Season Long Dining Plan

PKIVortex

Most of the time I don't even eat inside the park. I'll usually head up the road and grab something from one of the places off of Kings Mills.

The season long dining plan isn't that bad of a deal if you think about it...$85 will pay for itself in a handful of visits if you spend $15 each time you eat. I stopped in Larosas in Rivertown and was between $10-$11 for two slices of pizza and breadsticks, this including of course the 10% discount for being a gold or platinum passholder. It was $13.49 for the same thing including a drink.

Sorry if this has been discussed already but... from your experience, does the season long meal deal include the drink or do you have to purchase that separately? I was just thinking of that...

They haven't made that very clear. It's not listed in the blerb on the website or hand out. But it's not listed as being included for the all-day pass either. I've used it 6 times. I've gotten a drink 3 of the 6 times. One time I was handed a drink but then asked to pay for it at the counter. I don't particularly mind... I would just like to know what I'm getting.

Sorry if this has been discussed already but... from your experience, does the season long meal deal include the drink or do you have to purchase that separately? I was just thinking of that...

I just checked the website for the All-Day Dining Plan (no mention of the Season Long Dining Plan at all) and it only mentions the entree and the side, nothing about the drink. If this is the case, getting the souvenir cup the first time for the $9.99 on the website and refilling for $.99 the entire season seems like a good supplement to this.

• Like 1

We purchased 4 of these for our family yesterday. Confusion was running rampant throughout the park yesterday afternoon. The woman that sold them to us at the ticket counter said it was unlimited visits with 2 hour breaks between each. Other info says it is 2 meals per trip with at least a two hour break between the 2. Some places give drinks others do not. Some look at you and have no idea what you are talking about, lol.

We will be stopping by Guest Relations when we arrive at the park this morning to sort everything out. At the very least I feel the people in the ticket booth should have the correct info.

• Like 3

The plan is still being worked out, but what I was told in Guest Relations was that the plan ended with the regular season calendar (Labor Day weekend) and is not good for Haunt. They also said that drinks are not included because the souvenir cup deal is a better value (ie they are pushing that upsell heavily). I think what will make it confusing for a while for those in food is that now KI offers these meal deals with a drink, so some on here may get an offered drink for the early part of the season. At the Chicken Shack, the workers at the time I was there knew for a fact the drink wasn't included. What is strange is you do have to tell the cashier that you have the meal plan, at least on my experience, because when it was used it came up with a price. When I explained I had the meal plan, they had to void that sale and ring it up differently.

• Like 1

The answer may change as they continue to refine the system, but when I bought mine yesterday, they said you get 2 meals and had to be a 2 hour wait between them for the season long dining plan.

Oh yea, and no surprise here, like Fun Perks, this is being tested at Kings Island only this year to figure out if it makes sense (or cents) and to work out the issues before going chain-wide. If it has the issues of Fun Perks, expect that this will be the only year we see it!

• Like 1

Ok. Due to numerous complaints yesterday the park had a sit down with food services. They said things SHOULD be better today.

The plan is TWO meals per visit with at least two hours between them. Drinks are NOT included. You are entitled to any entree on the menu (of participating restaurants) and ONE side. This was told to us at 11:00 AM by the nice man standing outside of Guest Services.

• Like 5

I've heard 90 minutes between visits, I've also heard 2 hours. Please report back to us and let us know Billy.

Two hour wait for the season long plan. 90 minute wait for the one day meal plan

Which makes NO sense to me. Having different wait times for each plan only serves to confuse people—both guests and employees. Why not just pick one or the other and use it for both?

• Like 3

I agree. Why do pass holders have to wait 30 minutes longer? It's interesting that they keep choosing KI for testing stuff - Fast Lane, Fun Perks, now dining plans. Let's hope this test has a better outcome than Fun Perks does.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've used it 6 times.

The meal plan offers up to two meals per day, and KI has (as of this post) operated for two days. How have you used it six times?

My wife, daughter, and I all have passes with the meal plan. We got a meal on each pass on Friday and Saturday staggered by an hour or so. It's a wonderful deal and actually ads to my enjoyment of the park quite a bit. I wouldn't mind paying more to have the drink included because I hate that plasticy taste from the souvieneer cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

The two plans have different wait times because they are different plans. The season long plan, unlike the one day plan, is not unlimited. That makes the wait time a moot point for me as I am not going to use up my meals in that short of a time span.

This thing is in its "try it out" phase. I foresee it being tweaked and changed throughout the entire season.

• Like 5

So I bought this yesterday, I would really like to see a list of what exact items at each location constitute as an entree or a side? Like in Festhaus can you get mozzarella sticks and count that as your entree? Or at Jukebox Diner, can you get one of those containers of mixed fruit and count that as an entree?

• Like 1

Last season, I spent $45.32 (after taxes) on food at Kings Island. This doesn't include $27.99 I spent on a meal/drink/event ticket for the KIC event in June. Had this year's prices been in effect, I would have paid $55.87 for the same food after a 10% discount.

I also spent $36.81 on food on my way to or from the park, and I received free food on one visit from winning a "Tweetup" contest.

Will know more when we go back Sunday.

If you mean this upcoming Sunday, hopefully you have a ticket for the private event scheduled that day. (The park will be closed to the public.)

Sorry if someone posted; but was there on Friday. Has anyone else noticed a SIGNIFICANT increase in the food prices? Family of 4 eating 2 specials, 2 kids meals at the Chic-Fil-A... Almost $50. Same order at the Tylersville Rd. Chic-Fil-A (with unlimited refills, i might add)- $21.70.

Can someone comment to that? We go to Magic Kingdom every year and it costs less to eat at "Be Our Guest" (fast service, though still "sit down.")

Some places did increase. What the park has really marketed are the combos. You are not requred to buy the selected combos however, making items cheaper.

In most instances for what you get the combo is cheaper, however, there are times when you do not need a combo (say I just want a burrito at Hanks, etc.)

Right now best bang for your buck and service IMO is Reds Grille. 8.99 or so for most entrees that are reasonably sized, same ish price for a drink but unlimited refills (I think I had four glasses of Mello Yello), and good service ontop of it. Plus the food there is excellent. I've had a few different burgers there that are fantastic. They even have the great Montgomery Inn pulled pork, and their Ribs, which Terp had yesterday and said they were fantastic.

My only complaint for Reds Grille is at times crowded especially during games and for half priced beers, and ontop of it the whole parks beer selection is not available. I'd love to have a Shock Top or Angry Orchard with an appetizer, but for now I'll take a good old Stella Cidre. Oh and last thing, fulls service bar. Man would it be great to finish the day with a Manhattan or even just an sahara dry Martini.