Opening weekend crowds

firehawk fan

For opening day of Diamondback the wife and I arrived at the park before 6am. We waited patiently until we were able to ride at 9am. There was a decent sized group when we got there and it was a huge amount of people by the time they let us go to the ride at 9am. We were on the third train out after they opened it up.

• Like 4

I could care less about how long we have to wait to get into the park. I'll stand in front of the gate. Since my friends mom has to work we are going to stand in front of the Drop off/pick up gate until they open it and then run to the entrance. And wait there until they let us into the park then we are going directly into Banshees queue line.

I if JR's wife is not paying attention he should buy a few more for people. Sadly I won't be there Saturday.

I have not ever bought a pass, but can you buy them online ahead of time? I doubt I would buy one, but wondering if that's an option. I know we typically go during the week so it's typically small(ish) crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can buy them online ahead of time, but I always check out the ride lines before I've purchased them in the past. 180 dollars is no small chunk of change just to ride Banshee several times ( the only reason 'I plan' to buy them). If we get there for ERT and can get a few rides in ( I doubt it) I might keep my money in my pocket until the Fourth of July where Fastlane Plus will be a must. :D

• Like 2

Question/thought---I'm guessing that a big majority of opening day attendees are season pass holders way more than on an average day so with that said---Will ERT be of little to no advantage on opening day?

The reason I am posing this question is---I won't be getting home from work until 2 AM Fri. and will have to be up at 9 AM to make my 1 1/2 hour drive to the park to be there for ERT.

I am debating sleeping in a bit and thinking the Banshee line will thin out around 2-3 PM.

Later,

Mark

P.S. What am I thinking---I won't be able to sleep. It will be like a kid trying to sleep on Christmas Eve.

• Like 3

If by thin out you mean still have a ~1.5-2 hour, I'd say you're correct. ERT will be filled with a ton of pass holders (and even regular guests, if similar to years past where non-pass holders made it back) and a VERY long line initially. But I think the line should be shorter (2-ish hours) later in the afternoon (maybe at 3 or so?)

Oh yes, it sure does!

I wonder if the line will wrap around and make it's way back through the direct route for Banshee..

--

Also, if anyone can post a pic from the tower from their phone, that'd be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, it'll be interesting to see the line in person when I'm there!