Grandma Rides A Roller Coaster For The First Time, Reminds Us To Always Stay Fearless

There was a lady on Diamondback last year about 2 rows up from my wife and I. I don't know how old she was, but she appeared old enough to potentially be a grandmother, but probably not quite 71 & 79 like the ladies in this story. She appeared to be a "single rider" but looked like she was well known enough to people around KI as I saw more than 1 person come up and say hello to here. She rode Diamondback like a 15 year old teenage, hands up the whole way, allowing her body to be tossed from one side to the other in transitions, etc... It was awesome to observe. She must be a regular, we were at chipotle following a trip to KI a few weeks later and saw her come in with a group of friends.

My wife's 73 year old mother has a pass to KI this year, she's had them in the past and used to ride roller coasters when she was a bit younger with my wife and will still do smaller stuff with our kids as well. She asked about Diamondback the other day, its now our goal to get her at least 1 ride on it this year.

• Like 4

This video has now emerged of the two flying for the first time (the roller coaster was apparently part of the prep for this): https://news.yahoo.com/video/grandmas-experience-flying-first-time-191151113.html. Apparently the British subsidiary of European telecommunications giant Vodafone was involved with this through their "Firsts" program (see website mentioned at the end of that video for more details).