Season Long Dining Plan

PKIVortex

I do have a picture of the full list of items available but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it on here.

Posting information released by the park is (of course) allowed.

Generally, the source should be mentioned. If it's an online source (park's website, park's Twitter account, etc), a link should be provided.

If you work for the park, you need to make sure that what you are sharing is actually public. There have been misunderstandings.

Do you have to pay taxes when you get your meal?

Sales tax is collected on the price of the meal plan at the time of purchase.

There is no additional tax when redeeming a meal on the plan. Extras you might purchase when redeeming (drinks, snacks, etc) would, of course, incur sales tax.

• Like 2

The family and I went to Kings Island for our first visit yesterday and being big fans of the Disney Dinning Plan over the years we were excited to purchase and see various dinning plans showing up at Kings Island. Sure as we hope we save money over the year but the big selling point for us is connivence and I have no doubt we will spend more in the park when it is all said and done with any savings we may earn by having more pocket cash from lack of cash to be spent on meals in future visits.

So yesterday was day one, in a nut shell we are pleased with how it worked and excited to know how the plan will work for us especially knowing we no longer have to meet up for meals or anticipate cash to send with family members if we know they will be away during meal times. We could tell the program is new and that possible changes will occur and honestly I hope the park does make some adjustments in their offerings as they see will work in their plan as the plans roll out and possibly offer season long drinks with or even without the meals as an up-charge.

We were not offered the cole slaw with a couple meals my family got even after I requested something different than fries and now after reading over the list we should received coleslaw with a couple of our meals. We wish there was a bit more flexibility especially if there is an item like fries that one of us does not care for do to diet restrictions. At the Chicken Shack they offer a salad which I really would have enjoyed due to my diet desires and to have a lighter more balanced meal. The thing is it was a cheeper meal than what they offer with other meals but it was not available as an option for the season long plan. I wish there were more healthier options available or at least one per location. I could see if it was more expensive but in many cases they are not. We would have enjoyed having a menu over to the side that we could have looked at as we entered each location for a meal as we are new to this as well and find ourselves having to ask as we order what we can have and feel guilty to hold up the line as they explain what we can have and make our decision on the fly. In some cases the employees had to double check to make sure what they were telling us was in fact correct. In our opinion the La Rosa Pizza was not of good value or a choice unless we wanted a lighter meal. They offered 2 slices of pizza but to be honest those slices are very small and together could be counted as a single slice from other pizza places we go to that sell by the slice, in addition we get to bread sticks with dipping sauce if they have it (we were told they were out at the time we went at the International Street location). We hope they adjust the offering at La Rosa's to include a small side salad or at least offer the side salad as an option over the bread sticks, too much bread in one serving for me.

In closing when we look down the list of meal offerings at various locations we do notice better nutritional options are left off and we sincerely hope they work to include more of those choices or options in the future as we hope they adjust. We absolutely love having a dinning plan as an option as it works for our lifestyle so we are very happy to have this now at Kings Island and can see us purchasing a plan year after year as long as they offer it. The daily plan for us is not ideal for us as it forces us to have more cash on hand with every visit versus a high one time at the beginning of the year. We enjoyed the plan and if everything stays the way it is now we will still be happy and feel it is a good choice for us but honestly it does need tweaked a bit going forward to include a few better side options and to have a few more healthier meals available rom a few locations.

• Like 10

Alright so Cedar Points dining plan has a page you can download that breaks everything down. I only checked the all day play and not season plan but it says drinks are not a part of the plan. I tried to find the same print out that Cedar Point has on Kings Islands site but it just lists the icons next to the locations.

As an informed fan of Kings Island, I'm glad they guinea pig stuff at Kings Island. I get to see all of the new ideas first and if there are glitches... hey, at least I got to try it first. :)

yes, KI is the experiment park for Cedar Fair; Fast Lane, season pass dining plan, and the Fast Pay ( http://www.toledoblade.com/Culture/2013/08/13/Leave-walletin-hotel-spendmore-at-park.html#kz0SbM7oFdoqil3j.99 )

Let's not forget the FUN Perks thing they did, a couple years ago! (2012 I think?) Where the more you visit/spend the better the deals.

edit: Thanks Terpy!

We purchased our meal plans yesterday. It seems to be a very good deal. While at guest services, they let me look at the list of the foods available from each participating vendor. When I asked them to make a copy for me (so that, being the parents of 4 teens, I could plan ahead), they said they couldn't give me a copy...even if I paid for it. For lunch, we went to the Festhaus. Basically, since they have dinners with sides, you're set. You can, however, exchange the fries for one of the items in the cooler. For supper, we went to the Burrito place. We ordered HUGE taco salads and received chips/salsa on the side. None of us was able to finish the meal.

• Like 5

As an informed fan of Kings Island, I'm glad they guinea pig stuff at Kings Island. I get to see all of the new ideas first and if there are glitches... hey, at least I got to try it first. :)

yes, KI is the experiment park for Cedar Fair; Fast Lane, season pass dining plan, and the Fast Pay ( http://www.toledoblade.com/Culture/2013/08/13/Leave-walletin-hotel-spendmore-at-park.html#kz0SbM7oFdoqil3j.99 )

Let's not forget the FUN Perks thing they did, a couple years ago! (2012 I think?) Where the more you visit/spend the better the deals.

Thanks. ! I forgot about the Fun Perks program experiment.

edit: Thanks Terpy!

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

• Like 2

Just want to add that the season dining plan was a no brainer for us. It will increase our number of visits this year. Paying up front means that money for food is one less thing to worry about when making a spur of the moment trip. All we basically need to buy is a tank of Gas. We hate having to leave the park and normally eat there anyways. The higher prices this year would have drastically lowered our number of trips.

• Like 6

If my 3 year old and 5 year old were charged half price this deal would be a no brainer, and I take it that sharing with a toddler is a no-no, so still undecided for now.

Depends on if you are referring to the daily unlimited or the season long.

No sharing on the daily is to be expected but the season long is two meals a day.

I purchased 5 season long plans for my family of 7 as my 18 month and 4 year old don't eat much. The lady that sold them to us didn't mind as it was only two meals per day and what we did with them was up to us. So far, its still too much food depending on where we eat.

• Like 2

I think most of us understand that this is new and changes will most likely be made as they evaluate what works in a variety of ways. I think constructive posts about how it works for you or the family can actually be helpful. Also if one has suggestions on what you would like to see added in offerings may be helpful as well. As long as it is constructive I see no problems sharing our thoughts here or that one may make suggestions straight to the park.

For my family we feel it is a great value. We are hopping they add more side item choices for a more balanced meal as in salad or fruit, in fact we would love to see more dinner salad choices available especially at the Chicken Shack and at Coconut Grove Caf'e.

• Like 6