Season Long Dining Plan

PKIVortex

"To renew your 2014 season pass, please visit our website on your computer with Flash enabled.". Sigh. It's 2014 already. Why is it so hard to find a solution that allows us to do these things from mobile devices?

Yeah, but that's Accesso, not the park. We ran into that issue with KIC Day tickets a few years ago. I'm actually more concerned with the voucher for the Fast Lane for renewing. I don't even own a printer anymore. haha

• Like 2

^ Accesso is improving. They're trying to get away from Flash entirely, but rolling out new systems to basically every major park chain takes time. (I met one of their developers at CoasterMania.)

KI's ticket windows all have a computer with Accesso access, so they should be able to print any ticket/voucher from your order. Just have the order number, photo ID, and preferably the credit card that you paid with.

• Like 3

"To renew your 2014 season pass, please visit our website on your computer with Flash enabled.". Sigh. It's 2014 already. Why is it so hard to find a solution that allows us to do these things from mobile devices?

Yeah, but that's Accesso, not the park. We ran into that issue with KIC Day tickets a few years ago. I'm actually more concerned with the voucher for the Fast Lane for renewing. I don't even own a printer anymore. haha
Accesso, not the park?

FUN hired Accesso.

FUN can dictate the terms.

The Accesso interface is(n't) FUN to the customer.

The park doesn't get to cry that's not us when a contractor does something. The parks bought the contractors' performances. Good, bad or indifferent, they must own the result. Or demand change.

Flash required.

Pathetic.

• Like 3

For those of us concerned about Flash, are we not concerned that they are most likely using Flash when we purchase season pass at the park (unless you pay cash that is!)?

After purchasing something one time (somewhere else) and saw that the kid working the computer that my card was entered into had some webpages open (including an email application), I decided that I would rather take my chances with my own computer knowing what sites I am going to, security on computer, etc., than to trust it with some kid that could easily steal the info or be looking at websites that may log keystrokes and company security didn't pick it up. Or I just pay cash now...

My post was more a gripe about CF's lack of effort to update their sites, not really complaining due to concerns with the security of Flash. In fact, the website for accesso's Passport system even brags "It’s now just as simple for guests to plan their visit on their smartphone as it is on their desktop." and "your guests will enjoy a shopping experience that is consistently beautiful on any device". It's clear that accesso now has the technology, but CF isn't taking advantage of it.

I'll renew my Platinum pass sometime this season but I'm definitely going to hold off on the season long dining option until (1) the beginning of next season, or (2) when the full list of details about participating restaurants, wait between meals, chain-wide availability is released - whichever is later. I don't want to be sucked in and then have the plan completely changed shortly after I sign up, especially between now and the beginning of next season. I'll gladly pay a $20 or $30 procrastination tax so that all of the details are finalized and I know EXACTLY what I'm signing up for.

• Like 1

I'll renew my Platinum pass sometime this season but I'm definitely going to hold off on the season long dining option until (1) the beginning of next season, or (2) when the full list of details about participating restaurants, wait between meals, chain-wide availability is released - whichever is later. I don't want to be sucked in and then have the plan completely changed shortly after I sign up, especially between now and the beginning of next season. I'll gladly pay a $20 or $30 procrastination tax so that all of the details are finalized and I know EXACTLY what I'm signing up for.

It is already listed as chain wide via Cedar Points page. Kings Island just hasn't added it as of last check.

10524678_10205017463976668_3197704773233

• Like 1

My big question for the meal plan, is why does it not include (KI) Chick-Fil-A or Subway (not sure what else it didnt include). The meals at Chick-Fil-A were the same price as any other combo in the park (Or I thought they were) so its not a price thing. Was it?

From the check out screen

The All Season Dining Plan includes entree and a side at participating restaurants (1 lunch and 1 dinner per day) during your day Kings Island. There is a 4-hour interval between meals. Valid any public operating day of the 2015 season. Present Gold Season Pass Photo ID card at participating location for meal.

So any Public Operating Day.... I would take that to mean the end of Haunt as Well... so its not a bad deal, not at all.... 9X19=$171.....

Cost analysis:

Go to the park 10 times, and eat 1 meals, it only costs $17 each time to eat (including the pass)

Go to the park 10 times, and eat 2 meals, it only costs $8.50 each time to eat.

Again not a bad bad deal.

• Like 1

Guest dtk1376

Yes it is, I had that today actually. The choices for restaurants seems pretty random, not only Cincinnati based location as Planet Snoopy Grill as well as a few other non-chain locations are included, and not Kings Island only locations as Skyline and Larosa's is included.

I renewed today with the meal plan. I really can't wait to get to use it! I wish it included a single use this season :)

I assumed Italian Job 2005 meant "of the chain restaurants in the park, only the Cincinnati based ones are included" rather than "of all restaurants, only Cincinnati based chains are part of the plan."

• Like 2

^ that. thanks for clarifying it for me.

I'm not sure if the park employs people to work in the chain restaurants, or the chains send people to work at Kings Island. Although I do know that Graeter's on International Street did NOT accept my Graeter's gift card, so that makes me think Kings Island runs the chains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the 2015 Platinum Pass + all season dining on the Kings Island website, was the all season dining option valid at all Cedar Fair parks during the 2014 season too? Was this just added for 2015 or was this also the case for 2014? I didn't get a dining plan for the 2014 season but will be getting it for sure on my Platinum Pass since it can be used for all Cedar Fair parks for the 2015 season. I was always under the assumption of buy the dining plan at this park, you can only use it at this park.

15cj6mv.png

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/ticket-category/Season-Passes

There wasn't an all park dining option available this year. You had to buy each park individually if you wanted it. I'm happy about this option as I know I will be visiting at least three CF parks next year for multiple days each; I hoping for four.

Edited to add: yes, it is a new option for the 2015 season.

• Like 2