Which part of Banshee are you most excited for?

coasterfanatic83

Honestly the whole ride is going to be a great experience. Noone has been in that area of the park at those heights enjoying a coaster in years. Just to think you're only a few feet shorter and a little over from the original crest of SOB.

Other than the sentimental and nostalgic aspect of the ride in that area, just look at it cycle, it's an impressive creation, it just works perfectly as any machine should.

• Like 5

Definitely the zero-G roll and subsequent drop into the valley. I'm hoping it's set up so that you actually stay weightless all the way down the drop. That by itself would be enough for it to become my new #1 steel coaster.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

• Like 3

Batwing for sure :) it will always be pretzel loop in my mind because that's what it looks like but i know it's a Batwing. Though why we have a Batwing on Banshee when there is The Bat with no Batwing doesn't make tons of sense but whatever they both will be awesome lol

I think that the best part of Banshee is that it's a purple people eater.

Batwing for sure :) it will always be pretzel loop in my mind because that's what it looks like but i know it's a Batwing. Though why we have a Batwing on Banshee when there is The Bat with no Batwing doesn't make tons of sense but whatever they both will be awesome lol

We also have Firehawk, which has an identical layout to another coaster called Batwing.

• Like 3

To hear, " All clear".

And hopefully NOT:

"That all clear means you guys are up and out of here so sit upright, hold on tight and enjoy your ride on Banshee!"

And thankfully, we will definitely not have to hear:

"Down goes the floor, now you're out the door" as is often spieled on Inverted Coasters (especially at Cedar Fair parks)

• Like 7

First drop will be awesome in the back seat I imagine. And the in-line twist will be a cool change of pace for Kings Island.

(Firehawk's twists aren't the same EDIT: And as mentioned, I agree, I wasn't saying Firehawk's twists are bad. They are very fun; just a different orientation and experience.)

First drop will be awesome in the back seat I imagine. And the in-line twist will be a cool change of pace for Kings Island. (Firehawk's twists aren't the same)

That's not to say, however, that Firehawk's in-line twists aren't awesome. Those twists are my favorite element on any Kings Island coaster (pending my thoughts on Banshee).

• Like 1