Facts About IJST

Screwball

This is most of what we know so far, as we find out facts post them in here.

According to Screamscape:

• There will be three cars on each train for a total of twelve riders per train. The circuit will hold three trains.
  • There will be seperate stations for loading and unloading.
  • There will be three LIM launches during the circuit.

The following I learned from my recent trip:

• The coaster will go about the same speed as Adventure Express which goes 36 MPH, so 40 MPH as previously talked about would be correct.
  • There will be actual Mini's on the trains. You will have to open the door to get in, as well as working headlights, and sound inside of the car.
  • PKI has actually purchased a full size helicopter.
  • During the explosions PKI wants you to be able to feel the heat from the flames.

They are real explosions, you will need no heat blasts to feel them. Ever seen the pirate show prior to it to becoming gay in Las Vegas at Treasure Island(now TI, so very very gay)? The explosions were far away, but you could feel heat from them. Yeah, the mini-coopers will have real doors and all that, pretty cool. Also, the bumps will be in the ride, and Jeff told me they were working on some sort of fishtailing effect for the cars to do. Also, one of the launches will be more of a boost than an actual launch.

They are real explosions, you will need no heat blasts to feel them. Ever seen the pirate show prior to it to becoming gay in Las Vegas at Treasure Island(now TI, so very very gay)? The explosions were far away, but you could feel heat from them.

Yeah, the mini-coopers will have real doors and all that, pretty cool. Also, the bumps will be in the ride, and Jeff told me they were working on some sort of fishtailing effect for the cars to do. Also, one of the launches will be more of a boost than an actual launch.

The only show where I have seen explosions is the Batman Thrill Spectacular at Six Flags Darien Lake. It's held in a huge theatre, but when the explosions happen no matter how far back you are it's very hot. That will be a great feature on the coaster.

I sort of assumed one of the launches would be a boost like you said, as by watching the video there is only two points where the train is launched from a stationary point. It's anyone's guess right now where the remaining launch will occur.

I highly doubt you'll open the doors yourself. I'm gonna say that they'll open automatically. I highly doubt that this helicopter is a real helicopter. The helicopter in the video appears to be a MD-500; and those aren't cheap. The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office has one.

I highly doubt you'll open the doors yourself. I'm gonna say that they'll open automatically. I highly doubt that this helicopter is a real helicopter. The helicopter in the video appears to be a MD-500; and those aren't cheap. The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office has one.

All that was said about the helicopter is that the park has purchased a full size helicopter. I am sure it would be scaled down and not able to fly, but from what I was told it doesn't sound like it's just a shell of a helicopter.

As far as the doors, that would make more sense on them opening automatically.

That just what I was told by a manager on a morning walkback.

I remember when I went to the Metallica concert in 2003 up at the horseshoe.

I was in the upper deck to the left of the stage, but when they shot up the flames during "Fuel," oh, man! We could feel them - very clearly - even up there!

So it would not take much to feel the explosion, I think.

If you don't know, the horseshoe is Ohio Stadium, where the Buckeye football team plays. It is shaped like a horseshoe.

If you don't know, the horseshoe is Ohio Stadium, where the Buckeye football team plays. It is shaped like a horseshoe.

And God Bless those Bucks. biggrin.gif

But one question arises: Will PKI keep up with the theming of this coaster? TR TR used to be a great effects ride, but half of them do not work at all. I give these effects 3, maybe 4 years tops.

~S~

You can usually tell what effects will break first. Any effects on the train i.e. speakers, car doors, etc. should be fine as maintenance will always have access to the trains, plus car sound effects are a major part of the ride. I'm betting the lights on the police cruisers will burn out first, and since it takes "an effort" to walk out in the grass (note the sarcasm), they will most likely go for long periods of time with out being replaced. (I work on TRTR so I know how long it takes to change a light bulb here.) The only real effects after this are the helicopter and the water splash. Being the main part of the ride, it's hard to imagine PKI letting the chopper fall apart, but looking at previous themed rides, they will. The propellers, rotors, whatever they're called, will go first. They will get slower and slower until they eventually stop. (anyone remember phantom theatre, and the ever slower moving sheets of music over the maestro's head?) Next, of course will be the Sim Bullets. Fewer of these will be working each time you ride. They'll be fixed every now and then, but they won't last forever. Finally, the explosions. If they are using real fire, you can bet they will be gone after July. They look like they will be placed too close to the train. People will complain about it being too hot, especially on the smaller riders (48 in. height requirement). Then, maintenance will discover the heat is damaging the trains, the tracks, whatever, and their intensity will be turned down. (Supposedly the water from the lavapit on TRTR was hurting the sensors on the gondola, so pressure was turned down, now nobody gets wet) Of course, let's not forget the obvious: the explosions just break themselves---that goes for whether or not real fire is used. However, if the explosions do JUST BREAK, you can count on maintenace, or whoever's job it is, to fix them pretty quickly, or at least try to fix them for a while. Last but not least, the water splash. If the splash is generated by the train, which I doubt it will be, then it can't break, plain an simple. But, if it is done by water jets on the side of the track, then, like the police cruiser lights, when it breaks, nobody will be in a big hurry to fix it. If it's not meant to get you wet, then it is mainly just for show for the people watching in the queue and exit. If it's just for show, no big deal for PKI if they lose it. To sum up everything, I hope the effects last forever, but knowing the situation of other rides in the park *cough TRTR, AE cough*, they probably won't . (gets tear in eye)

Edit: A thought has occured to me. Due to the short distance from the train, it is unlikely that real fire will be used in the explosions. Instead, I see them doing something similar to the lavapit on TRTR. Using boilers, they will blast steam from designated areas to simulate explosions. These hardly ever break, and they create almost the same effect as fire. Something I can't figure out, though, is that in the animation, real fire, separate from the explosions, can be seen surrounding the train. Only real fire could be used to create this effect, steam just wouldn't look right. Hopefully, if they follow the animation, they will use a fire effect similar to the one on Jaws in Universal Studios.

One would think you actually work at PKI with that attitude. Sadly you are right; and about the fire, Technifex originally intended to have fire at TRTR, but for one reason or another all was cut from the plan, except the outdoor flames of course. One point where I believe you are wrong is about the sound in the trains, this will likely fail quickly, one train at a time, and because of the "maintenance" group that will work on it, there is no hope it will function at all by its second season.

• 2 weeks later...

So it will be about the same in size as AE. I wonder if it will be more fun, or not as fun. AE is pretty fun, but except for a few tunnels and headchoppers, there isn't a lot to it. I think the aqueduct, helicopter, and parking garage will make it a little more interesting. Plus it looks like it has some pretty cool track elements. But you can tell from the track type that it wont do anything too extreme.