Season Long Dining Plan

PKIVortex

There's a DQ with a Jimmy Johns and Chipoltes in a plaza about a mile from KI's north entrance near Ruby Tuesdays just before the access road exit. It might have the deal.

edit: In fact this is where I take my afternoon lunch walk when I go to KI. Directly across from the old Hall of Fame property.

• Like 1

No, I was talking about Kings Island's parking lot. We're in the KI forum aren't we? :)

So there's still a chance. I'll try to find out when I'm over there this week. Problem is I get there early and am reluctant to give up my good parking spots. I'll probably stop by when I leave the park, just to ask about it.

I saw that review too, Hydra, but I have had similar problems at other Steak 'n' Shakes that I go to more frequently. I wouldn't assume they're bad just because they were understaffed (and therefore slow) on occasion. The other complaint was about thin burgers, but that's how their burgers always are. It's one of the things I like about them.

• Like 1

Thanks. Then I was the problem.

Magenta Lizard, I was talking about at Cedar Point. To my knowledge, Cedar Fair does not own any Southern Ohio Dairy Queens.

EDIT: The Fields-Ertel Steak and Shake has THE singular worst table service of any restaurant I've EVER been to. Bar none. I will NEVER go back.

• Like 3

Wow. That is insane about Steak 'n' Shake. "Let's open a location near a major theme park that has existed for 30 years and then begrudge the clientele that brings." :/

Looking on the map, it's something like 250-500 feet from the north KI parking lot entrance to the DQ. Less from the north exit. If they do offer the $5 deal, I can see it being particularly helpful for families. It's not a big meal, but would be more than enough for most kids. I personally like that it is a little of a few different things.

• Like 2

Thanks. Then I was the problem.

Magenta Lizard, I was talking about at Cedar Point. To my knowledge, Cedar Fair does not own any Southern Ohio Dairy Queens.

EDIT: The Fields-Ertel Steak and Shake has THE singular worst table service of any restaurant I've EVER been to. Bar none. I will NEVER go back.

Agreed. 1000%.

Guest dtk1376

I agree about the healthy options, I asked skyline if I could get a side salad instead of fries with my 2 coneys and was told no. The theme park could really do more to promote healthy eating.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Wow. That is insane about Steak 'n' Shake. "Let's open a location near a major theme park that has existed for 30 years and then begrudge the clientele that brings." :/

Looking on the map, it's something like 250-500 feet from the north KI parking lot entrance to the DQ. Less from the north exit. If they do offer the $5 deal, I can see it being particularly helpful for families. It's not a big meal, but would be more than enough for most kids. I personally like that it is a little of a few different things.

It's actually about a mile from the main gate of the park. I take the path to Great Wolf Lodge to Great Wolf Drive and cross the highway at the crosswalk signs to Kings Island Inn then walk through their parking lot to the vacant lot or alongside the highway if I'm feeling lucky ( :) ). Then I cross over to Aces and Eights Powder Keg Harley. Through the lot and cross over to the plaza. Just be sure to watch all traffic!!! (there are some crazy drivers out there!!). You can get there in about 20 to 25 minutes.

• Like 2

My local Steak N Shake is terribl and consistently has low/near failing health scores. That alone keeps me away from their restaurants....nationwide.

Edit: One more note to any KI people reading this. STOP watering down the sodas. Less than 4 bucks a cup everywhere we went this past week and all were full strength.....even the Lemonade.

We had an 8 piece Chicken dinner with unlimited refills for 30 bucks.

• Like 1

Guest dtk1376

Meh, my Droid begs to differ lol. But I do enjoy eating Skyline Chili looking at the skyline because it enhances the chili eating experience, especially Skyline on the river, mmm watching the skyline eating Skyline. ;-)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 5