Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

The ride itself is amazing. The crew did not seem up to par yet, continuously stacking until about 4:00 - 4:30. As well, the ride kept shutting down early (Clean-up row 2?). The ride was intense, but too intense it seems to the people with weak stomachs. I heard a lot of people were sick after Banshee. She is not like anything I've ever seen. They have a number one new coaster in my books. Congrats Kings Island.

• Like 5

Got to ride at night in the front row. It was an awesome experience as you can't see what's coming. I am jealous of you all that got to ride lots last night. But I agree about the Fast Lane and the shirts. I saw kids with four or five shirts. And the lane cutting thing started before the gates even opened. It seems like people have no respect for others. But overall, the day was a great success and KI should be proud.

• Like 3

Sorry for a double post - but while standing in line, I read MrSaturdayNite's comment and I kid you not I looked up from my phone and immediately across about 5 rows of turnstiles saw you in your green polo carrying your jacket. I was unable to give a shout out unfortunately, but it was kind of funny and I thought worth a mention anyways :)

• Like 1

The ride itself is amazing. The crew did not seem up to par yet, continuously stacking until about 4:00 - 4:30. As well, the ride kept shutting down early (Clean-up row 2?). The ride was intense, but too intense it seems to the people with weak stomachs. I heard a lot of people were sick after Banshee. She is not like anything I've ever seen. They have a number one new coaster in my books. Congrats Kings Island.

From the new report tonight, Mr. Don Helbig was quoted as saying, "Like with any other ride, youre occasionally going to have a protein spill....youre going to want to be careful with what you eat before you ride" hahaha

They did report that the ride was closed a few times to wash it down.

• Like 1

Last week I went to Dollywood and rode Wild Eagle. I have larger legs and pretty tall and had a really hard time getting in restraints, namely because the seat belt needed just a little bit to click. Does anybody know if I will experience the same problem with Banshee?? Is the belt pretty long or is it not much longer than Drop Tower? Thank you

My Banshee & Kings Island first experience......in a word SUPERB! I was most impressed with the way they themed the attraction......I don't say that very often considering what I do for a living.......but I give it a 10 out of 10.....Kudos Kings Island. My daughter Cami's response to riding Banshee......."it was wicked cool".

Now we are headed for the final stop on our 3 week journey...Cedar Point.............Kings Island was originally going to be the last stop...but it works out easier on me to make Cedar Point last....and in a way...the accident my daughter and I were in.....kind of is Godsend in a way....because...originally I was going to fly her back to get her tail back and drive back by myself......but quite frankly I am downright exhausted....so we will both be flying back......AFTER we get on ALL the coasters at Cedar Point.......Since the beginning of our amusement park quest....we have gone on 37 coasters.......I want to hit 50.....even if it means I have to ride a kiddie coaster at Cedar Point.....haha

• Like 8

That is a good point a few of you made, the theming was terrific! I usually don't pay that much attention to theming on coasters, but this one was very cool. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of it though, they could make the queue like walking through a haunted house, especially if we're going to spend so much time standing in line.

My overview of the ride-

1. Absolutely love the theming. Way above what I was expecting out of Cedar Fair. Action Zone in general looked sharp.

2. The first drop- amazing. I love the snappy lateral twist as it starts out and the steep angle of descent really makes the ground look like its rushing up at you. Its probably one of the more dramatic drops I've experienced on a coaster.

3. GREAT positive g's throughout, particularly going from the first loop to the 0g roll and the valley of the batwing.

4. I really underestimated how the in-line roll would play out. Its taken a lot faster than I thought, has a nice combination of hang time and lateral forces.

5. 0g rolls are amazing inversions, Banshee's delivers in spades

6. Overall incredible what Banshee brings to the park, both in the ride line up as well as the improvements it inspired in Action Zone

• Like 9

You should have seen the crew by the end of the night. As soon as the train stopped in the station, it was almost like they 'released the hounds' and the employees rushed out to help unbuckle seat belts and assists guests in getting in and out of the seats. The line moved relatively quickly by the end of the night. I got in line at about 8:55 (that's 20:55 in TheDevariousEffect time) and it was a full queue. Essentially the entry way was empty but the entire massive queue house was full. We waited about an hour and fifteen minutes, which I think is pretty darn impressive. There was some stacking, but there are situations where that's going to happen no matter what. You also have to realize that this is a new restraint system that is relatively unlike any ride at Kings Island. People who aren't in tune with coasters may find them a little confusing at first.

Regardless, I think that Kings Island did a very good job today. Trust me, all of the people who work there worked their bums off during the off season - and many of them went sleepless over the course of 2 or 3 days.

Good things are ahead, everyone!

• Like 7

That's surprising. Yesterday went off so perfect.

I think I may have been across from you and your wife in line today. I had saw your comment about being at Diamondback's opening day in another thread. I had a yoshi drawstring bag and a Diamondback first rider shirt. I thought it may be you from memory of your icon and the fact that you are holding a baby - who would be about the age of the children I saw. :> of course this post will be awkward if I am totally wrong about this, disregard if so, lol.

Also, in an unrelated note, I just finished reading everyone's comments, I wish I had a way to post to the boards while waiting in line =p I'm a person who's terrified of vomit (emetophpobia - a terrible fear for someone as addicted to roller coasters as I) and riding in the middle train made me a little nervous about someone who may be not feeling good in front of me, if you know what I mean. If I get a chance to pick, I'd like to choose to ride in the front seat to elimate that chance.

I noticed while I was approaching the station that the garbage can had some fresh sawdust in it that had a very strong pine sol smell. Better than smelling like ralph of course, but just thinking that it was disposed of right there was grossing me out. I hope I'm never around to see the Banshee get to someone badly. Now, I consider my stomach to be strong but I was a little worried about getting on the Banshee because Invertigo makes me dizzy sometimes (no nausea though) as well as the slingshot and also Vortex, for a moment after completing the two loops.

• Like 3

You should have seen the crew by the end of the night. As soon as the train stopped in the station, it was almost like they 'released the hounds' and the employees rushed out to help unbuckle seat belts and assists guests in getting in and out of the seats. The line moved relatively quickly by the end of the night. I got in line at about 8:55 (that's 20:55 in TheDevariousEffect time) and it was a full queue. Essentially the entry way was empty but the entire massive queue house was full. We waited about an hour and fifteen minutes, which I think is pretty darn impressive. There was some stacking, but there are situations where that's going to happen no matter what. You also have to realize that this is a new restraint system that is relatively unlike any ride at Kings Island. People who aren't in tune with coasters may find them a little confusing at first.

Regardless, I think that Kings Island did a very good job today. Trust me, all of the people who work there worked their bums off during the off season - and many of them went sleepless over the course of 2 or 3 days.

BoddoH,

You and I had must've had the same crew. They made sure you were locked in, and when you were supposed to disembark, it's like they descended from the ceiling like ninjas- snap snap snap- and you were on your way. We rode at 8:15PM. The crew was friendly, too. I was impressed.

• Like 5

I want to give a huge shoutout to Banshee's crew. You guys rocked it hard today!

After my first night ride (and overall ride) during a normal operating day, I gotta say, I love the theming, especially at night. The tombstones look great, both in line and on the ground by the ride.

And as for my review: I love each and every element. Literally my ONLY gripe is that I think the zero-g roll could be just a hair more forceful like on some 90's inverts, but I love it anyway. It is the ONLY ride at Kings Island that is a truly great experience from the moment you step foot in the line to the moment you leave the under-station shop.

• Like 6

BoddoH,

You and I had must've had the same crew. They made sure you were locked in, and when you were supposed to disembark, it's like they descended from the ceiling like ninjas- snap snap snap- and you were on your way. We rode at 8:15PM. The crew was friendly, too. I was impressed.

What people have to realize is that although safety is their #1 priority, capacity is very important to them too. If the line is slow or the trains are stacking or whatever, it's probably not because of anything the crew is doing wrong. There are other issues that could slow down the process. I really think that people had to "figure out" the restraint system. I stand by that. I'm sure the crew had some fine-tuning, which they'll figure out quickly. That's not just them, though. That's ANY crew on ANY ride on ANY Opening Day.

• Like 6

Cedar Point not open...I just assumed it was....THANKS for telling me before I head out.......I guess I will take Terpy's cue and go for Dollywood then....Thanks Terp..... :)

Better make plans for another trip, Cedar Point is like Heaven on Earth..... Dang it, now I got 'that' song in my head. EDIT: My Banshee experience was amazing, loved it. Very lucky to have great conversation with people in line with us to make the time fly!

• Like 1

Banshee is worth the wait for anyone going. If all three trains are running as it should it will not take long compared to the Friday morning/early afternoon crowd. Once they got the rhythm down it moved very fast.

I have rode 18 times so far. ( I rode on Media Day and Scream Like a Banshee, not 18 times today.) It's such an amazing and wonderful ride. No bad seats on the ride. I prefer front row middle two seats or row 8 right side.

In line a little girl named Elizabeth asked me what I thought of the ride and I gave her tips. She found me after she got off the ride to tell me she loved it.

I asked my daughter what the best thing is and all I get out of her is "Banshee". She loves it beginning to end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

A lot of you know how much I like Montu and Banshee absolutely blows Montu away in my opinion. Over the past two days I got to ride 14 times. Rows 1 and 8 are tied for the best seats on the ride. With row 8 you get the forces that most inverts lack. And that whip down the first drop from this row is insane! I absolutely loved it!

With the front row you get the full visual effect and what a visual experience this ride is! It may be a little less intense but it makes up for it with all that you can see!

I absolutely love Banshee! I absolutely love the direction the park took Action Zone! I also want to thank everyone who made media day and Scream For A Kid Again happen! Those were the best two experiences I've ever had at the park!

• Like 11