does start early. I'm not certain exactly how early, but by 9:30 they're going.

While you can get through the entrance once without your actual processed pass, I'm not sure about the guards next to the ropes (where you go through for ERT). They don't actually have scanners or anything, they just look for you to flash your pass at them. It may entirely depend on the person working that day.

Processing goes pretty fast, too.

Yesterday at the Soak City Gold Pass entrance, the lady next to me got her family in with just the vouchers. So I would think that it shouldn't be a problem, although they might hold you up for a few seconds while they take a closer look at the voucher to make sure that it really says Gold or Platinum on it.

Maybe the reason Cedar Points whole park is accessible during ERT is because all of the rides open are so spread out.

Only MF, Maverick, Gatekeeper, Raptor, and Planet Snoopy are available for ERT.

I think he's aware of that. He means that you can walk through the entire park during ERT, as opposed to KI's ERT where only a small portion of the park can be accessed before regular opening and the rest is roped off. :)

• Like 1

Quick question from a Gold Pass newbie - I have my Gold Pass voucher printed out and have not had a chance to get my card. I noticed that Season Pass processing is listed as being open during park hours (10 AM). If I take my voucher through the gate for the first time pass before getting my card, will the ride OPs allow me to participate in the ERT for Banshee? Or do I have to have the card?

Does season pass processing start any earlier than 10 AM?

I went last Sunday and got mine processed at 9:25. Also since my voucher was already printed out, it took at most one minute for my pass to be processed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just have a few things to be cleared up. Thursday will only be my 2nd time at KI, and this is the first year I have had a platinum pass and it seems like CP does their platinum benefits a little differently than KI. I have tried to find platinum pass perks on the park's website but can't find any specifics. Is KI like CP and has 10% off of meals and any other special food/shop perks? Also, for ERT I see that it will start at 9:30. Are the rides still Banshee, Delirium, and The Bat? Thanks!

^ KI's platinum perks are exactly the same as the gold perks.

ERT starts at 9:30am and features select attractions in Action Zone including Banshee. So far, Delirium and The Bat have also been included. Apparently Drop Tower was running for ERT yesterday.

Like CP, KI has a straight 10% off discount at select food/merchandise locations. I'm not aware of a full list, but most locations operated by the park are included. Panda Express, Chick-Fil-A, and Subway are among the non-participating locations. Make sure to tell the cashier that you have a season pass.

Some items don't qualify for the 10% discount, including drink wristbands, souvenir cups (already discounted), meal plans, and Fast Lane passes. If you have another discount/coupon, you can't stack the 10% discount.

• Like 1

Some items don't qualify for the 10% discount, including drink wristbands

All-day drink wristbands are eligible for the Gold/Platinum Pass discount. Mrs. No Chickens and I both received the discount when buying our wristbands on Sunday. The cashier wasn't sure whether they were eligible for the discount, but he tried ringing up the discount and the register accepted it. If they're not supposed to get the discount, then the registers need to be fixed to reflect that.