D.C and Gettysburg School Trip TR

stashua123

So after being on the bus for several hours we arrived at none other than Gettysburg! Gettysburg is a quaint little town that was site for the famous Gettysburg Address and the Battle of Gettysburg. It was a really nice town and we toured the battlefields! The first stop was at the Virginia Monument. It was a pretty nice place . The second stop was Little Round Top and let me say it had a great view. The third stop was the Pennsylvania Monument. You get a great view up their but the staircase was so tight. Then we went to the Ohio Monument for the people who saved the Unions from defeat during Pickketts Charge. Then we where supposed to eat at the pizza place but we didnt for an hour because their was a delay in the ordering so we walked around the campus of Gettysburg College. Then one of our classmates accidentally pressed the "Help" button which called the police but our teachers cleared it up. We then went back to the Pizza House and ate Pizza. After that we drove an hour and a half to get to our hotel in Centreville, VA The hotel was a SpringHill Suites by Marriott hotel which was decently nice. We checked into our rooms and went to sleep. Day 1 in DC coming up.

• Like 3

Day 2: Washington D.C Day 1

We got our morning wake-up call at about 6:30 am. We got up got dressed, showered etc. We got down to the Hotel Breakfast Buffet at 7:00 a.m. The breakfast was nice but not the best quality. Our school then got on the bus at 7:35 a.m Then we got onto I-66 which has to be one of the worse traffic experience in my life. It took us literally an hour just to get to the Potomac River. When you see all of those MetroRail trains pass you several times before you move you really start to envy the passengers on the Light Rail. I noticed a lot of exits and Highways(I-495) were tolled which is something you do not see around the Cincinnati Area(Hopefully). We finally arrived at the MLK(Martin Luther King) Memorial at 9:00 am. That memorial was nice but a bit bland and not really something special. We walked to the Jefferson Memorial which while walking noticed that the Tidal Basin was a little higher than usual because it swallowed up some sidewalks. We arrived at the Jefferson Memorial, took a group picture, and then headed into it. Apparently the Memorial is under restoration so part of it we couldn't walk to. It was a nice memorial and I have nothing to complain about it. We then went to the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial which was a nice memorial and greatly designed. After the trip to the Tidal Basin we went up to the National Mall. We saw the Washington Monument which had most of its Scaffolding down. I went to the WWII Memorial which was really nice and peaceful. I sat by the fountain. It was really nice sitting their and reflecting on the Nation and all of that stuff. After the WWII Memorial we went to the Capitol Building. The Capitol Building has really strict security so we were pretty much not allowed to bring anything. After getting in we went to the Capitol Food Court which had good food. After that We went and toured the Capitol Building. It was amazing because of all of the details put into it. After touring we got a ticket to see the House of Representatives. That room was pretty cool and a lot older than it looks on TV. But we had just missed the Congress who had their break at 2:15 and we arrived at 2:20 so we barely missed it. So we left to go to the National Archives. It was a really neat place but we were unfortunately late for the tour guide so we left early. While waiting for the bus someone on the Steps of the National Archives fell and cracked their head so a bunch of firefighters and ambulances showed up which at first I thought we had just left the National Archives just in time but it was different. So after that whole entire scene we ate dinner at a really nice restaurant called Carmine's. The food their was great but WAY overpriced. Lucky we didn't have to pay for it. After dinner at Carmine's we got D.C Cupcakes and went to the Iwo Jima Memorial which was a nice place. After that we went to our hotel and swam and relaxed in the hot tub for an hour before going to bed. Day 3: Wash. D.C coming up tommorow. :)

• Like 3