Happy Birthday, Beast!

DonHelbig

I was thinking that exact same thing.... I am truly hoping the park does something more for the 35th, than they did for the 30th, by doing nothing more than putting a sign up on the fence that probably 90% of the GP never even saw. The problem with the 30th, is it got its thunder TOTALLY stolen by Diamondback. I can certainly see the same thing happening this year.

• Like 2

2009 was different CF management, now we see a bright new era. They are already doing a small little tribute to DB and The Beast this year with their hot sauces. Sure this could be side stepped or overlooked but I personally feel a little more might be done for The Beast this year. The park has invested LOTS of money into several different things throughout the park, this year (with most of focus being Action Zone of course), why not toss a little money towards The Beast, to give it maybe something special! Maybe something as small as repainting The Beast paw prints in the cement, up to having large amounts of changes to station/line queue and or fair amount of wood replaced on the ride. Heck, maybe a new entrance sign for the ride!

I feel The Beast will get more loving now, than it did in 2009.

• Like 4

Even though The Beast was overshadowed by Diamondback for its 30th, the park DID give it some love- they rebuilt the entrance plaza for the ride (with a new sign), and they re-tracked the final helix. I'd say that was a fair amount of love...yet it still got overlooked, since you know, a $22 million dollar B&M Hypercoaster opened up that year- that sort of thing is ALWAYS going to get the most attention.

And, with a $24 million dollar B&M Invert opening up in Action Zone...sigh, another Beast birthday that will be overshadowed. Then again, we've been getting new coasters on each major anniversary now, so that's nice for us I suppose...'cuz it makes it easy to guess when we are getting another new ride.

Also- HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAST! :P

• Like 6

After reading posts here, I suddenly feel like poor Beast must feel like Jan on the Brady Bunch. It's all about Diamondback and now Banshee. Poor Beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Banshee, Banshee, Banshee!" (stomping foot & flipping hair)

Rode it first time a few months after it opened; High school Spanish club made a trip. My first coaster. Been in love with it ever since.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I will be 30 in August. I believe Terpy because Gil asked earlier if he, Tom, and I could have front seat. He BEGGED. Ride op said yes lol

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

I'm not twice that. Yet. Less than 2 years away...

It seems like only yesterday, not 35 years ago, that I rode Beast the first time. I hope to be around and able to ride it on its 70th! :)

So Terpy's age is 58 or older, but less than 60. When The Beast is 70 years old, Terpy will be at least 93. I would pay for a ticket to get in that day to watch Terpy ride The Beast, when The Beast turns 70 (hopefully won't be the first time I meet Terpy)! Heck, i'd pay extra to ride on the same train as him (when The Beast turns 70)!

My oh my how the park will change between now and then... Hopefully all in a good way! They best not get rid of The Beast between now and then too!

• Like 5

Or rid of The Terpster! They already have the tombstone.

Terp...snickers while We Like To Party by the Venga Boys eerily plays like a memory in a 2049 Coney Mall...Is there a clock on the front of Fest Haus? What sign is on the front of the park? How many coasters? Are soft drinks sold? How much is one? Are there cars out front? Is there a parking lot? Is there a Terp there?

Terp who likes to ask questions.

• Like 5

Or rid of The Terpster! They already have the tombstone.

Terp...snickers while We Like To Party by the Venga Boys eerily plays like a memory in a 2049 Coney Mall...Is there a clock on the front of Fest Haus? What sign is on the front of the park? How many coasters? Are soft drinks sold? How much is one? Are there cars out front? Is there a parking lot? Is there a Terp there?

Terp who likes to ask questions.

To answer your questions.

1. No

2. 24.825 coasters

3. Yes

4. $0.99

5. Nope

6. Absolutely Not

7. Yep

• Like 4

Sure it's not Disney's Universal Six Flags Cincinnati?

Hotdog! I could live with that! Not saying their's nothing wrong with CF but those 3 controlling the Mason based theme/amusement park! Although I feel as though Universal would remove all old rides as Disney tries to keep them... As for Six Flags, i'm not to sure on.