Season Long Dining Plan

PKIVortex

As someone mentioned before they should add a drink plan that doesn't include carrying around a cup everywhere.

Drinks are included. At least at the places we got our food from on Saturday.

Interesting. Is that the same for the all day plan at Kings Island?

I'm not sure but the logo for the plans were on the all the same combos and all they included drinks. So I'd imagine for now they include drinks on both plans. I know for certain that they do for the season long pass.

My understanding....

Single Meal Deal includes an entree, side item and drink for a one time use.

All Day Dining Plan includes and entree, side item and NO drink unlimited meals day of visit every 90 minutes.

Season Dining plan includes an entree, side item and NO drink 2 meals per visit with a 2 hour interval.

There is still some confusion with the staff since I inquired about the plans at Guest Services Friday and was given the above answer and still had to correct an associate at Potato Works that wasn't including the drink for a Single Meal Deal purchase.

• Like 4

My understanding....

Single Meal Deal includes an entree, side item and drink for a one time use.

All Day Dining Plan includes and entree, side item and NO drink unlimited meals day of visit every 90 minutes.

Season Dining plan includes an entree, side item and NO drink 2 meals per visit with a 2 hour interval.

There is still some confusion with the staff since I inquired about the plans at Guest Services Friday and was given the above answer and still had to correct an associate at Potato Works that wasn't including the drink for a Single Meal Deal purchase.

I got the season long pass and can confirm with 100% certainty drinks are included. It's on the signs on the physical menus at the locations and I used it twice as did my friend. So 4 out of 4 we got drinks.

So they still do not have this straightened out? Wow. Not doubting your experience at all.

We were told by Guest Services that the plan is only an entree and a side. No drink included because the park feels that the Souvenir Cup is the best drink value.

Perhaps it has changed, yet again. That is to be expected.

• Like 3

NO drinks included with the all-season plan. This is on all the literature and the website.

Well at Kings Island it's on the physical menu of the physical location of 2 of the eateries and me and friend got our drinks included both times. So while the website may say no drinks and the other parks may not include drink. I can assure you 100% that the cardboard and electronic menu's both had drinks included and we got them.

So... YES drinks were included.

The drinks are included in the platters that can be bought by anyone. They will obviously advertise this at the participating establishments via their menus.

Have you ever thought that maybe you wasn't supposed to get the drinks included?

As I stated above, I had to correct an associate that was refusing drinks to a single day meal pass holder.

Confusion does and will occur during roll-outs of new promotions.

• Like 2

The policy Kings Island is saying right now during a purchase of the Season Long Dinning is that the meals do NOT include drinks with the meals. I understand there is confusion as they are rolling out the Dining Plans so if some have/are give out drinks with the meals then the guest got a freebie according to the written policy and what is being disclosed right now at the time of purchase. As not to confuse guests or those who are thinking about buying the plan we need not add to the confusion. Just because some have we need to recognize that it was an error on that locations part in contrast to what the policy is right now as we know it.

Those who are considering the plan should check with the park for official policy and not by what is discussed here.

• Like 5

I think there is A LOT of confusion among the employees. The season long plan says "no drinks." I bought the season-long plan, and drinks were not included when I and my family ate at The Festhaus for lunch and Hank's Burrito Shack for supper. When I ate at the Festhaus, the cashier exclaimed, "Man, I have no idea how to ring this up with your pass!" :) A supervisor came over and helped him.

I know that some people have gotten drinks. I just think it's because the employees are learning the process.

• Like 2

Wow, hopefully they'll clear up the confusion by standardizing the program - and if they went WITH the drinks for the season long plan that would be great and I believe I'd pull the trigger. I *hate* having to carry those cups around the park all season! They're a huge PIA when you hit the rides w/o bins and all want to ride, especially since the only option is for somebody to hold them or to rent the lockers (one more up-charge).

• Like 5

As of our trip yesterday, the plans have paid for themselves.

The folks at Chicken Shack are hit and miss of the entire thing. Skyline was on it, even asked if we had the plan when we first walked up to pay. Nerver did get charged for filling up our Souvenir cups.

Today was our second visit using the dinning plan and so far, we have had absolutely no problems using it. Granted we have on used it for Pizza twice (FH and IS) and The Chicken Shack Twice. Hanks is on the list for next week.

I added the dining plan to my pass this morning at Guest services and they have flyers in a little bin on the counter which explain the plan a lot better then the website. Although even that still left me wondering like others have if those are my only food options. On the flyer under cost for the all season plan, "Renewal Pass From 2013: $72.00" so for those people who renewed their pass make sure you get the discounted price.

The back lists the food options. Which looks identical to the options someone else already posted. At the bottom it says "Menu subject to change. See menu board at each location for full listing of meal options." The problem is that the menu boards do not actually have any markings to show what is available as an option. So while what I wanted today was what was exactly listed on the Dining Plan flyer I am left wondering if I wanted to order a different side would it be an issue. As someone else pointed out they do not want fries with every meal.

I do hope the park opens up more options for drinks. I hate taking the souvenir cup around the park. I would be happy to pay 99 cents for a drink in a paper cup with the meal. I would also be happy to add on an option for unlimited drinks even if it is an additional $40 as long as I am not forced to use a souvenir cup.

• Like 2

They actually do have the meals you can get marked on the menu- it's the small dining plan logo that's on the flyer (by the part that says "Look for the Dining Plan symbol at participating locations throughout the park!"). The people working at Hank's yesterday were pretty knowledgable about what was included, if they don't know for sure if something is or not they should be able to check and find out for you.

• Like 1

Most places do indeed know exactly what is on the plan and what isn't. The problem I have is with clueless people at the register that do not listen when you say, "I have the season long dining plan". They look at you and ring you up for the meal.

The program is new so, it will either work or not. No big deal. Apparently they are having to deal with LOTS of angry/yelling customers. Such a shame that people today are so high strung.

• Like 3

Disney's seems quite complicated, judging from their website...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/2014/dining/

Disney Dining Plan

With your Disney Dining Plan, for each night of your package, each Guest in your party (ages 3 and up) receives:

1 Table-Service Meal

Each (adult or child) table-service meal includes:

1 entrée

1 dessert (lunch and dinner only)

1 single-serving, non-alcoholic beverage

Or

1 full buffet

1 Quick-Service Meal

Each quick-service meal includes:

1 entrée or 1 complete combo meal

1 dessert (lunch and dinner only)

1 single-serving, non-alcoholic beverage

1 Snack

Examples of snacks are: 1 frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single-serving box), single-serving bag of snacks, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, 22-oz. fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea, single-serving prepackaged milk or juice

Children ages 3-9 must order from a Children's Menu where available. Plan must be purchased for entire length of stay and for the entire party (ages 3+). Meals are non-transferable between party members and expire at midnight on day of check-out.

1 Resort-Refillable Drink Mug Per Person

Bring your Resort mug to any quick-service restaurant at your Disney Resort hotel and refill it as often as you like!

Dining Reservations

For reservations, book online, or call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. (Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.) Many of our table-service restaurants are quite popular and book quickly. Some may have limited or no availability when you call. We strongly suggest you make dining reservations in advance for the best options. Reservations are accepted at most Walt Disney World table-service restaurants, Signature Restaurants, Character Dining locations and Dinner Shows up to 180 days prior to arrival.

An accepted major credit card is required to guarantee reservations at certain locations. Reservations must be cancelled at least one day before the scheduled seating or a cancellation charge may be incurred (charge varies by location).

Special Dining Experiences

Your Disney Dining Plan allows each person in your party to trade meals for special dining experiences that your family will remember for a lifetime. See the exchanges below:

1 Table-Service Meal =

1 Character Dining Meal (except meals at Cinderella's Royal Table in Magic Kingdom theme park)

2 Table-Service Meals =

1 Signature Dining Experience (such as Citricos at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa)

Or

1 Character Dining Experience at Cinderella's Royal Table in Magic Kingdom theme park

Or

Private In-Room Dining at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts

Or

1 Disney Dinner Show (category 2 or 3 seating only, subject to availability)

Or

1 Pizza Delivery to your room at select Disney Moderate Resorts and Disney Value Resorts (Requires 2 adult table-service meal entitlements for each pizza.)

Or

1 Candlelight Dinner Package (Requires 2 adult table-service meal entitlements per person dining.)

4 Table-Service Meals =

1 Pizza Service at select Disney Deluxe Resorts (Includes one 16" pizza, 2 beverages, 2 appetizers and 2 desserts delivered to your room)

What's Not Included in Your Package?

Gratuity , except for pizza delivery, Private In-Room Dining, Dinner Shows and Cinderella's Royal Table.

Merchandise or photo-imaging products that may be offered at Character Dining experiences, except at Cinderella's Royal Table and Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.

And not everything is included, at least not as a snack credit.

BelgiumMenu2010.jpg

• Like 1

In the second picture everything is included except the alcohol products which no park that I know of does that. On second thought Disney does offer a bottle of wine with your meal if one chooses to upgrade their package.

The Disney Dinning Plan and almost all who have used it will tell you it is easy to use and understand. If when ording a counter service meal and it is hard to let them know what your side choice is like a side salad, fries, coleslaw, or fruit then I can accept from that person that it is hard. Keep in mind when comparing you get desert and a drink included for the price, oh and let's not forget you get snacks included in that plan as well. I am just talking about the counter service plan as that would be the only thing we can in anyway compare to Kings Island. The table service is awesome and not one restaurant we have eaten at has limited the menus to us and we have dinned at more of the Disney restaurants than we have not.

I love that Kings Island now has a dining plan and we will certainly enjoy our visits more but in no way does it compete to a Disney Plan in choices not even close.

• Like 4