Plus size riders, what can I ride?

SheilaET

I am happy to announce that I was able to fit on any ride at Kings Island with almost no struggle except for WindSeeker, that one was a little annoying for whatever reason. Banshee I could fit any row. :3

That's great! I totally understand the whole ride anxiety thing. I gained a bunch of wieght over the winter and while I haven't been able to ride many of the bigger rides this year since my ride buddy is only 6 (just one more inch to grow until Banshee though!!!), I lived in constant fear of the whole "2nd click" ordeal on Racer and Beast for the first few visits this summer. Finally though I just decided that I don't care anymore and to stop letting it ruin my fun time. On the upside, all the walking this summer must have done me some good because I can second click myself on Beast for the past few weeks.

• Like 5

Another question, How does Cedar Point compare to Kings Island with weight on rides? Like if I can ride everything at Kings Island, should I be able to ride everything at Cedar Point? Or are they harder with bigger people? I have a month, so if they have tighter restraints I am going to just keep trying to lose weight.

• Like 1

Another question, How does Cedar Point compare to Kings Island with weight on rides? Like if I can ride everything at Kings Island, should I be able to ride everything at Cedar Point? Or are they harder with bigger people? I have a month, so if they have tighter restraints I am going to just keep trying to lose weight.

Coasters or not......if you are doing a correct diet/exercise regime, continue for the sake of your health and lifestyle.

As for your question....if your good at one, you'll generally be good at the other or vice versa.

• Like 2

Coasters or not......if you are doing a correct diet/exercise regime, continue for the sake of your health and lifestyle.

As for your question....if your good at one, you'll generally be good at the other or vice versa.

Not to be rude or anything, but health and weight have nothing really to do with one another, at least with me. All of my heath and blood work is fantastic, I just have weight do to medication I take, and along with not being able to walk for a year do to having intense knee surgery. But yes I will continue, and riding rides is a motivation for me, but it at times it is hard for me as some of the issues are out of my control as I already eat very healthily, and exercise at least 30 minutes a day, but anyway, thanks for the answer. It does mean a lot.

I will just try to exercise more, and maybe somehow get a few more pounds off of me, if the stars align, by next month :3

• Like 2

I second The Interpreter. I can easily fit on everything at KI but the seatbelts on MF and TTD give me trouble every time. Between my wide hips and the placement of the seatbelt, I tend to need help with it. The lap bars are fine, just the seatbelt. Also, depending on your upper body, you may have trouble with Wicked Twister. It may take some maneuvering.

• Like 1

When I last went to CP I was probably 25-35 pounds lighter but the only ride I had severe trouble on was the antique cars. Not sure if there was a problem with the belt but it barely fit across me and the seat....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have not rode TTD, but I know Millennium Force was the only ride I was close to not fitting in easily. The seats are not very forgiving at all. I had better success on the right side (loafing side) on Millie.

Wicked Twister fits snugly. Make sure you are sitting all the way back. You might have to cross your legs at your ankles to stretch out your body a little more. If you're short it's a pain to jump up into.

It's hard to lose weight when you are on meds or have other health related things going on that prevent you from being as active as you could be to exercise effectively. I finally have my health issues at bay and am very active weight is coming off slowly. However, slow weight loss is far better than a quick weight loss.

Great job on the progress you've made.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, for me it is unclear if I will ever get off the meds I take. I suffer from anxiety/depression, and when I am off of them, I get really bad, so I have to live with very slow weight lose if at all. But I am trying my best. I am happy to be able to ride everything at KI, and if I have to, I will invest in some body shapers for Cedar Point and see if I can decrease a few inches that way. As of right now, I am 38 inches in waist, 25ish in thighs, and I have about 44 inch hips. I will just have to continue to live an active life style and eat right and we will see where it takes me. Thanks guys. You are great!

• Like 1

I have Anxiety over silly little things. Like if tomorrow I was to be going to KI, I would be excited but so nervous (for no good reason) that my mouth is really dry, I can't eat anything and I usually feel quite sick. Some cases I get so bad I am shaking and freezing... I have started to work on that though. I usually question myself, why am I so nervous? Nothing is going to hurt me and I am going to have a great day! It does help a little...

Depression, I question some things and why do they have to be this way... I do a fair job at overcoming that, though, I usually will try listening to something upbeat or happy, but if that doesn't help, I will start with something slow and sad and slowly try and work my way up. Very rarely do I go all day being sad and depressed. Night time is usually when I feel some depression... Like right now, but I work myself out of it. I am almost always a happy go lucky person though. I feel as though it is almost my job to make sure others are happy too. :)

Now for the weight loss, the main thing I can think of is eat less and don't snack between meals. It sounds very hard and it can be but the key is, not to focus on it. If you start feeling hungry, maybe try playing on your computer or phone or something. If you have a gaming console or handheld, play some games on that as well. These can also help with the Depression. If you drink pop, switch to Coke Zero, the taste isn't that great at first but just keep drinking it and then it won't be as bad. What made my weight loss the hardest was my family, they are quite negative towards each other or me if anyone says anything about a diet or weight loss. They always say "you will never do it! You won't do it!" So instead of saying anything about me trying to loose weight, I just did it! The other day right before I was leaving for KI, My sister said something about how that shirt made me look slimmer, and that made my day because I knew I was slimmer. :)

Should be worth noting by no means am I skinny (yet...) and by no means am I psychically fit. My top concern at the moment is weight loss and turning my life around. Which as for my life as of recent seems to be heading in the wrong direction...

At the end of the day, be yourself! Try and do whatever is best for you! I'll be here if you need some support. :)

• Like 1

Unfortunately, for me it is unclear if I will ever get off the meds I take. I suffer from anxiety/depression, and when I am off of them, I get really bad, so I have to live with very slow weight lose if at all. But I am trying my best. I am happy to be able to ride everything at KI, and if I have to, I will invest in some body shapers for Cedar Point and see if I can decrease a few inches that way. As of right now, I am 38 inches in waist, 25ish in thighs, and I have about 44 inch hips. I will just have to continue to live an active life style and eat right and we will see where it takes me. Thanks guys. You are great!

I started gaining weight when I was on medication for anxiety and depression. Well done on getting help. That's hard to do.

I have been off my meds for a couple of years now. I did not think I could get "well" enough to get off the meds. I know I am absolutely blessed that I have gotten to this point.

I do want to add, some people have other issues than what I have. Some may have chemical imbalances creating the life time need to be on medication. The cause of my anxiety and depression was due to a family crisis, it was classified as situational anxiety and depression. July 25 marks the 11th year of the start of changes in my life. It was the day I stood up for my family and got my voice.

Please note: I got extensive therapy (years of it) prior to going off my meds. Never take yourself off medications for anxiety and / or depression without consulting your doctor 1st.

Sorry to go on like that, just thought it might be an encouragement to know you're not alone.

• Like 4

I just want to make a little shout-out for Wellbutrin XL. Unlike most antidepressants which can make you gain weight, it can actually act as a weight loss aid. To the point they won't prescribe it to people with a prior history of anorexia. It is part of the reason I was able to lose an extra eighty pounds I was carrying around for ten years. It can also help with other addictions, like smoking (not that I smoked).

One of the really good things about it, is that since my weight loss came about gradually (about a pound a week over a couple years), as I modified my general relationship to food and started counting calories, I have kept the weight off even after no longer taking it (or any other antidepressant).

I would recommend anyone who is both unhappy with their weight and on an antidepressant that they aren't entirely happy with to at least talk to their doctor about trying Wellbutrin. It really did help change my life.

• Like 4

I shall contact my doctor about that next time I go,maybe I will be able to switch, but it is all up to him, as he may not want to break something that is already working. For me my anxiety/depression started with the death of my brother. On top of that, I tour almost all the ligament in my knee shortly after, MCL, ACL, and meniscus, all at once. I was playing basketball, my favorite sport. They told me that the surgery was intense but that I should be back on my feet in about 4 months. Well, when I had the surgery, something horrible went wrong, and they were unable to repair the ligament as they were planned as my body had a bad reaction (I honestly don't understand the whole extent of it), but I ended up being in a wheelchair for a whole year, and in physical therapy for a year and a half because they had to repair the ligaments with other tendents in my body. Having to sit around, not being able to do anything, right after your brother passes away, is the worst thing imaginable. I wouldn't wish it on the worst enemies.

But in short, I ended up getting very depressed, and having anxiety because after being cooped up all summer and seeing nobody but your parents for 3 months, seeing people is not the best thing imaginable, along with doing stuff outside my own bubble

I gained 30 pounds from just not being able to walk alone, and then another 10 on top of that after I got on the medication. It sucks, but it is life. Crap happens. I'm alive, I can walk, I am not going to let some pills get me down, and keep me away from one of my favorite things in the world, Roller Coasters :3

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

I went today and here are some things I noticed while riding with two of my friends. (one in which is 6'3 ft and 260 pounds and the other 6 ft and 290-300 pounds)

Diamondback: My friend who was 6'3 and 260 pounds had no problem getting on but my other friend who is 290 lbs. was asked to get off. They usually listen and push for three clicks but could only get two.

Vortex: If you are taller than 6ft and/or have larger thighs, I recommend sitting in the front of your cart. When you get on there is 4 seats, two in front, two in back. The front has a lot more room.

Mystic Timbers: Same as Diamondback. If you're above 290, you might not be able to go onto it. My friend who is 260 lbs was able to ride.

White River Canyon: I am 150 pounds and was not able to fit with my 290 lb. friend. My sister, who is 110 lbs, was fine to sit with my friend. I could snuggly fit next to my 260 lbs friend.

WindSeeker: Rode with my 260lb friend. They pushed down a bit harder on their restraints before the ride started. Im assuming my 290 lb friend wouldn't be able to ride.

Invertigo/Racer/Adventure Express/Beast: All rides were fine with both my friends. Was a bit of a tight squeeze but they enjoyed the rides.

Flight of Fear: Went with my 260 lb friend and they fit fine. If you have wide feet, your feet might be slightly uncomfortable. Assumed since it was tighter squeeze that my other friend wouldn't be able to ride it. But you can enter through the exit to check the seats if you want or need.

Delerium: Went with my 260 lbs friend and was fine. I assume my other friend would've been fine but was too frightened!

The Bat: The same as The Vortex, if you are taller I would sit in the front of the ride rather than the back.

Banshee: Both friends could ride. Yet my 290 lbs friend was very uncomfortable as they tried to push it down! My other friend said the restraints were tight! If you have larger thighs it might squeeze them a bit. But overall this ride was fun for them.

I hoped this helped! :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am a little worried about my trip to KI this Friday. My husband and I received both Holiday World tickets and Kings Island tickets from family this past May for our graduation from college. While at first I was really excited that we were going to both of these wonderful parks... This past weekend I had a huge "walk of shame moment" at Holiday World. We went with my in-laws as they had been planning to go, and we obviously went to the Thunderbird first. I didn't think to try the test seat because usually after a little bit of a push I fit into the ride just fine. However, I was extremely mistaken. We waited almost an hour and I even waited a little longer to make sure I got in the 2nd or 3rd row with the longer belts. Since it's a winged coaster, you really have to pull yourself up into the seat. That should have been my first sign I was gonna have issues. I am close to 280 pounds, 5'3, with a 49'' waist, 54" hip and 52" bust. I measured my thighs at 28 inches around... Keep in mind that my weight and size has been about the same for almost 3 years. Each year I have visited Holiday World and rode that darn ride with NO ISSUES. However, this time around I could manage to hop into the seat, but not scoot back all the way. And despite trying to explain that to the ride op, and sitting in embarrassment as he tried (and failed) to buckle me; I was asked to leave. 

Although I fit onto every other ride just fine; this was my first time ever experiencing this and it officially has me paranoid for Kings Island this weekend. Now I do plan on trying out the test seats beforehand, I must ask the obvious question...

What coasters should I worry about? Am I just worrying too much?

Back in 2015 I was still around the same size and I rode The Vortex and Outer Limits without any hassle.

But I didn't bother with Banshee or Diamondback because I was afraid of my size. (I know about Banshee Row 4 and will definitely try that if I fit in test seat)

Somewhat tried getting onto The Beast, and I'm sure they would have had me covered, but I wanted to breathe

I am trying not to overthink all this but I really would like any advice I can get. 

Banshee has identical seats to Thunderbird. Diamondback has a pretty easy test seat, but Diamondback, WindSeeker, and Banshee are typically the hardest to fit. Followed by Flight of Fear. But it all depends on your proportions...

Beast and Racer the bar has to go down two clicks, but if you cross your ankles to make sure your legs aren't blocking the part of the lap bar that connects to the side of the train your good. Everyones legs look like this // when they sit to make room for that bar that would be on one side. Yours should be like this X so the bar has room to go down next to your legs. But you'll likely be fine on it. If you were fine on Vortex and FOF before, nothing has changed with those.

Diamondback really doesn't but barely touch my stomach. It shuts on the tops of your thighs just above the knees, so you can have a bit of a gut if your upper legs are smaller and still get by. But just use the test seats if you're not sure.

Also any ride will let you go up the exit to see if you fit. But you really shouldn't have any issues except for what I listed.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Guess, I am back asking questions again... I recently gained a bit of weight since I previously posted. I now stand at 220 and got a pass to KI.

I haven't gone for a while but I do want to go and experience it since I did buy a pass.. I am just nervous about it. I know you guys cannot tell me 100% that will work but if someone has similar measurements to me maybe my mind can be relieved a bit. I am aware there are test seats. I will use them, this is just to see if someone can tell me that they have rode it with similar measurements. My measurements are as followed: Waist: 44 inch Hips: 50 inches Bust: 50 inches Thighs: 28 inches around

I have fit before but that was a few inches ago.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hploviedovie said:

Guess, I am back asking questions again... I recently gained a bit of weight since I previously posted. I now stand at 220 and got a pass to KI.

I haven't gone for a while but I do want to go and experience it since I did buy a pass.. I am just nervous about it. I know you guys cannot tell me 100% that will work but if someone has similar measurements to me maybe my mind can be relieved a bit. I am aware there are test seats. I will use them, this is just to see if someone can tell me that they have rode it with similar measurements. My measurements are as followed: Waist: 44 inch Hips: 50 inches Bust: 50 inches Thighs: 28 inches around

I have fit before but that was a few inches ago.

What do you guys think?

Hello, I am around 255-260ish i can fit on everything fine except Drop Tower other than that i have rode every coaster at Ki Cp, Kd, Kk Hw, Dw with no problems! Hope this helps! :D 

52 minutes ago, hploviedovie said:

So it's me again. I'm at the park atm. I was able to get on everything so far but Flight of Fear is a long wait. If I fit Banshee and Diamondback and The Racer and beast... Are the chances are I'll fit on FOF? 

You should be fine. But just have think about whether FoF is worth the wait or not. xD I tend to only go on it when the park is very dead. I'd rather ride a few other coasters than FoF one time, in that amount of time.

• Like 1