Season Long Dining Plan

PKIVortex

Cedar Point's pizza? Did we have the same pizza?

Pizza with cardboard crust served from a heat lamp under a fluorescent, flickering menu by sweaty miserable young people? Maybe it's just been a while and they changed recipes?

• Like 1

I've had just about enough of Six Flags' pricing model.

I'm considering a trip to Great Adventure in a few weeks. $25 parking honestly has me thinking maybe I'd rather not. Only Terp's glowing and perpetual recommendation makes me want to stomach it.

After Great America a few years ago, I emailed Six Flags and said that if it weren't for the outrageous parking (which at that point was "only" $20) I would've spent a second day at the park. That's a second day of admission, a second day of food, even a second day of Flash Pass. But I felt so ripped off by parking and wouldn't allow myself to do it again.

There's something psychological about handing someone a $20 bill, getting no change, and "getting" nothing for it except a parking space. The "cheap admission, expensive everything else" scheme seems to have lessened over the years at Six Flags parks, but $25 for parking? No thank you. I guess that's a discussion for elsewhere.

Guest dtk1376

If I had to pay $25 to park anywhere, I would just opt to go with parking at a Park and Ride and taking the bus. Even a cab would probably be cheaper than that, if I was at least coming from somewhere close by.

I've had just about enough of Six Flags' pricing model.

I'm considering a trip to Great Adventure in a few weeks. $25 parking honestly has me thinking maybe I'd rather not. Only Terp's glowing and perpetual recommendation makes me want to stomach it.

After Great America a few years ago, I emailed Six Flags and said that if it weren't for the outrageous parking (which at that point was "only" $20) I would've spent a second day at the park. That's a second day of admission, a second day of food, even a second day of Flash Pass. But I felt so ripped off by parking and wouldn't allow myself to do it again.

There's something psychological about handing someone a $20 bill, getting no change, and "getting" nothing for it except a parking space. The "cheap admission, expensive everything else" scheme seems to have lessened over the years at Six Flags parks, but $25 for parking? No thank you. I guess that's a discussion for elsewhere.

I'll add my glowing and not-perpetual-enough recommendation on that, if that helps you stomach the parking any more--Great Adventure is amazing. If you're asking me, it's eons better than Great America in terms of ride quality. Out of the Six Flags I've been to (Great America, St. Louis, Fiesta Texas, over Georgia, Great Adventure, and America), I'd easily say Great Adventure is the best of the bunch. There are parts/rides of Fiesta Texas and St. Louis that I enjoy more, but in terms of the overall experience, you can't beat Great Adventure out of that group.

As a fellow Tomb Raider: The Ride fan, you're going to enjoy the Golden Kingdom area of the park. It WILL feel like you ought to be able to turn the corner and enter a certain dimly-lit cavern. If you enjoyed The Dark Knight at Great America, Great Adventure's was maintained better, at least as of 2012. They've even added references to The Dark Knight Rises/Bane to the queue, despite that the ride is centered around the Joker. And then there's El Toro and Runaway Mine Train and Skull Mountain and Medusa... ah. I wish I could drop everything and go there now. This dang post gave me Great Adventure feels.

• Like 4

How much is the all day drink wrist band?

It was like $9.60 with my pass.

Interesting. The little logo thingy isn't on the 4pc. meal on the screen.

It definitely was when I went through on Monday.

Where are these available to purchase?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

So as of Wednesday it isn't shown as part of the dining plan, correct? As of Monday it was. It doesn't hurt to ask what is on it. My first time using it, the associates asked me what I wanted, I asked what was on the meal plan and they said any of the combos.

Next time you visit or someone visits, ask if the 4 piece is on the dining plan. If so, great. If not, no big deal.

• Like 1

I went to Planet Snoopy Grill on Monday and was able to get a 4-piece Chicken Tender meal there with my season pass. I don't know if that's how many they usually give you or not, but that's what I got when I told them I wanted the season pass chicken tender meal.

Honestly I didn't think to ask yesterday. I'm pretty sure if 4 people asked we may get 4 different answers. I'm obnoxiously optimistic though and have no doubts that if the Season Long Dining Plan does go company wide next year the staff will be trained much better. At least it seems like they are erring on the side of caution if they are unsure. Hey who's gonna argue with getting more food?