Season Long Dining Plan

PKIVortex

The all day meal deal, what if you can't remember when you last ate? It's 90minutes between times. The cashier told me that she can't tell me just by scanning my wrist band. Any ideas?

Not sure about the all day meal deal, but at Coasting For Kids, since I didn't use my pass for entry, there was an issue when trying to use my season long plan for dinner because it said I didn't have anything available that day.

I figured that may have been an issue, and we planned to use our dining plans later on Sunday, so when we finally got our Purple Coasting for Kids shirts we walked out to the car to change and to store our other shirts, and we used our passes to reenter the gate.

• Like 4

I figured that may have been an issue, and we planned to use our dining plans later on Sunday, so when we finally got our Purple Coasting for Kids shirts we walked out to the car to change and to store our other shirts, and we used our passes to reenter the gate.

Same here. I ate at skyline and it wouldn't work. The guy just told me to go on. So I ran out to the car later and renters with my pass. After that my meal plan worked later that night.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

So glad I read this topic before purchasing. We recently moved to Kentucky and are not far from KI, as a kid Cedar Point was my park. I had intended on buying the platinum pass with the all season dining as we plan on going to KI a few times but also planned on going to Cedar Point as part of our honeymoon in July, I would have been pretty upset if I got there and found out the dining plan only worked at KI. I'm still on the fence about it as it's just the two of us but I keep thinking it is still much easier because all we have to worry about is gas to get there, but then Im thinking I could pack food in a cooler but it's not as fun, still not sure what to do argh.

• Like 2

I have always been a cooler packer or a run to the local fast food guy. This year I went out on a limb and bought the meal plan. With a little one its so much easier to take a small break in the park than walking 10-15 mins out to the car for a bite to eat. However, without the plam, I am sure I would not be eating in the park for meals.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My biggest concern is knowing me and seeing the food at the park and wanting it, but I'm thinking if I pack a cooler and just buy snacks it might work out better since it's just my fiance and I. I'm really on the fence on what to do but keep thinking if I don't get the plan I may regret it.

I have always been a cooler packer or a run to the local fast food guy. This year I went out on a limb and bought the meal plan. With a little one its so much easier to take a small break in the park than walking 10-15 mins out to the car for a bite to eat. However, without the plam, I am sure I would not be eating in the park for meals.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

And this is exactly why the park is trying out the season long and all-day dining plans. I know MANY season pass holders who in the past never spent a dime at the park who are now purchasing the season-long plan because they see it as a good deal. These plans generate revenue for the park off of people who normally wouldn't be buying food.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

So, for the first time since I've had my Gold Pass, I lost it today at the park. :unsure:-_- If I have no luck at lost and found, I plan on replacing it via the $15.00 replacement fee. The amiable park representative I phoned earlier today reminded me that they allow you to go into the park three times before you must replace your Gold Pass. Well that don't help for people like me who have the all season long dining plan associated with their Gold Pass and need it for food. If I go back to get it replaced I sure do hope that my dining plan will still work on my new Gold Pass.

(EDIT: The meal plan does work on the new, shiny "Thrills Connect" Gold Pass)

• Like 1

So, for the first time since I've had my Gold Pass, I lost it today at the park. :unsure:-_- If I have no luck at lost and found, I plan on replacing it via the $15.00 replacement fee. The amiable park representative I phoned earlier today reminded me that they allow you to go into the park three times before you must replace your Gold Pass. Well that don't help for people like me who have the all season long dining plan associated with their Gold Pass and need it for food. If I go back to get it replaced I sure do hope that my dining plan will still work on my new Gold Pass.

(EDIT: The meal plan does work on the new, shiny "Thrills Connect" Gold Pass)

My kids forgot their pass and that paper receipt that was printed off for them, they used it for the meal plan that day with no issues. They just scanned the bar code on the receipt.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.carowinds.com/what-s-new/new-experiences-in-2015

"New in 2015 - Season Passholders can purchase an All Season Dining plan and enjoy a lunch and dinner each day at participating locations throughout Carowinds. The meal plan is simply uploaded on to your Season Pass ID card and scanned at the time of purchase. Buy yours this Fall before pricing goes up. Pricing as low as $74.25 when purchasing a 2015 Gold Pass."

I'm not sure why Kings Island isn't offering a combination price like this at the moment. Maybe the All Season Dining plan isn't returning to KI next year...

Also interesting to note: There is going to be a 4 hour interval between meals, as opposed to the 2 hour interval that we have here at Kings Island.

• Like 1

Cedar Point has a chain wide season plan with a Platinum pass. If the plans weren't to be offered at the rest of the parks, I don't think they would offer it chain wide. It wouldn't make any sense at all unless they are doing it just to drive up the amount of people that park hop.

• Like 1

I didn't care for CPs fried cheese. It tasted like a white Velvetta covered in salty batter.

It has no stringy feel or a real cheesy taste like one should.

Seeing the frwah cut fries as an option at other parks is a welcomed sight!

I wish KI would add them.

I was told by customer service yesterday that there would be a chain wide (platinum) option for the food plan. He did say that all Cedar Fair parks "may" not be on board for 2015 . Pricing was not available at that time. They did point out that there would be a 4 hour wait instead of the current 2.

I renewed my families' platinums today and there was nothing about the meal plan. I know I will add it to the passes as soon as its available. Its a no-brainer for us.

(and we love the Cedar Point Fried Cheese!)

I'm not surprised to see it extended from 2 to 4 hours between meals.

We are guilty of hitting KI in the evening and having The Chicken Shack for dinner and LaRosas as a snack when we leave the park.

I'll likely still buy it, but the 4 hour wait makes this deal much less of a value for me. I usually go to the park after work. Rarely am I even there for 4 hours. I enjoyed being able to grab pizza on my way out as a snack for the way home

If there is a single-park option with the same old two hour wait, I'd personally go for that one. If not, I'll still buy it as it is still a good value, just not nearly as good a value as the version from this season.

AFTER-POST EDIT: I suppose that the 4 hour wait IS better than the alternative, which would be for them to have cut the plan entirely. I would really like to see more restaurants in the plan now that it is more limited, but if it ends up being just like we have no (but with twice the wait) I won't be too terribly upset. It's still a heck of a deal when you live nearby.

^ Since you already renewed online, you'll probably have to pay in full at the park for the meal plan when it becomes available.

Pricing and terms may change after the season ends, so I would advise purchasing it by November 2.

Which is fine with me.

I'm not surprised to see it extended from 2 to 4 hours between meals.

We are guilty of hitting KI in the evening and having The Chicken Shack for dinner and LaRosas as a snack when we leave the park.

I'll likely still buy it, but the 4 hour wait makes this deal much less of a value for me. I usually go to the park after work. Rarely am I even there for 4 hours. I enjoyed being able to grab pizza on my way out as a snack for the way home

If there is a single-park option with the same old two hour wait, I'd personally go for that one. If not, I'll still buy it as it is still a good value, just not nearly as good a value as the version from this season.

AFTER-POST EDIT: I suppose that the 4 hour wait IS better than the alternative, which would be for them to have cut the plan entirely. I would really like to see more restaurants in the plan now that it is more limited, but if it ends up being just like we have no (but with twice the wait) I won't be too terribly upset. It's still a heck of a deal when you live nearby.

Yeah the 4 hours between meals is a surprising jump in time but hey - if it's intended as a lunch then dinner plan it still seems fair.

Still a way better deal than paying in the park if you're going to visit more than once or twice.

• Like 1