Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom, SFGAd

Zumanjaro (Big Droppy Thing) will be an interesting ride, to say the least.

In my opinion, this ride has made Kingda Ka less of a photogenic coaster and more of a "What in the world is that?" coaster.

....On a somewhat related note.....

I see the ride experience on this ride being very, very similar to that of Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom at SFMM.

• Like 3

Zumanjaro (Big Droppy Thing) will be an interesting ride, to say the least.

In my opinion, this ride has made Kingda Ka less of a photogenic coaster and more of a "What in the world is that?" coaster.

....On a somewhat related note.....

I see the ride experience on this ride being very, very similar to that of Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom at SFMM.

It basically is Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom, but 15ft taller and a little faster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm agreeing with Spectrum91, the trains shown in the renderings are facing the correct direction (as in going right to left over the crest). I'm not sure if it's because some of you are looking on these pictures on small cell phone screens that you're thinking the train is facing the opposite way, but enlarged on my computer screen, all of the renderings show the trains correctly positioned.

• Like 3

The train is facing the correct direction. If you have ever been to SFGAdv, you will note that Kinda Ka's trains do follow that same design. I see where Terp is coming from though, at first glance, it does appear that the trains are facing the opposite direction. Unless of course, Six Flags is continuing its latest trend of running coasters backwards lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

The employees infront of the Golden Kingdom said that Zumanjaro may open towards the end of the season. Sounds like they're having some major problems.

And that'll presumably keep Kingda Ka down, too, right?

Yeesh!

Who could've foreseen that clipping a record-shattering Intamin ride onto a record-shattering Intamin ride in New Jersey would lead to downtime?

• Like 7

You know, I figure I should ask, because I've been wondering for a while...

Where did the nickname of "Big Droppy Thing" come from?

What it actually is and what it actually does.

It's big, it drops, and it is a thingy, Big Droppy Thingy!

• Like 1

The employees infront of the Golden Kingdom said that Zumanjaro may open towards the end of the season. Sounds like they're having some major problems.

And that'll presumably keep Kingda Ka down, too, right?

Yeesh!

Who could've foreseen that clipping a record-shattering Intamin ride onto a record-shattering Intamin ride in New Jersey would lead to downtime?

I wouldn't call Kingda Ka record-shattering, really. ;)

• Like 4

a. Mr. Kinzel, then over at Maple Grove, called it worse than that.

b. Big Droppy Thing came from the same place as other appellations, including New Jersey's Finest Theme Park, Maple Grove, BooFest...

c. Mr. Jim Reid-Anderson has doubtless called that new steel coaster opening in Gurnee, Zumananjaro: Drop of Doom and some other things far worse than Big Droppy Thing. Betwixt weather and other factors, it's been a rough year for timely openings. I'm sure SeaWorld Entertainment would agree. Even existing attractions have had their problems, from Cedar Point to Kings Island to New Jersey's Finest Theme Park, which somehow seem incomplete without attractions ranging from Shake Rattle and Roll to Shoot the Rapids to Flight of Fear to Drop Tower to Kingda Ka.

• Like 2

Is this open yet? Another 15 feet from Drop of Doom. They need a little easier break than Drop of Doom on this. Eagerly waiting for this and Falcon's Fury.

With a little luck, I will hit 10,000 on Drop Tower this year. I got a late start this year. 592 to go.

• Like 1

Is this open yet? Another 15 feet from Drop of Doom. They need a little easier break than Drop of Doom on this. Eagerly waiting for this and Falcon's Fury.

With a little luck, I will hit 10,000 on Drop Tower this year. I got a late start this year. 592 to go.

As of now, Zumanjaro isn't open yet. I visited on Monday night and Tuesday and there was absolutely no movement or testing of Zumanjaro.
  • Like 1