Season Pass Payment Plan Question.

CoasterFreak45

For anyone who has experience with this, if you upgrade from a gold pass to a platinum, does it go by the renewal price or the new pass price?

if you decide to upgrade while on the payment plan, you would have to pay the full difference in price between the gold and platinum and continue paying the gold payment pl.n price as obligated to your online agreement. But if not on the payment plan, then it would be the price difference between a new platinum pass, and you must surrender your gold pass to receive the platinum.

For anyone who has experience with this, if you upgrade from a gold pass to a platinum, does it go by the renewal price or the new pass price?

You pay the difference between what you actually paid for the Gold Pass and the current price for a new, not renewal, Platinum Pass.

You pay the difference between what you actually paid for the Gold Pass and the current price for a new, not renewal, Platinum Pass.

Actually, if your gold pass was renewed from the previous season, they should charge you the difference between what you paid to renew and the current renewal price. If they don't realize that your pass is a renewal, tell them.

If your gold pass was not renewed from the previous season, you will not get a renewal price if you decide to upgrade.

Actually, if your gold pass was renewed from the previous season, they should charge you the difference between what you paid to renew and the current renewal price. If they don't realize that your pass is a renewal, tell them.

If your gold pass was not renewed, you will not get a renewal price if you decide to upgrade.

That was not the case in 2011 when I upgraded my renewal Gold Pass to Platinum.

If your gold pass was not renewed from the previous season, you will not get a renewal price if you decide to upgrade.

if you didnt have a platinum pass last year you cannot receive the renewal rate. It is considered a new platinum pass.

• Like 1

if you didnt have a platinum pass last year you cannot receive the renewal rate. It is considered a new platinum pass.

This isn't what Guest Services told me when I inquired about it previously. I was told that they do allow renewals (at the renewal price) at a different pass tier, though it cannot be done online.

Policies change, though, so I could very well be wrong. Cedar Fair parks' season pass policies & procedures can be more than a little confusing.

• Like 2

This isn't what Guest Services told me when I inquired about it previously. I was told that they do allow renewals (at the renewal price) at a different pass tier, though it cannot be done online.

Policies change, though, so I could very well be wrong. Cedar Fair parks' season pass policies & procedures can be more than a little confusing.

I think Terpy will back you up on that.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

One of my family member was planning on going with us to king island and then back out at the last moment.. i wanted to see if i could switch another person to there card and remove them off once we make it up to king island. I already paid for the passes. 

• 4 years later...