Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

I would say that your sunglasses will probably be safe on your face. If you don't have a strap, wear a cheap discount store pair just in case. It's not like Firehawk, where you are hanging face down and your glasses might simply fall off. But if you really want to wear good sunglasses, or any prescription glasses, on any ride, invest in a decent strap to be safe. They only cost a few bucks.

And Croakies brand are by far the best.

• Like 1

I rode Banshee three times today. Although I personally would have liked to have ridden more, I was there with an acquaintance who, on the first try, couldn't fit in the test seat. I mean, it was really, really close - I'd say the seatbelt was a half centimeter too short. Anyway, he then proceeded to go through all five stages of grief (he had bought an ACE membership for the explicit purpose of going to Media Day) and we proceeded to eat a delicious lunch at the Chicken Shack, marathon The Bat a bit, and jog around the small section of the park that was open in the hopes of him losing enough weight to get that extra half centimeter. Apparently it worked, because when he tried the test seat again, he fit, albeit barely.

The first thing he said when the train hit the brake run was "I like Diamondback better."

(On a side note, that buttered bread bun roll thing [EDIT: apparently it's something called "Texas Toast," although I've never heard anything referred to as that before] that came with the complimentary meal at the Chicken Shack was possibly the most delicious thing I've ever eaten at an amusement park. I mean, that's some Dollywood-tier food right there.)

• Like 15

I took 7 laps today on Banshee. All good experiences however the only gripe that I have is with the seatbelts themselves. It was in an awkward position to where the ride op had to push it in the rest of the way for me. Obviously in Row 4 this was a non issue. I jammed my finger on my second ride but wasn't too big a deal later on in the day.

After 9 rides today I can say that Banshee is amazing! I love the theme especially in the dark. I think my favorite part is the roll at the end. I also think the left outer seat is my favorite. We had a wonderful experience today and can't wait to return in the morning.

• Like 1

I had 16 wonderful rides on Banshee. There is not a bad seat on the entire ride. I have to say row 1 middle 2 seats are excellent. The view of looking up and seeing the track and looking down seeing the ground quickly approaching is incredibly cool.

The textured lighting at night is much better than I hoped it would be. I expected this ride to be great. It far exceeds my expectation. The theming is breathtaking.

I don't know if I can pick one element out as "best". It's almost as if each seat highlights a different turn or loop. It's a whole new feel in each seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Reading the closed topic, and about the polo shirt, I'm thinking 75.00 is not that bad for a shirt you'd wear to the park, especially during August.

A Dri-Fit Shirt in Ohio is not a bad idea. It could be your Official Park Shirt. It's a polo- you can golf, too.

I just got a dry tech shirt at Dick's for that express purpose, so I don't melt at the park, except it's a boys' shirt, designed after Captain America's uniform. I'll look like I'm wearing Underoos, but at least I won't feel icky in the humidity.

The high capacity feature of the Banshee might lure me into the line. I'm hearing so much fabulous about it, my curiosity might be too much to just watch. I guess I'll have to gauge the crowd.

• Like 2

First off, Media Day was fantastically organized! It was the first media day I have attended and it was a fantastic experience.

Second, I had 5 rides on Banshee and they were all excellent. Banshee is more than likely my favorite invert and favorite ride at Kings Island. It is one of the most perfectly paced rides I have ridden. The lack of a MCBR and the fact that this thing doesn't let up until you hit the final brakes is incredible. The first drop is one of the best I have ever been on, the next two inversions are huge and probably the least forceful part of the ride, then it hits the zero-g roll and it is perfectly forceful the rest of the way.

Banshee is a fantastic addition to our park and the renovations it led to for Action Zone are proof that Kings Island might be experiencing one of its best years! :)

• Like 3