Season Long Dining Plan

PKIVortex

Didn't make money..I'll copy over later what I typed on Pointbuzz last night if needed.

Copied from Pointbuzz

Think for the daily meal every two hours, buffet & Coke Freestyle everytime..Or the season long, twice every visit. It unfortunately wasn't profitable I would bet from observing on the sidelines. Think how normally the dining plan does not give you a drink either, however Midway Market..tadaa

Best thing is go online, buy the daily one meal ticket for 13 bucks (or 13.99 I can't remember), which is cheaper than the price w/ pass discount, and bam, go enjoy a buffet.

If you really want though, use your meal plan at some other places like Pinks. Get a Bacon Chili Cheeseburger w/ Fries or Onion Rings..sweet deal, and quite tasty.

Hopefully next year we'll see daily drink bands for anyone come in like other parks (KI had them this year, just on the down low), or I've always wanted to see a season long. I'd gladly pay 100 or so for that to either do hey maybe unlimited, or say five drinks a day or something. Be nice to just walk up, bam have a glass of Coke here or there, or Powerade, etc. I just wish we'd get rid of the Kinzel cups but I know that'll never happen unfortunately. But at least we have a few drinking fountains in the park for big gulps of water, can't complain there.

• Like 2

KI used the "Kinzel Cups" even under Paramount. People gotta drink, you know.

I'm sure that a huge part of the reason why they use smaller cups is to entice you to purchase a real drink. However, if Kings Island is paying for the cups (I don't know enough about their Coke agreement to at either way) then the cost if the 'paper' cups is likely much higher than the little plastic cups.

Interestingly, last weekend at Cedar Point, I was given a full-size 20 oz. cup for water several times. Plus when I did get a small plastic cup, they were noticeably larger than KI's water cups.

I've been given full size cups at Kings Island when they've been out of the small cups.

I'm a wee bit surprised the greenies haven't gotten upset at Kings Island for the plastic cups, the lack of recycling, etc.

Come next year in DC, NO non-recyclable food containers can be used. No foam, no non-recyclable plastics. Plastic bags are already 5 cents each.

They have recycling bins throughout the park.

Bins are often not the best way to go. Avoiding generating non-recyclable waste to start with is far better.

Depending in the item and the recycling company it may be okay to recycle one item in one city and not okay in another.

One option is compostable plates, cups, and silverware. Products have come a long way in their quality. The company that manages the food service at work has done that. We have signs with pictures of what is and isn't compostable. I don't know how it has helped our waste stream as I don't get that info but it is a positive step in reducing landfill waste.

• Like 1

Guest dtk1376

The recycle bins at Kings Island are only for plastic bottles, not many plastic bottles are bought at Kings Island since they are so expensive, so I usually see most of them with very little in them. If the cups they give with drinks were recyclable it would go a long way with being more green. I like the idea of them putting some compost containers next to the garbage cans, especially with that season long dining deal, I always end up putting some food in the garbage, would be nice to put it in compost.

• Like 1

I often put the plastic Kinzel cups in them as well. Is that a problem?

It depends on the company that manages their recycling. The main recycler in Columbus isn't able to process any plastic that doesn't have a neck - regardless of what the number says on the item. Other recyclers can and do take any plastic. I would go with what the container says.

• Like 1

I remember when u used to get a Coke cup smaller than what a regular size is.

I also remember that. It was when I was much younger though so I imagine it might have been during Paramount's reign. I think they were maybe 12 oz. Coke cups(?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that was correct.

A quick update for the season long dining plan in 2015. I renewed my pass and one of my children's passes today. We were able to add the season long meal plan for 2015. It did not interfere with the 2014 meal plan. The supervisor showed me on her computer that my pass has been renewed and the meal plan is on it. Right now, the 2015 portions are locked for use. They will unlock them right before the 2015 season starts. I was told you may NOT use the payment plan to add the 2015 meal plan at this time. Also, food choices may be different next year.

• Like 1

Did anybody notice that the season pass dining plan works at all parks in 2015 if you have a platinum pass. I am from West Chester and I moved near Cedar Point so i am glad that i will bd getting my Skyline not overcharged while at the park

Yes. Read this thread, particularly the previous page. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...