ACE membership

I know they offer a one time trial membership. I wanna say its 25 dollars for 6 months for the trial. I can't say much in terms of events (haven't researched) but I know that they get the last public train on Beast on the final day of each season at closing time. (pretty cool perk if you ask me)

There's a lot of discussion about coaster clubs here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/28500-coaster-clubs/

Note that ACE is just one of many clubs, and is also by far the most expensive. I recommend exploring other options before you set your sights on ACE. I personally hold membership in both the Great Ohio Coaster Club and Coaster Crew.

• Like 3

I know I've said this before but make sure you read each clubs rules and bylaws before considering joining.

ACE has one that I particularly hate so ACE was ruled out for me before I even looked at the prices and events offered.

What rule is that?

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

I can see where you are coming from with section C, sub 4. I could see how almost lying to the public can feel like it is out and out wrong, but you have to look at why. Let's say you're a part of club x and you, presenting yourself as a member of the club, state a negative comment discussing a park. That park could see it as that club x has no interest in the park, and could loose PR to that, inhibiting the club in whole. But he does have a point, look at if the club is one that you have the same ideas on the way to act being a part of the club.

I know I've said this before but make sure you read each clubs rules and bylaws before considering joining.

ACE has one that I particularly hate so ACE was ruled out for me before I even looked at the prices and events offered.

What rule is that?

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

I can see where you are coming from with section C, sub 4. I could see how almost lying to the public can feel like it is out and out wrong, but you have to look at why. Let's say you're a part of club x and you, presenting yourself as a member of the club, state a negative comment discussing a park. That park could see it as that club x has no interest in the park, and could loose PR to that, inhibiting the club in whole. But he does have a point, look at if the club is one that you have the same ideas on the way to act being a part of the club.

Exactly that one. If people weren't allowed to speak negatively about any parks, Son of Beast could still be here (I liked SOB but I see why others don't and why it was removed). And a certain "Save the Wizzer" campaign would have never happened and we would still have a problematic Arrow multi-looper and a very mediocre B&M flyer at SFGAm.

• Like 4

I'd have a bigger problem with section C, sub 3. It's worded kind of confusing, but it sounds like their saying you can't mention you're apart of ACE to parks or media. Really?

No, no, no. They're saying that you can't try to claim that you are an ACE official or representative. You can say that you're a member, but don't try to claim "I'm the president of the American Coaster Enthusiasts!" or anything like that.

I'd have a bigger problem with section C, sub 3. It's worded kind of confusing, but it sounds like their saying you can't mention you're apart of ACE to parks or media. Really?

No, no, no. They're saying that you can't try to claim that you are an ACE official or representative. You can say that you're a member, but don't try to claim "I'm the president of the American Coaster Enthusiasts!" or anything like that.

Yeah, I figured I was reading it wrong. They sure do have a confusing way of wording it.