Construction?

carpetarson

Yeah, I am looking forward to seeing the construction pictures, even though it seems that there is not a lot to see/any significant changes since October. I would have thought that they would have at least had footers either poured or prepared to be poured (hole with rebar in place). I am surprised that the one up in Canada is farther along than our version, of course the site for that one was from a blank lot and not home to two exisiting attractions.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I am looking forward to seeing the construction pictures, even though it seems that there is not a lot to see/any significant changes since October. I would have thought that they would have at least had footers either poured or prepared to be poured (hole with rebar in place). I am surprised that the one up in Canada is farther along than our version, of course the site for that one was from a blank lot and not home to two exisiting attractions.

Agreed. Hmmm.....had to close the Tiques at the end of August and we simply had to rip the Eagles out before the end of the season too. Man, that dirt pile is impressive. Keep your fingers crossed that we have a mild winter.....otherwise I think I'll be riding the one up in Canada first dry.gif For those who haven't checked it out yet, Wonderland has been posting pics of their progress... http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/corpinfo.jsp

- Todd, who thought they would have been a bit further along by now....

• 3 weeks later...

New Pics of the PCW construction.

December #1

December #2

December #3

December #4

Looks like they have all of the footers completed which are shown in all of the pictures.

As well as alot of concrete work done which is likely going to be for the undergroung subway scene.

Can anyone place what the steel structure in #3 and #4 is for? It doesn't look like it will be supports for the track, It could be the supports for the theming for the helicopter scene before the final launch.

We will know soon how PKI's construction is going compared to PCW's.

10 more days till Construction Tour!!! I wont be attending but I've been assured by Don that hes gona take LOADS of pictures and I hope other people do too!! biggrin.gif I really want to see what it will look like if they are as far as PCW now. As for that guy saying about the B&M track, even if it was real, I'de think it was a mistake!!!

I also have another guess PKI's IJST is no where near as far. Come on PKI push your selfs and give us an update

Maybe they will.....when something actually happens on the construction site. From that picture that I looked at in the off season update, sure didn't look like anything had been going on. They must be having fun with the bulldozers pushing all that dirt around, yeah, thats it :-)

- Todd, June opening anyone?

June??

Really, now. It doenst take THAT long to build a ride!

Dude, it was a slight exaggeration. I certainly don't see it opening before May, though. I could be completely wrong, but from the latest pics it doesn't appear as though the ground work for most of the footers has even started yet. Granted, we're talking about a small ride here, but there is still a lot involved with the project with the theming and effects. Considering that Canada already has completed nearly ALL of the concrete work for their ride.....I'm taking a stab that PKI is behind schedule. I think we should be hoping for mile weather the next few months. Guess we'll find out a bit more on Friday.

- Todd

June??

Really, now. It doenst take THAT long to build a ride!

Dude, it was a slight exaggeration. I certainly don't see it opening before May, though. I could be completely wrong, but from the latest pics it doesn't appear as though the ground work for most of the footers has even started yet. Granted, we're talking about a small ride here, but there is still a lot involved with the project with the theming and effects. Considering that Canada already has completed nearly ALL of the concrete work for their ride.....I'm taking a stab that PKI is behind schedule. I think we should be hoping for mile weather the next few months. Guess we'll find out a bit more on Friday.

- Todd

I don't know, Todd.... you said the same thing about CDBB's opening day last year, and they still managed to pull it off. Never doubt PKI.

On a side note - my vote is mid-May. biggrin.gif

Ryan

Yes, it does appear that PKI is not as far on their ride as PCW is on theirs. But when was the last construction picture taken? In Mid-December. A lot can go on in a couple weeks time. So far, this Winter has been mild, and as predicted, extremly wet. (Coney Island is flooded under water right now, and Lake Como and Sunlite Pool are currently part of the Ohio River). I`m sure PKI wants to get IJST opened as soon as possible. The wet weather might also be delaying them some. The ride will open when the park has it ready to be opened, be it in April, May or June. Even if it isn`t ready on opening day, we will still be able to enjoy the park, and anticipate the debut of PKI`s newest roller coaster. Better to take time and have an A+ product than rush and end up with a C- product.

I don't know, Todd.... you said the same thing about CDBB's opening day last year, and they still managed to pull it off. Never doubt PKI.

On a side note - my vote is mid-May. biggrin.gif

Ryan

Very true Ryan :-) With that said, CDBB opened to pass holders on May 23 (if I remember correctly). So thats a late may opening :-) I think it truly depends on the weather we have this winter, which so far hasn't proven to be very nice. I agree with what others have said though, hopefully they wont' rush this one like Son of Beast. Sheesh, what a disaster that was.

- Todd

Yes, it does appear that PKI is not as far on their ride as PCW is on theirs. But when was the last construction picture taken? In Mid-December. A lot can go on in a couple weeks time. So far, this Winter has been mild, and as predicted, extremly wet. (Coney Island is flooded under water right now, and Lake Como and Sunlite Pool are currently part of the Ohio River). I`m sure PKI wants to get IJST opened as soon as possible. The wet weather might also be delaying them some. The ride will open when the park has it ready to be opened, be it in April, May or June. Even if it isn`t ready on opening day, we will still be able to enjoy the park, and anticipate the debut of PKI`s newest roller coaster. Better to take time and have an A+ product than rush and end up with a C- product.

Yikes!

I had a feeling Coney was flooded but I didn't know it was THAT bad! sad.gif

I wanna ride the Pepsi Pythong in this wink.gif

Coney Flooded Here is an image from Channel Cincinnati. The ride in the center is one of the waterslides. The blue light tower in the middle of all the water is actually a light tower which resides in the middle of Sunlite pool. In the very top right of the picture, is the main parking entrance off of Kellogg, accross from Sutton road. Lake Como would be just beyond those trees on the top of the picture. The Pepsi Python would be to the left of the edge of the picture.

Coney floods fairly easily. On Saturday, the main parking gat was under about a foot of water, and the flood waters had overcome Lake Como. In the flood of 1997, the waters reached about 9 feet onto the admin building, and Moonlite Gardens. There are signs around the park that denote the 1997 flood crest. The entire rides office was underwater. However, that was before they had the Python. Yes, they will have a big cleanup job in about a week once the waters recede. Just goes to show why PKI was built up north.

There seems to be a ton of roller coaster experts on here. How many coasters have you "experts" built? That’s right, what was I thinking. Leave it to the pros and stop speculating. From what I gathered at the tour the coaster stays pretty much at ground level. It should go up pretty fast once the ground work is complete.