Do you think that The Bat will have a line just as long as the Banshee tommorow?

kingsislandfan1972

Tommorow is the opening for the 2014 season at Kings Island, hooray! Now since the the Flight Deck has been rethemed and renamed The Bat, and the opening of the Banshee, do you think that the time wait for each ride is going to be the same or do you think that the line for the Banshee will be a lot longer than The Bat?

Banshee will probably be a LOT longer, given it's actually a brand-new ride and The Bat- while it may trick some people with its new theme & paintjob- is still a ride that originally opened in 1993. It'll my guess? Banshee will be 3+ hours, Bat will probably be 30-60 minutes. Though I could be wrong.

• Like 2

I was surprised today that the wait for The Bat was as long as it was. It was around 30 minutes for me but it was getting longer when I got off. I did hear a few people make comments like "yeah this is new" but not sure if they thought it was brand new or just newly themed.

That's cool to hear, I'm sure it will get much longer lines this year with the new toy opening up next door. I think Flight Deck (The Bat) really suffered in ridership ever since SOB was closed. But I'm hoping it gets more attention now, it's really is a great ride.

• Like 6

I'm sure the Banshee will pull more crowds back to it in multiple ways.

People riding Banshee can see it clearly, plus more visible with the new paint as well

The new theme and name can trick some people into thinking it's a new ride completely

I know there were a lot of people that didn't even really know there was something back there so now it will get more attention.

• Like 3

^I agree, I love that it's getting ridership and attention it deserves, it's a great ride. However, it probably means it'll be harder to get marathon rides on which is a shame. Ah well, all I do know is this year she's running PERFECT.

I would take this with a grain of salt, but per a post from ACE on the Facebook page for their Coasting For Kids team, Cedar Fair is implementing a new policy to allow a maximum of two consecutive rides before requiring a break. No word on how long this "break" must be, but that will end marathons as we know them. And this is for general operations,m not just Coasting for Kids.

https://www.facebook.com/events/681466668585211/permalink/688345371230674/?stream_ref=3

• Like 2

^ Very interesting.

Noticed this practice on Media Day after riding The Bat and wasn't sure what was going on. Was leaving the station and another couple asked to continuing riding but was asked to change seat locations prior to the next trip around. I thought that was very strange to say the least but it now makes sense.

• Like 2