Construction?

carpetarson

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's depressing to walk by and see tiques gone. As I can see they ripped out all the track already and it looks like a big wasteland. The support walls are still there, I am wondering if they are going to use them again or if they just haven't ripped them down yet. I hope that if they do tear them down I can see the dirt avalanche, yeah that would be cool

The rumor that I have heard is that they will reappear in Nick Central and be themed to a Nick Toons Car wash. However, I personally, would rather see them reappear behind or near Fligh of Fear as I think they would fit the theme better there. Additionally, if they have a somewhat large amount of space between FoF, The Racer and AE. I don`t think that the space is large enough though for the Antique Cars to be relocated there. A flat ride would fit nicely there though, but then again, one would fit nicely on the old Flight Commander spot as well. There is also not a lot of room in Nick Central to expand, unless they removed something, either the Nick Theater, the splash maze or if they removed part of the picnic ground. Truth be told, we shouldn`t start to wander what the park is planning in 2006 yet. The park hasn`t even begun to vertical construction on their new ride for 2005.

Does anybody know how many of the undeveloped 300 or so acres of land The Beast is sitting on?

I always could see them putting a coaster behind FoF. Also, if they did move the campground to behind the water park, they could take down Top Gun and they would have a ton of room. They could put in a Star Trek themed Intamin Giga Coaster!

First of all, there is not enoughr room behind Boomerang Bay to build a new campgroud because Western Row Road is not too far to the south of the water park. Additionally, the grassy area in front of the water park and beyond the deep south park lot lacks trees for a campground (and it might not even be PKI`s land, I`m not sure if that is part of their land or not) Secondly, why would the park remove Top Gun just to put in a new coaster on it and the campground`s spot? True, Top Gun may require a hike to get to the station, but it is still a thrilling and fun ride. It would be sad to see the last Arrow Dynamic suspended coaster leave the park. Personally, I don`t see it going anywhere anytime soon.

The Beast sits on 35 acres. Of those, I don`t know how many are wooded. A lot of the land The Beast sits on would be difficult to build a midway on top of because of the topography. And why would they want to build a ride back by The Beast, that would ruin the ride.

First of all, there is not enoughr room behind Boomerang Bay to build a new campgroud because Western Row Road is not too far to the south of the water park. Additionally, the grassy area in front of the water park and beyond the deep south park lot lacks trees for a campground (and it might not even be PKI`s land, I`m not sure if that is part of their land or not) Secondly, why would the park remove Top Gun just to put in a new coaster on it and the campground`s spot? True, Top Gun may require a hike to get to the station, but it is still a thrilling and fun ride. It would be sad to see the last Arrow Dynamic suspended coaster leave the park. Personally, I don`t see it going anywhere anytime soon.

The Beast sits on 35 acres. Of those, I don`t know how many are wooded. A lot of the land The Beast sits on would be difficult to build a midway on top of because of the topography. And why would they want to build a ride back by The Beast, that would ruin the ride.

the area in front of part of Boomerang Bay is property of the city of Mason, not park property.

I wasn't talking about expanding into The Beast area. I was just wondering how much of the undeveloped land is acutally available for expansion.

I don't remember where I read it, but I heard something about the new Lodge and indoor waterpark being built where the campground is now, and the campground moving. But we can't believe all rumors we read!

Yes, the rumor is that the Great Wolf Lodge would be built on the current site of the PKI Campground with the park possibly relocating the campground elsewhere. If anyone took the recent survey from Paramount Parks, it focused on campgrounds, and restaurants.

I thought I remembered hearing somewhere that the grassy area was not owned by the park. Thanks pkiDelirium for clearing that up.

My source also said that the Lodge will include a 40,000 square foot conference center, a 74,000 square foot indoor water park and 401 hotel suites. But I was thinking - 74,000 square feet is just under two acres. I believe an acre is 200x200, or 40,000 square feet. So thats not very big. So I wouldn't count on having anything really spectacular in it - thats enough room for a full sized pool and a few slides. But it would be cool if it was open all year around! And open to pass-holders! biggrin.gif

As of 2:45 P.M., the IJST land clearing smells like FISH DUNG near the entrance of Coney Mall. It's hard to believe that that plot of land is actually that large. It's massive!! Scooters is gone, its foundation remains as a pile of broken-up concrete. Hard to believe Eagles are actually gone.

This coaster is going to look 1) really sweet or 2) like a new chandelier in an old haunted house.

Correct me if I am wrong, but where the Eagles used to be will be the loading station right? And the unload will be where the roadside cafe is. I think the launch will go toward HB/Nick, then go into that big upward helix in the parking garage. I am just trying to get an idea of how the ride will be layed out. I don't think we will see any vertical construction before Nov 7.

I don`t know where exactly the station will be located. Additionally, I`m not positive if the park is removing Preston T. Tucker`s Roadside Cafe. The theme of the restautant ties in with the new ride. If only that place had either an indoor eating area or more seats outside, it would be quite a popular place to dine (also if it was open more often, it seems to be closed a lot.) I don`t think we`ll see any vertical construction in the next two weeks either, especially since no footers have been poured yet.

I`ve heard that Antique Treats and the basketball game next to the treat stand will be removed for IJST. However, I have not heard about Tucker`s leaving. IT will be interesting to see Coney Mall next season after all the changes. It will definantly look different. This is the first major ride to impact Coney mall since Dodgems, Zephyr and Skylab were built in 1986. The Action FX Theater and FoF were not built directly on the midway and did not effect the main midway like IJST will.

I`ve heard that Antique Treats and the basketball game next to the treat stand will be removed for IJST. However, I have not heard about Tucker`s leaving. IT will be interesting to see Coney Mall next season after all the changes. It will definantly look different. This is the first major ride to impact Coney mall since Dodgems, Zephyr and Skylab were built in 1986. The Action FX Theater and FoF were not built directly on the midway and did not effect the main midway like IJST will.

who says the entrance is in the coney midway?

I already know where the entrance is and I don't think the location matters. Coney wasn't affected by FOF and AFXT because they're out in the middle of nowhere, whereas IJST is going to be right in the middle of area. Coney will look different as some stuff will be moved and things will probably be added to add to the themeing. I, myself, still don't know if Tucker's is going to stay in place. It seems to me like they would need that little bit of land it's sitting on.

Guest linkinpark89
I already know where the entrance is and I don't think the location matters. Coney wasn't affected by FOF and AFXT because they're out in the middle of nowhere, whereas IJST is going to be right in the middle of area. Coney will look different as some stuff will be moved and things will probably be added to add to the themeing. I, myself, still don't know if Tucker's is going to stay in place. It seems to me like they would need that little bit of land it's sitting on.

Or they might Re-theme tuckers to blend in with the new ride area and renovate the whole area to mix in with the current theming of the new attraction, and build onto the resturaunt and have a whole new patio...... cool.gif.....just a thought

It`s not that far fetched for the park to add onto Tucker`s for next season. With a major new attraction in the center of the park, it would make sense to have an expanded eatery near that location. True, there is the LaRosa`s pizza right over in Rivertown but the seating there, like at Tucker`s is limited. Will they add on to Tucker`s? I doubt it, but I wouldn`t rule out anything until the park opens next season.

There isnt enough room for `tiques between AE/FOF/Racer. Basically you have racer/maintenance road/FOF/maintenance road/AE/SOB/Gun. Thats about it. As for room, you MIGHT have a hillside or two in there somewhere. But realistically, we need those roads. Thats the only way we can get to that side of the park.